What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuffy

Bench
Not that I've done the math, but we seemed to have lost about 10+ players and signed 5.

Are we going to promote from within or continue to shop?

I wish Jobdog but even with the increase of the cap squeezing, Gidley, Uate, Boyd, Mullen, Costigan, and Snowden is gonna be tough.

Not to mention increases to players like House, Edwards and Taia.....

We've got more than enough backrowers at the moment. What we truly need is a class halfback. Cronk?
We would have to let Mullen go if that was to be any chance of becoming reality and hope Tinks can find a big third party somewhere. We are talking a 500 k a season player right there.

Yosh

Coach
There aren't actually that many on the market right?

The only ones that are considerably better than what we have are Cronk, Benji and Thurston. I would love to see Benji here but doubt it'll happen. Actually... I'll call it. Benji at newie in 2013. You heard it here first (<--- Yosh of old)

Joker's Wild

Coach
Bulls###. He has hands and skills from God mate. He could by rights be the world's biggest five eighth. Damaging ballrunner. A human wrecking ball. Has it all.

The guy has a ticker the size of a wallnut. He loves running at tiny men all day but goes missing when he has to do any real work in the middle.

Hes the kind of player you want when your 10m out but thats it.

Silent Knight

First Grade
If we want to be premiership contenders we really shouldn't look at recruiting LOL@50uff$ players. They bring the taint with them.

RHCP

Bench
Most forwards would look like human wrecking balls if they spent all game running at halves/centres/wingers.
Yep.

Sucks to be GI, never gets any room because Dave is running so wide trying to emulate Mal Meninga.

perverse

Referee
does anyone else feel that we may have had Cuthbo close to signed, but have maybe at the last minute referred him over to Leeds in a final attempt to get Bedsy back over here without a transfer fee? Leeds were open to a "replacement" coming from elsewhere, and allegedly it needn't be a hooker, either.

just pondering... the Buderus deal seems all but done, i don't know why they would bother waiting to announce it anymore if there weren't still something such as this hinging on it.

so yeah, my predicition is we pull out of the race for Cuthbertson in order to secure Buderus. call it a speculator?

Bicey_18

Bench
does anyone else feel that we may have had Cuthbo close to signed, but have maybe at the last minute referred him over to Leeds in a final attempt to get Bedsy back over here without a transfer fee? Leeds were open to a "replacement" coming from elsewhere, and allegedly it needn't be a hooker, either.

just pondering... the Buderus deal seems all but done, i don't know why they would bother waiting to announce it anymore if there weren't still something such as this hinging on it.

so yeah, my predicition is we pull out of the race for Cuthbertson in order to secure Buderus. call it a speculator?

They will both be in Newcastle ;-)

Bicey_18

Bench
Cuthbertson, Laurie and Buderus will round out the clubs signings for 2012...

Gains: Darius Boyd, Kade Snowden, Timana Tahu, Danny Buderus, Adam Cuthbertson, Daine Laurie, Alex McKinnon, Robbie Rochow

Pretty handy recruitment imo

cram

Bench
I wonder if the uncertainty surrounding Tolar is the problem/issue...may need his $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.