What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
I love the smell of a anti-club sarcasm fest in the morning !

sCdvK90R-y6jZop_dVzbP819KEGSJtzGM6kEluxK0aabXhqsF7xB9lqaWcE7oWLFZXbk0XvvXg=w500-h250-nc
Give me something to keep my hopes alive for 2019 Gronky. Im not a sarcastic person by nature but goodness im desperate to hear some level of professionalism that will support the change that is apparently so desperately required thus the need for The Review.

Gronk

Staff member
Give me something to keep my hopes alive for 2019 Gronky. Im not a sarcastic person by nature but goodness im desperate to hear some level of professionalism that will support the change that is apparently so desperately required thus the need for The Review.

Well mate we have a new board that are all results driven merkins in their professional lives. We have a new stadium which in April will give the club the badly needed shot of adrenaline. We have so far 3 strong signings. I counted 11 players and the coach who are off contract. They are all playing for their careers. We got dis.

El Diablo

Post Whore
You’d like to think so, so far before the review is even finished we have the Head coach safe, attacking coach extended and the Head fitness AFL merkin safe.

Massive changes coming up by the looks, totally massive.
meanwhile the Cowboys CEO quits after their bad year and he had more runs on the board than any of the numbnuts at Parra

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Why do people think the HoF would be appointing coaching staff? .... it was explicitly stated in the job description they would not manage coaching .... head coaches always appoint their staff

Exactly. Managers don't hire other managers. They may have a say in the process, just like the coach may have a say in who should be the HOF but in the end the decision will be made by the CEO.

I do believe that the HoF would be involved in the hiring of the coaching staff of non-first grade teams.

emjaycee

Coach
If that is in fact the case, why the hell did we contract a merkin to conduct the club’s review whose whole philosophy is essentially building and improving culture to improve performance?

“Shane McCurry is a thought leader in dynamic settings across industries including high performance sport, corporate, government and education. Shane’s foundation philosophy is that all individuals, teams & organisations have the capacity to improve, and can reach their full potential through an “elevation” focus on progress, story, connection, wellbeing and reflection (and this is true for our work and personal lives!). As a consultant, coach and facilitator, Shane's thought leadership practice inspires change, growth and progress by supporting leaders and teams to enhance Culture, Leadership, Wellbeing & Performance.”

https://au.linkedin.com/company/shane-mccurry-thought-leadership

#micdrop

When I read it, I thought it said that his philosophy was that individuals, teams and organisations can improve and reach their full potential through increased focus on progress, story, connection, wellbeing and reflection - and that this inspires change, growth and progress in order to enhance Culture, Leadership, Wellbeing and Performance.

Therefore one could argue that an improved culture is a by-product of what McCurry provides and not the actual focus.

#justsaying

Happy MEel

First Grade
When I read it, I thought it said that his philosophy was that individuals, teams and organisations can improve and reach their full potential through increased focus on progress, story, connection, wellbeing and reflection - and that this inspires change, growth and progress in order to enhance Culture, Leadership, Wellbeing and Performance.

Therefore one could argue that an improved culture is a by-product of what McCurry provides and not the actual focus.

#justsaying
I’d argue that those are all elements of culture and the by-product is improved performance.

However, the main point is that culture is something the club has identified as needing improvement. This is something that many of us on here agree with but have been told we have no idea.

Gronk

Staff member
I’d argue that those are all elements of culture and the by-product is improved performance.

However, the main point is that culture is something the club has identified as needing improvement. This is something that many of us on here agree with but have been told we have no idea.

I tell you what would be better that a culture transplant - unlimited TPAs that would allow you to stockpile Tedesco, Ferguson, Manu, Mitchell, Keary, Cronk, JWH, Cordner & Napa.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Are you still burning over my buzzword joke or are you referring to other comments?

Happy MEel

First Grade
I tell you what would be better that a culture transplant - unlimited TPAs that would allow you to stockpile Tedesco, Ferguson, Manu, Mitchell, Keary, Cronk, JWH, Cordner & Napa.
It sure would. But in the absence of these unlimited TPAs we need to look at other avenues to gain a competitive advantage.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
meanwhile the Cowboys CEO quits after their bad year and he had more runs on the board than any of the numbnuts at Parra
He's probably thinking he should've quit after the grand final win. Meanwhile none of our blokes have achieved their goals yet. So why would they quit?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I'm certain they're looking at measurables rather than abstract concepts like 'culture', but they will talk about culture because they have to these days, just as they have to give a nod to diversity.

Of course they will make 'cultural' recommendations such as getting rid of merkins who f**k up on the piss or otherwise harm the club's reputation. We already got rid of Edwards, one of our best forwards, and rumours won't go away that we're trying to get rid of Norman, who is one of our best players. So 'fixing the culture' has already been one of Arthur's goals before the review happened.

Latest posts