What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
I can't for the life of me think why you'd enjoy RL less than any other year!

I have just had enough of the terrible governance of it since super league. It has never been run properly since then and year after year it is losing ground to other interests and sports, in particular AFL. Added to that we as a team(Parra) has let me and of course all Parra fans down way to many times for me to feel much joy over a season. Plus once the final 8 this year was all but done and dusted, many games just didn't hold that much appeal for me.

Also crowds, I have said it before, nearly empty stadiums makes watch games very difficult unless it is a cracker of a game. I found myself tuning in to games this year and within 5-10 mins max, I would get restless and get up and do something else. They just couldn't hold my interest. No atmosphere, is a huge part of it when it comes to watching and event or not.

On crowds, on 360 last week and other shows, they were discussing the concern of half empty stadiums during the final series and very poor crowds during the season proper, especially since the games have been of very high quality and what to do to fix it. The old big stadiums for big events and little suburban venues for the others was tossed around a lot and local derbies was another that got an airing again.

Sure these ideas will be ok and help with crowds to some modest degree, but will not be the catalyst that sends crowds truly northward. I believe only location and quality of venue can change the habits of the Sydney public in a substantial way. We are a very congested f'edup city and it isn't cheap either so unless you can virtually serve my weekly entertainment on a platter, remember we need fans to turn up weekly not only once or twice a season, then they will stay in and watch it on tele, or find something else more convenient to do. That is human nature.

That is why, that new proposal to build the Stadium over Central Station is by far and away the best possible location and would rectify virtually all the Stadium ills of the last 50 years in one full swoop. If it were to ever happen(never will) people would all of a sudden start to think differently about the commute. I mean it is Central F**ken Station FFS! Besides the Roosters, I believe even Manly fans who are notorious non travellers would adjust and say "you know what, it may not be Brooky, but a simple train ride straight in to the Stadiums door, then I sit in a brand spanking new luxurious stadium(maybe even a roof) and then when I leave straight downstairs onto a train again and home no hassles for me and the kiddies. Great atmosphere, the kiddies will be engaged and love it, I'm there".

Souths would think of bringing back many of their games and probably have a split between Parra Stadium and Central Station Stadium, depending on who they are playing. Same would go for virtually all the Sydney based teams. Like I said it is a no brainer, but what do the jurnos, suggest and bring up as solutions? Derbies and smaller venues. Instead they should of grabbed onto this story of the new Central Station Stadium proposal and flogged it to death. Highlight it, make it an issue. Keep bringing it up. Write about it every day in their columns. Bring it to the attention of the RL public. Sure they are fighting powerful figures that don't want it to happen, but when has that stopped them before when they have an agenda? That is what journalists are meant to do after all, help fix wrongs right?

They all profess to love the game and make a great living off of it, well show that you truly love it FFS, and take on a worthy cause that actually may fix the worst look that RL has and that is very, poor week in and week out crowds, especially when compared to its main competitor AFL. Rugby League needs a Central Station Stadium, hell Sydney needs a Central Station Stadium more then ever. Sadly no one in a position to do something about it is willing to start the ball rolling.

So, I predict, after the spike that we will get when these new stadiums open, within a year or two later, the crowds will go down to under 20k average again.

Sorry for the length of my rant.

END.

emjaycee

Coach
PMSL. Settle mate. Its not Bernie you're conversing with. Poo is just having a seniors moment. I have many.
Mate, don't tell me to calm down!!!
I am as calm as Hindy111's bath when Gus gets out.

Am just sick to death of Pou thinking he is always right and no merkin on here calling him on it.
He doesn't get called out enough for his bullshit posts!!

LOL

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The footy club was haemorrhaging cash and the Leagues Club was picking up the bill. Max was brought in to stop that.
Pretty sure we have lost 18 million the last two years.

And have one of the lowest jersey sponsorships in the NRL.

If it is mission accomplished like Pou is claiming it must be like a George W Bush mission accomplished.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Am just sick to death of Pou thinking he is always right and no merkin on here calling him on it.

LOL
You may have a point. I bet the merkin is sitting there smugly wearing a Roosters Scarf as well. Bad Poo.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If Seibold couldnt turn him into a regular first grader I highly doubt BA could.
Age and experience could improve any player to the point where they are a first grader. And not being top 17 at a preliminary finalist doesn't mean a player isn't good enough for first grade.

However Fuimaono's defence was poor last time I saw him play. He's not a centre, and not really big enough for edge forward.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah let’s give everyone contract upgrades and extensions, they are so good.

Everyone at Parra is the best, everyone is awesome and has done an awesome, amazing and exciting just job. f**k yeah f**kEN!!
I think you're missing the point. They are good enough when they're at other clubs, meaning the problem isn't the individual employee.

The problem is their employer.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pretty sure we have lost 18 million the last two years.

And have one of the lowest jersey sponsorships in the NRL.

If it is mission accomplished like Pou is claiming it must be like a George W Bush mission accomplished.
You don't think we have cut spending enough?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Didn't we lose most of that before the cuts? Which was also before we ran last.

Maybe there's a link between spending money and winning footy games?
Pretty sure 8 million for the last year, thank f**k for the cuts otherwise we would be really screwed.

And all it cost us was a spoon, so very exciting.

hindy111

Post Whore

LOL

Well we all have an opinion and as a grown adult all entitled to one if want. If Pou beleives his why is yours any better to call his bullshit?
Not having a go at you at all but just telling it how is.

Latest posts