What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
But but but but but it is the coach.

But but but but but it is the players.

But but but but but it is the front of house.

But but but but but there isn't one single, convenient, easy scapegoat who is responsible for all of our problems.

People with problems sometimes are not smart enough to realize they are the problem or they find it easier to blame someone else.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I have said it before. I think BA is a great loyal guy and players respect him. But I dont think he is smart enough to out witt the other coaches with a game plan. More a monkey see monkey doo type.
But that can and most likely has been fixed with the assistant they bought in. Now we can sit back and see by round 10 how effective it was. If not sack him and let Potter is it? Take over
Do coaches really outwit other teams and coaches with game plans these days? Most games are pretty boring and are largely the same. Its become a very simple game

The team that is better prepared and more committed is the one that usually wins. Not the one with a better game plan. Just my opinion.

hindy111

Post Whore
Do coaches really outwit other teams and coaches with game plans these days? Most games are pretty boring and are largely the same. Its become a very simple game

The team that is better prepared and more committed is the one that usually wins. Not the one with a better game plan. Just my opinion.

I think they still do yes. They pick out areas they want to attack or they increase the risks they are going to have to take to beat the better side.
Seibold seemed to have a plan first time we played them. Scored 5 x the same way.
Funny enough in game 2 it didnt work. We where aware of it and prepared for it.

Teams will adjust to certain styles. If you play the Storm you cant let them get infront so nest to grind and hope to score first. Where a team like Warriors id chsnce my hand a lot more. If they took a 10 point lead I wouldnt be as concerned.
Just my two cents worth

hindy111

Post Whore
Plus coaches will pick weak spots like slow centres or sluggish big forwards and try to expose them with guys who they have thst can take advantage of the situation.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
But but but but but it is the coach.

But but but but but it is the players.

But but but but but it is the front of house.

But but but but but there isn't one single, convenient, easy scapegoat who is responsible for all of our problems.
So the incompetent coach gets a free ride because the clowns above him are incompetent as well???

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I have said it before. I think BA is a great loyal guy and players respect him. But I dont think he is smart enough to out witt the other coaches with a game plan. More a monkey see monkey doo type.
But that can and most likely has been fixed with the assistant they bought in. Now we can sit back and see by round 10 how effective it was. If not sack him and let Potter is it? Take over
So we waste yet another season and then bring in another average option. Potter did a fair job at the Tigers but he’s hardly a massive step up.

Gazzamatta

Coach
So what are we doing to resolve our goal kicking issues? A significant problem that hasnt been properly addressed in years.
Moses was average but better than Gutho. Whats our plan? Do we even have one?

IFR33K

Coach
So we waste yet another season and then bring in another average option. Potter did a fair job at the Tigers but he’s hardly a massive step up.

Welcome to parra mate.

Don’t have high hopes or expect to do well, as is just saves disappointment end of year.

TheRam

Coach
I suspect that the club is also trying to work out who is the biggest dickhead off the field (and it's a tight contest) and who has the greatest positive or negative impact on the rest of the squad.

I really don't see how Norman is the best goalkicker in the NRL.

Maybe right on the first part due to BA is a little slow on character identification with some of the signings and re-signings over the years. Most other coaches would of worked out after a year of two the character of their players. But it is BA after all, so you are probably right.

As for the last part, who said anything about Norman kicking goals? His kicking in the in-goal son, his kicking in the in-goal.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yes I did, but I’m not on the inside like our SuperCoach is. I hadn’t worked with him under pressure situations.
What a cop out. You are basically admitting you have NFI!

So on that basis you don’t actually know whether he even showed any evidence of not dealing with pressure previously.

His status in the game and form before would he joined Parra suggests he was coping just fine.

Classic Hiney. Easy to be a genius in hindsight.

TheRam

Coach

That's why Brian Smith was such a great coach from a game plan point of view. He was anything but boring. He would change the way we played depending on who we played. Pity he was such a dick with all the mind games.

I know Bellamy is obviously a great coach, but he's style of coaching is fixed for the whole season and the players rarely change a thing. But what they do do well is pick out each teams weaknesses/players and work them over better then any other team.

And more or less every other coach is to scared to change styles depending on opponents anymore, which makes for a very predictable game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No he doesn’t. He is held accountable for his end of the bargain. Just like the players and administrators are.

Surely we can agree on that?
Him being here after winning a spoon with a roster entirely of his creation is as free ride and as Parra as it gets. This is the club that offer 3 year deals for blokes like Mannah and Taka and 2 year deals for park footballers like Will Smith.

TheRam

Coach
I’m booked in to have a few ribs removed next week.

I had it done a couple of years ago mate and after my first post-op pleasuring sesh, I thought what the F was I thinking? I should of done this decades ago. I would never of spoken to another woman ever again.

Haven't spoken to one since. They are dead to me.