What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
I've noticed you guys are still shit. What happened?
Thank you for your interest in the Wests Tigers....
Unfortunately we are still shit, but there are signs of improvement. We have only one two games, but one of them hardly counts because its against a team that has only won one more game then us so is by definition also shit.

In player development news, last year the Tigers debuted Jahream Bula the runner up for rookie of the year......and signed him to his top 30 contract the week BEFORE he debuted. This year, the Tigers signed Lachlan Galvin to a three year top 30 Contract....before he debuted.

Avenger

Immortal
Unfortunately we are still shit, but there are signs of improvement. We have only one two games, but one of them hardly counts because its against a team that has only won one more game then us so is by definition also shit.

In player development news, last year the Tigers debuted Jahream Bula the runner up for rookie of the year......and signed him to his top 30 contract the week BEFORE he debuted. This year, the Tigers signed Lachlan Galvin to a three year top 30 Contract....before he debuted.
You are not triggering me with that stuff buddy. I don't rate Blaize or Sanders. Both can't tackle. So, again, Why are you still shit?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Allowing other clubs the opportunity to sign him is good business? Good business (assuming the club wants to keep him) would be to lock him in on a future Contract, not rely on a PO which according to you the club knew was lowballing him....delivering him to the negotiating table of other clubs.....might be good business at Kellyville.
The alternative was overpaying him. Honestly, you're better off letting greedy youngsters go.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

We also signed Talagi to a top thirty contract before he debuted, but we couldn't guarantee him a starting spot this year or next because we had better players in front of him.

Tiger5150

Bench
You are not triggering me with that stuff buddy. I don't rate Blaize or Sanders. Both can't tackle. So, again, Why are you still shit?
Man....its long story....where to start?

I obviously couldnt give a rats about Talagi, Tigers wont be buying him, but I couldnt read merkins here trying to paddle that its GOOD business to lowball a junior and drive him to the negotiating table of other clubs rather than lock him without challenge. Its not good business unless they are trying to get rid of him.

I hear Gus knows a good Chinese restaurant and it isnt the Tingha.....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Man....its long story....where to start?

I obviously couldnt give a rats about Talagi, Tigers wont be buying him, but I couldnt read merkins here trying to paddle that its GOOD business to lowball a junior and drive him to the negotiating table of other clubs rather than lock him without challenge. Its not good business unless they are trying to get rid of him.

I hear Gus knows a good Chinese restaurant and it isnt the Tingha.....
We offer them what they're worth. If they want to stay they take it, like Brown and Penisini. If other clubs offer overs they are free to leave.

Tiger5150

Bench
The alternative was overpaying him. Honestly, you're better off letting greedy youngsters go.
Hang on.....didnt you just say that the club knew the PO was lowballing him? If so, wouldnt an alternative be paying him what he is worth (ie not lowballing him) on a new Contract?

The only way what Parra has done is good business is if they are trying to push him out.

Soto

Bench
The sky isn’t falling in if Blaize Talagi goes elsewhere. In fact I’d much rather he walks than pay him through the nose because other clubs are sniffing around.

I’m not sure where he fits in a full strength side next year with Lomax joining.
As long as we sign another centre and fullback then he can go. He's not a half...
The comparisons made to Dylan Brown are not even close. He's done 2 good things so far. Cracking try against Moanly and hoisted a massive bomb against the Tigers.
Apart from that he's been placid, tentative and looked off the pace.
If I compare him to Galvin, then the differences are stark. Galvin is confident, goes after the game, commands the ball.
Hate to be mean but honestly Talagi has been a passenger...
I just hope it's early nerves and I do see a very good player ahead but you want first grade money you also need to show you are worthy of it

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hang on.....didnt you just say that the club knew the PO was lowballing him?
When did I say that? The club wanted to sign him for this year to get a better look at him, and the players wanted a PO to protect himself in case he got badly broken. I don’t think either side expected the PO to be taken up. It was just to get the deal over the line (from our perspective) and protect the player in a disaster scenario (from his perspective).

But what we didn’t need was a PO worth so much that he would take it over any other realistic offer. That would mean we were overpaying. It could’ve meant missing out on Lomax.
If so, wouldnt an alternative be paying him what he is worth (ie not lowballing him) on a new Contract?

The only way what Parra has done is good business is if they are trying to push him out.
Good business just means not overpaying. Nobody ever got in cap trouble by missing out on a player, but plenty did by overpaying for stars, regular first graders or promising juniors. You’d know all about that.