What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Little blokes need support from their team mates, especially in defence. When the rest of the defensive line is struggling your halves will get isolated often. Isolated halves miss plenty of tackles. Two time premiership winner James Maloney missed 10 tackles in round 2. It happens.

chiefy1

Juniors
Little blokes need support from their team mates, especially in defence. When the rest of the defensive line is struggling your halves will get isolated often. Isolated halves miss plenty of tackles. Two time premiership winner James Maloney missed 10 tackles in round 2. It happens.

Maloney has consistently topped the missed tackle averages since chris Sandow retired.
I have no doubt Arthur's influence will make Moses a better defensive player.

Moses had a shocker yesterday. But so did the whole team and he wasn't any worse than the others. If I know I'm leaving a job and I have 2 weeks notice left I'd be cruising as well. Especially if the place I was working for promised a pay rise and then withdrew. The tigers club are a mess, the quicker Moses gets out of there the better.

Kornstar

Coach
In the case of Moses as well, if you are asked a question say "You're either on the bus or you're not?" and you choose not and then ask for repeated releases and then they didn't like that answer and play hard ball.........how much effort would you put in?

strider

Post Whore
If moses was getting steamrolled by big dudes i wouldnt be concerned cos he would be putting his body into it - but it wasnt just that - he was shirt grabbing all over the place

People bag the poo out of kaysa missing tackles - kaysa is in the middle getting trampled by big merkins - he puts his body into it, he just isnt big enough .... but moses, hmmmmmmm

Noise

Coach
Maloney has consistently topped the missed tackle averages since chris Sandow retired.
I have no doubt Arthur's influence will make Moses a better defensive player.

I hope Arthur does a better job with Moses defence than he did with Sandow's

strider

Post Whore
In the case of Moses as well, if you are asked a question say "You're either on the bus or you're not?" and you choose not and then ask for repeated releases and then they didn't like that answer and play hard ball.........how much effort would you put in?
Yeah ... lets hope thats all it is

But also, i reckon the best players would always put in ... they are the best cos they take pride in their own performance

Bazal

Post Whore
If moses was getting steamrolled by big dudes i wouldnt be concerned cos he would be putting his body into it - but it wasnt just that - he was shirt grabbing all over the place

People bag the poo out of kaysa missing tackles - kaysa is in the middle getting trampled by big merkins - he puts his body into it, he just isnt big enough .... but moses, hmmmmmmm

Moses is never going to be a great defender.

But you can't hide a spot defender in a side with about six of them like the Tigers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He was made to attempt 30 tackles. That means other defenders weren't doing their job. Why should he put his body on the line for a team he doesn't want to be at, when others obviously aren't doing it either?

Noise

Coach
He was made to attempt 30 tackles. That means other defenders weren't doing their job. Why should he put his body on the line for a team he doesn't want to be at, when others obviously aren't doing it either?

Weren't we all absolutely giving it to Sandow for doing the exact same thing for us a couple of years ago when he phoned it in against the Bulldogs when he didn't want to be here? I'm seeing way too many similarities with Moses.

Kornstar

Coach
Yeah ... lets hope thats all it is

But also, i reckon the best players would always put in ... they are the best cos they take pride in their own performance

I agree about pride, but everyone handles adversity differently.

I don't know whether he'll be any good for us but i also think he is a much better player than what is currently on display.

Johnny88

Juniors
Just on Moses , Hooper on triple m said just now that Cleary said to Moses 2 weeks ago you will be at Parra this week for there game v roosters. Then a week later said sorry but we need you this week v Souths. So it seems he is being stuffed around mabe that's why he was so shitty last night.

Chipmunk

Coach
What showed to me last night was the lack of mental capacity to put in for his team mates despite his predicament.... the old adage of " poor kid doesn't want to be there" excuse just doesn't sit well with me given that we're paying him marquee coin to represent our club... I got from being relatively excited to being really concerned in 80 minutes last night...

I fear this could be a sandow situation all over again and if it is it will cost BA his job.

I think there is very much similarities to the Sandclown purchase. I also have an issue with the fact that we're going to have two halves that both struggle with game management abilities.

Noise

Coach
No, I think there's plenty of risk in the signing.

For sure. And the risks are eerily similar to the Sandow signing:

Signed to Parra at age 22 on big money as a marquee signing, who's previous club's fans couldn't wait to see the back of. A smaller goal kicking half who is a shit defender and has questionable game management. Has never played semi-final football and is inconsistent at best and only good when playing against a retreating defensive line.

I could be talking about either Moses or Sandow

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Weren't we all absolutely giving it to Sandow for doing the exact same thing for us a couple of years ago when he phoned it in against the Bulldogs when he didn't want to be here? I'm seeing way too many similarities with Moses.
There's a big difference between Sandow's last game and Moses' game last night. Moses made 21 tackles. Against the Bulldogs in 2015 Chris Sandow only attempted 12 tackles (and missed half of them).

In fact, only once in 2015 did Sandow make 20 tackles (in round one). Moses has made 20+ tackles two weeks in a row. His mates are leaving him posted, and the fact he's asked for a release would be a big part of that.

Noise

Coach
There's a big difference between Sandow's last game and Moses' game last night. Moses made 21 tackles. Against the Bulldogs in 2015 Chris Sandow only attempted 12 tackles (and missed half of them).

In fact, only once in 2015 did Sandow make 20 tackles (in round one). Moses has made 20+ tackles two weeks in a row. His mates are leaving him posted, and the fact he's asked for a release would be a big part of that.

I've got Moses with 17 tackles and missed 7 form last night. Still more than Sandow's last game but not the 20 plus you are talking about