What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
DNyDDOqUIAAL8JT.jpg

305187-wayne-bennett-and-john-grant.jpg

Who cares. Brisbane are finals pests. Sure they get there but since when have they done anything meaningfull in the finals. Honestly with there money and power its embarrasing not to win it atleast every 6 yrs imo. There a bit of a laughing joke nowdays. And they have little chance next season too.

hindy111

Post Whore
On Hayne.
This is how I see it. Haynes manager rings around.
Parra who arent interested say well lets play this guy a little. Sure we are interested and throw a few bones. Then when things heat up leak it to media only to offer him a shit deal. He is made to look stupid and Eels pay him back for dishing on the club in 2016 saying no offer was made and hadnt worked for a month.
Just do not see eels wanting him. I reckon maybe management just playing a bit of a business lesson and tarnishing his name.

On Hayne.
Parra who arent interested say well lets play this guy a little. Sure we are interested and throw a few bones. Then when things heat up leak it to media only to offer him a shit deal. He is made to look stupid and Eels pay him back for dishing on the club in 2016 saying no offer was made and hadnt worked for a month.
Just do not see eels wanting him. I reckon maybe management just playing a bit of a business lesson and tarnishing his name.
I would hope our management is more professional than that. And I reckon they are. I get the sentiment but I think the interest from us is genuine. Hayne is probably coming home.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not sure.......
He dished on our club. He said was no offer. Wouldnt suprise if we played him at his own game.
But yes at 400k he is a steal.

Bandwagon

Staff member
On Hayne.

I would truly hope that our management would not even contemplate something so petty.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
On Hayne.
This one's in the 15%.

Glenneel

Bench
I think it will depend on how long Guth is on the sidelines. If it’s a game or two then you’re probably right. Anything more though, I’d want to get off to as strong a start as possible. For mine, that means

1. Hayne
2. French
3. Taka
4. Jennings
5. Auva’a
Not sure Hayne has the work ethic for fullback these days. But if Hayne does come back we'll have a very good backline, and if Semi returns it'll be dynamite, but only IF we have a couple of big boppers up front creating room for them to work. How would this be for a backline?
  1. Gutho
  2. French
  3. Jenko
  4. Hayne
  5. Semi
  6. Norman
  7. Moses
A backline of that reminds me of the backline we had in the 80s. Back then we always had big boppers up front punching out the metres and played in 5 gfs and won 4 in 6 years.

Glenneel

Bench
The thing about incentives is that they don't really protect the club's cap position because they are included under the cap if they are expected to be achieved in that season.

Hayne played 17 NRL games and represented NSW this year, so if the incentives in his contract included number of NRL games or getting picked for Origin then they would be included under the cap even if he didn't end up achieving them. We would obviously be off the hook for the actual money in that case (i.e. we wouldn't have to pay it), but we would still be stuck spending the cap space.
Pou, I would assume Club has factored in the potential bonus payments in current years cap, unless they are paid the following year. To me bonus payments protects the club from paying for sub standard performance plus encourages player to perform unless completely unmotivated. If so best to piss them off completely.

84 Baby

Referee
Not sure Hayne has the work ethic for fullback these days. But if Hayne does come back we'll have a very good backline, and if Semi returns it'll be dynamite, but only IF we have a couple of big boppers up front creating room for them to work. How would this be for a backline?
  1. Gutho
  2. French
  3. Jenko
  4. Hayne
  5. Semi
  6. Norman
  7. Moses
A backline of that reminds me of the backline we had in the 80s. Back then we always had big boppers up front punching out the metres and played in 5 gfs and won 4 in 6 years.
You do know we’re no longer in the 80s? Or should I say opponents are no longer in the 80s?