What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

El Diablo

Post Whore
Sounds like the quality level of player BA likes to have around.

FMD...How about some players with Leadership...

L
E
A
D
E
R
S
H
I
P

Leadership...

Ryan Matterson is going to add f**k all it.
no player in their right mind would want to play under Arthur so it's impossible to sign quality players

WHICH rugby league media personality has applied for the football general manager’s job at the Parramatta Eels to run junior pathways, high performance, player welfare and the salary cap among other chores. One hint, he used to play a bit of first grade.

careful don't give it all away
ex first grade player that narrows it down a lot

Chipmunk

Coach
So was it a mistake letting him go?
Davis
Paulo
Matterson.
What is it with this desire to get ex Eels home?

If we hadn't signed Lane I'd say Matterson would be a decent signing. But how many non Top 17 level quality players does a wooden spoon club really want and need?

We've got an entire squad of players who are player 16-21 level in a decent sqaud.

Someone remind me. Was TPJ a Newie jnr or was it Tapine. There was a player swap somewhere in the past involving those two

Yes it was TPJ was originally a Newcastle junior & played locally growing up there..

Payne Hass was also another Newcastle junior played for Valo growing up..

Tapine was purchased from Nz bye the Knights at 17yo so not really a Newcastle kid.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If we hadn't signed Lane I'd say Matterson would be a decent signing. But how many non Top 17 level quality players does a wooden spoon club really want and need?

For got an entire squad of players who are player 18-21 level in a decent sqaud.

Ok, serious discussion, who do we sign then based on players that may be available? And who should we have signed that have changed clubs? And within consideration of the salary cap.

We can’t just sign anyone. I agree we need another leader, just not sure who is available. I wouId be keeping Norman (obviously we don’t know what his off field issues are) but letting Jennings go, with us paying up to $300k to move him (assuming he is on the $800k that is rumoured).

Chipmunk

Coach
Ok, serious discussion, who do we sign then based on players that may be available? And who should we have signed that have changed clubs? And within consideration of the salary cap.

We can’t just sign anyone. I agree we need another leader, just not sure who is available. I wouId be keeping Norman (obviously we don’t know what his off field issues are) but letting Jennings go, with us paying up to $300k to move him (assuming he is on the $800k that is rumoured).

Firsly....every player in the NRL is available. Players under contract are only at their current club until some club is prepared to provide them a better deal.

Both Watmough and Scott were under contract when they signed here.

Latest posts