What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I think Dylan Brown is a right footer though. And a bloke who has never played first grade is a prime candidate for being developed on a different side.

Brown has played both sides. Left in Matts. Right side first year of SG Ball, left side first year of 20's, right second year of 20's, right in his 4 games of ISP.

I'd say he's a right side player.

T.S Quint

Coach
Was ok in its day with due respect to JE. We need to change to support our new era. Create dynamic crowd involvment. As I said we need an Anthem that invigorates and inspires. I would have thought it was a no brainer. This is Parramatta though.

Yes, you’re right we need to modernise.
Unlike South Sydney, who for some reason keep making the Finals, won a premiership and have the highest amount of signed up members in nsw even though they still run out onto the field to ‘Glory, Glory to South Sydney’.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yes, you’re right we need to modernise.
Unlike South Sydney, who for some reason keep making the Finals, won a premiership and have the highest amount of signed up members in nsw even though they still run out onto the field to ‘Glory, Glory to South Sydney’.
Just an opinion mate. "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" is an anthem and inspiring. But hey if you love click go the shears more power to you. Personally I reckon its as boring as bat sh*t. JEs effort is better but we can do better.

Dibs

Bench
Just an opinion mate. "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" is an anthem and inspiring. But hey if you love click go the shears more power to you. Personally I reckon its as boring as bat sh*t. JEs effort is better but we can do better.
I would think there are more important issues then what the song is (doesn’t mean you are wrong) or what the jersey is or any other aesthetic problems people think we have. In fact I reckon if Bernie come out and said I’ve modernized the team song people would bag him out for not concentrating on the more important issues.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I would think there are more important issues then what the song is (doesn’t mean you are wrong) or what the jersey is or any other aesthetic problems people think we have. In fact I reckon if Bernie come out and said I’ve modernized the team song people would bag him out for not concentrating on the more important issues.
What do they say "you can please some of the people some of the time " etc. I would have thought a top notch CEO could manage a few jobs at the same time. Maybe not.
"Click go the shears boys, click, click, click".

Bolgeel

Juniors
a bit premature I would think
Pretty sure the squad can be changed prior to pre season, I would imagine the dogs named Klemmer? What’s his chance of staying though..
That would mean if mennings or others are traded then the squad could look different

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/11/02/2019-football-staff-update/

2019 football staff update

The Parramatta Eels has added to the structure of the football department and appointed new staff for the upcoming 2019 season.

Michael Potter:
The Parramatta Eels Club is pleased to announce that former Newcastle Knights Assistant Coach, Mick Potter, has joined the Club as an NRL Development Coach. Mick will work alongside existing NRL Assistant Coaches, Steve Murphy and David Kidwell, under the direction of Head Coach, Brad Arthur.

Parramatta Eels Club CEO Bernie Gurr said, "We are very pleased to welcome Mick to the Eels; Mick's extensive coaching experience will be a valuable asset to Brad and our team."

Junior Representative Program:
In addition, the Club has strengthened its commitment to being a Development Club with two new full time positions being added to our Junior Representative Program, which comprises of our Jersey Flegg team (Under 20), SG Ball team (Under 18), Harold Matthews team (Under 16), Tarsha Gale (Under 18 Girls) & our Eels Academy teams. Joey Grima has been appointed as the the Elite Pathways Coaching Director and Elliott Taylor will be the Elite Pathways Strength and Conditioning Coordinator.

Having dedicated full time resources for the Parramatta Eels Junior Representative Program ensures a consistency of philosophy across the entire Club.

Bernie Gurr added, "Over the next few years we plan to increase the percentage of Players in our NRL squad who graduate from our Junior Representative Program and the best way to do that is to invest in quality people to contribute to our elite pathways system."

"Joey Grima is an outstanding person to lead the coaching component of our Junior Representative Program and will work with Head Coach, Brad Arthur, to ensure that consistency of football approach across all grades within our Club. Elliott Taylor will manage the physical preparation of our Players in the Junior Representative Program, working under the overall direction of our NRL Head of Performance, Lachlan Wilmot."

Wentworthville Magpies Coach:
Robert "Rip" Taylor has been appointed as the new 2019 coach of the Wentworthville Magpies 2nd Grade ISP team, a joint venture between the Parramatta Eels and the Wentworthville Magpies. Rip coached the Wyong Roos ISP team in 2018 and takes over from Nathan Cayless who has accepted an Assistant Coach role with the New Zealand Warriors.

Other Football Department Staff appointments:

• Scott Fraser has been appointed Head Physiotherapist
  • Brendan Inkster is the new Rehabilitation Coach
  • Alex Rooke is the new Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach

T.S Quint

Coach

Of course it’s all subjective.
I kind of like the JE song, no matter how corny it is. Just makes me feel like I’m at a Parra game. We used to have other songs played when the team ran out, but I liked when they brought that one back in.
I really only find it a bit embarrassing when they play the ‘Parra, clap, clap, clap’ bit over the loudspeakers to try and get the crowd involved.

Avenger

Immortal
I like the appointment of Mick Potter but the other two palookas along with Arthur should have been sacked.

emjaycee

Coach
A change to our theme song to something more modern would be great and if it coincided with a new modern stadium, even better. One problem we have though is that "Eels" don't feature in too many rock songs suitable to rev up a 30,000 seat stadium. The Dragons did well to use the Hurricane Katrina inspired "The Saints Are Coming" from U2 for a while, but I imagine the royalties would be a killer.

I have had some lengthy discussions with people in the club regarding improvements to our game day experience in order to attract a younger crowd and these have included music, live bands, fireworks, etc. Who knows what will happen next year.