What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T-Boon

Coach
Sivo prob cost around 250k next season
Semi would cost 750k

You think Semi is only worth just $750?
I would say $1m. He is a big time play maker. He makes line breaks in an era when not many do. He is also an excellent early set hitter upperer. I would not waste him at centre, start him out at fullback and switch Gutherson to centre.

T-Boon

Coach
I think we need a bit of experience up front with Mannah leaving. Anyway, Welch would be a tremendous signing. What he does off the field is exactly what we are looking for.

What does he do off the field? Serious question as I have no idea who Welsh is.

IFR33K

Coach
Did I say he should play in the centres?? The merkin played dummy half for us V the Storms... I say it was too small a sample size to judge him on... Get it done BA....

Seriously though, if he doesn't have the speed or x factor for centre, does he have it for fullback??

No but makes up for it with high work rate and energy

Noise

Coach
What does he do off the field? Serious question as I have no idea who Welsh is.

I have no idea but he seems switched on compared to some of our dumb arses. He's completed a Uni degree in commerce and is currently completing his MBA (was on one of the Fox NRL shows last night). Maybe he can start negotiating TPA's for us???

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon both could play NRL now AMD would not be a noticeable difference between them and say Terepo or Evan's.
Next season most likely both will be equal or potentially better then those 2
So we save on these two boys and have the Coin to sign the most destructive outside back in the world.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon they could do the job, but with Manu, Moeroa, Gower and probably Mannah leaving, we probably need someone else with a bit of experience.

There are some rumours of us being interested in Matt Prior.
He’s still an excellent middle defender, with plenty of experience. Good signing at the right price.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
You think Semi is only worth just $750?
I would say $1m. He is a big time play maker. He makes line breaks in an era when not many do. He is also an excellent early set hitter upperer. I would not waste him at centre, start him out at fullback and switch Gutherson to centre.

I reckon not one club will offer him $1 million under the cap.....he may get it with 3rd party deals but not a straight NRL contract.

Also he aren’t a fullback......there is more to just running to be a fullback......

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I have no idea but he seems switched on compared to some of our dumb arses. He's completed a Uni degree in commerce and is currently completing his MBA (was on one of the Fox NRL shows last night). Maybe he can start negotiating TPA's for us???
Bernies replacement??? We can do a package deal and save money from our cap.

T-Boon

Coach

Nice, I would sign him just for that. Role model.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Did I say he should play in the centres?? The merkin played dummy half for us V the Storms... I say it was too small a sample size to judge him on... Get it done BA....

Seriously though, if he doesn't have the speed or x factor for centre, does he have it for fullback??
He said Gutherson doesn't have the speed or X factor for a centre at his salary.

The reason he is good value at fullback is because we can use his best feature which is his work rate. His support play takes plenty of pressure off his ball runners, which is something we generally don't notice in real time. We'd be more likely to notice it if he wasn't there because we'd all be whinging about 'one out shit up the middle'. And we wouldn't have scored so many tries.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Possibly but he's not saying we don't want him, just that he hasn't heard anything about it. At the end he says, "Of course we'd be interested."
And for a team that already has two expensive outside backs and a glaring deficiency in the middle of our defence I don't see how we could get value out of Radradra.

Latest posts