What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Lanes offloads are not just throwing the ball out the back to wherever it lands.
JFH does do that. Lanes tend to be with more purpose. I'd say Taka has a lot of offloads also but there not in the class of Lanes.
Cartwright is exceptional but the rest of his games ordinary.
Disagree. They are both good at them, JFH is better. I had a look at the 'ineffective offload' stats, ie when he ball just gets thrown out the back and no forward momentum is gained off the back of it.
JFH only had 1 ineffective offload
Lane had 2 ineffective offloads.
Lane had 4 line break assists and JFH had 5.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Comparing offloads in the middle (JFH) with offloads out wide (Lane) is also apples v oranges. In the middle there are more defenders trying to prevent the offload, but fewer defenders behind the attacker covering his support players. Out wide there are usually defenders up in the faces of any potential receivers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He received two years. We offered 1. By all accounts he wanted to stay but we decided 2 years wasn’t in the clubs best interest. We moved him on.
Moving someone on implies letting him go while under contract. We didn't do that. In fact, we didn't even not make him an offer. We made an offer and he took the better one from elsewhere. You don't offer a player a contract of you're moving him on. In fact you might even pay him to leave.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Mean weren’t we happy the club decided to move Ma’u on a year early rather than a year late? We can do better than Lawrence.

Off course we can, but my whole point was, if we signed Arrow (which is probably unlikely), then Lawrence could be a good cheap option for a year as an edge forward, mainly because he is pretty good defensively. As I doubt we could afford to sign Arrow and another top quality edge forward.

strider

Post Whore
Mau was resigned after he won our player of the year. He would have been on far more than 200k

FFS 84 Baby

84 Baby

Referee
I don't reckon Ma'u would've been that cheap. His attack is far too good.
No chance manu was available for under $200k
Mau was resigned after he won our player of the year. He would have been on far more than 200k

FFS 84 Baby
Must be why no one in NRL signed him. Why assume Lawrence then will accept less than $200k if similar pay days are available to him in UK?
And FFS Strider it doesn’t matter how much he WAS on. You don’t have to offer him the same amount