What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eel01s

Bench
Why on earth would we let Schneider go? Still too young for 1st grade. Maybe he was offered a lot by a rival club and we didn't match it?

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I’m trusting the club on the Schneider call. Never seen the kid play, but obviously those in the know rate Mahoney higher. Perfect, let’s move on.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m trusting the club on the Schneider call. Never seen the kid play, but obviously those in the know rate Mahoney higher. Perfect, let’s move on.

Still odd he makes the development squad and then moved on. How did they rate him 9mths ago and change mind without being able to actualy play footy?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Just saw Schneider’s name on a list of departing Eels at the game. Where is he going? I had no idea he was leaving.

Taka and Salmon on that list as well.

no idea but maybe he wants a top 30 contract and we said no, development contract only ...

eels_fan

First Grade
So currently the list of departing players are:

Gower
Evans
Taka
Salmon
W Smith
G Jennings
Davey
Stone?
M Jennings

I’d be also doing what we can to get Fergo to retire and if the warriors may been keen on Alvaro permanently.

That’s a decent amount of our Squad to replace, over 30%.

we need some experience, some speed.

So currently the list of departing players are:

Gower
Evans
Taka
Salmon
W Smith
G Jennings
Davey
Stone?
M Jennings

I’d be also doing what we can to get Fergo to retire and if the warriors may been keen on Alvaro permanently.

That’s a decent amount of our Squad to replace, over 30%.

we need some experience, some speed.

Hearing.....
Taka
Gower
Evans
Salmon
Davey
Smith
Davies
Terepo
Utoikamanu
Field
Heleta
All gone

M Jennings ASADA
G Jennings interest from storm
Alvaro interest from Dragons

Not herd anything regarding
Schneider
Stone

hineyrulz

Post Whore
BA only likes one capable hooker in a squad of 30.
Ot two incapable ones. It's mind boggling how a first grade coach can have so little respect for the dummy alf position. It's like he's slept through the last 17 years of Smiths dominance, a tackling bag that leads the line speed is all he wants. Mahoney had more to his game before he cracked first grade hardly a surprise he isn't the same risk taker he was.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You don’t think a back up hooker is necessary? A young talented one at that?
We have Will Smith and that other park footy player they tried to turned into a 9. And then there is Stone, and Guth we have options everywhere........

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why on earth would we let Schneider go? Still too young for 1st grade. Maybe he was offered a lot by a rival club and we didn't match it?
Possible, but he never seemed very strong when I saw him play. Merkins said he's bulked up this year but it could be that he's just not physical enough to defend in the middle.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Still odd he makes the development squad and then moved on. How did they rate him 9mths ago and change mind without being able to actually play footy?
They observe them at training and run regular physical tests. If you're slow and weak at training you're not suddenly going to become fast and strong when they throw you in first grade.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
They observe them at training and run regular physical tests. If you're slow and weak at training you're not suddenly going to become fast and strong when they throw you in first grade.
Someone around here was saying Schneider would never make it about 12 months ago. Got shot down pretty much, I can't remember who it was.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Just noticed Jarome Luai is off contract in 2021. Wouldn’t mind throwing plenty of coin at him for 2022.

I’d be shopping around both of our wingers as well as there is better use of cap space out there (including within our current top 30).

However, that’s a shitload of the top 30 to replace in an offseason.

hindy111

Post Whore

So they expected a big change in all of this over last 9mths?
I call bullshit and he will be here next season.