What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
w

This is different. We nurtured the little merkin and made him what he is and he went for the money. The pre season has just begun and we all know he is leaving. He can get f**ked now. Like I said if this was European football he’d be hunted down in the car park.
He and anyone else only leave if there’s a net benefit to us. They play max minutes for their spot in roster until development of another player is more important than onfield result. If they try to force a transfer by being shit on field then they can sit out season as well as training because even that would be more beneficial to us than cutting them. That said the club in that scenario will probably see the opportunity to save a buck and just bend over. I remember Skeletor sitting Hodges out for half a season after he signed from Boncos to Rorters.

T-Boon

Coach
The main reason I am happy to see the lump of meat that is our 9 go is that he is Sam Ayoub. I am just going to refer to the players as "gold digging whores" or "lump of meat" or by their agents name. I am happy to see all of our Sam Ayoub's kicked out of the club.

w

This is different. We nurtured the little merkin and made him what he is and he went for the money. The pre season has just begun and we all know he is leaving. He can get f**ked now. Like I said if this was European football he’d be hunted down in the car park.

Well, I'm not 100% sure that the behaviour of European football fans is the standard that we should aspire to. But to each their own I guess ;)

Mahoney averaged 44 tackles a game this season whilst Cleary averaged 18. Do you really think Cleary isn’t at some degree of risk of re-injuring himself despite the lower tackle count? That’s still more tackles than what some bench forwards make and being the halfback he’s going to get big forwards running at him deliberately to tire him out.

Granted, judging these things is not a perfect science. But Mahoney IMO is not remotely in the class of Cleary at the moment (and most hookers have fewer crucial touches than their halfback). It's not just the number of tackles that a guy like Mahoney makes. It's who he is tackling and the lack of rest between consecutive tackles....it's the tiredness that contributes to less than perfect technique and busting yourself.

Avenger

Immortal
Well, I'm not 100% sure that the behaviour of European football fans is the standard that we should aspire to. But to each their own I guess ;)
What I’m talking about Baz is passion. I wouldn’t do anything like that or condone it however the NRL needs to change this shit. It’s stupid and I couldn’t give a f**k if the players are unsettled.

Have the NRL underwrite every contract as through their grants they actually pay the players. That way we can bring in a draft in the off season or a trade window and make it an event like the NFL.

This current system is cannabilising the game.

Lethal

Juniors
Well, this just shows that we need to pay overs to keep players, or hope they are unwanted by other clubs to retain or entice them. Looks like no one is prepared to take even a small paycut.....

I can't blame them really. It must be depressing listening to a clueless, one dimensional bald headed dope of a coach, and captained by an arrogant primadonna with a manbun.
💯 this is 100% accurate and the best post this miserable forum has ever seen.

What I’m talking about Baz is passion. I wouldn’t do anything like that or condone it however the NRL needs to change this shit. It’s stupid and I couldn’t give a f**k if the players are unsettled.

Have the NRL underwrite every contract as through their grants they actually pay the players. That way we can bring in a draft in the off season or a trade window and make it an event like the NFL.

This current system is cannabilising the game.
I get it mate. I just reckon that by March next year when people have had time to take a deep breath and think about how we want 2022 to progress, that we'd prefer Reed to be on our roster. He won't save us much on the 2022 cap if he's not.

Avenger

Immortal
I get it mate. I just reckon that by March next year when people have had time to take a deep breath and think about how we want 2022 to progress, that we'd prefer Reed to be on our roster. He won't save us much on the 2022 cap if he's not.
Anyone who is leaving is still not allowed to sing the team song. Just shut the f**k up.

Chipmunk

Coach
Has a team ever had 3 of its top 17 players sign with rivals over 12 months prior all at once? It could potentially be 4 with Paulo. They already have a foot out the door and some of them haven’t even begun pre season.
It's a difficult situation that is for sure. I don't buy this 'they're all professionals' bullshit, they're also human beings, who play in a sport where the difference between being great and not so great is primarily mental. It has to play on the back of players minds that another club values them far more highly than their current club. Even if that is only a few percent to their mental capacity, it still only takes a few percent to be off your game and it can matter. By seasons end the Storm had at least 3 players signed elsewhere for the following seasons, and for whatever reason went from Premiership favourites to a team that just wasn't up to it in the end, and that was only for a few rounds and the finals. It may not have been the only factor, but it had to be a factor in their drop in form.

It will be a difficult scenario if 4 players are signed elsewhere for the following season. The Dolphins haven't even signed a player yet.

IFR33K

Coach
Nathan Cleary had the exact same injury. Do you think his value will have gone down?

Yep. It’s a contact sport, highly unlikely a player won’t pick up a season ending or long term injury. If we offered 3 years @500k PA, I doubt we had any concerns about his shoulder.

Chipmunk

Coach
Penrith lost Capewell,Burton, Kikau,Momorski,May so that is 5.
Only 1 of those played the entire season knowing they would be at a different club the next season. Capewell for part of the season. The last two it appeared had ever intention of being there this season, but in reality, both were fringe players.

Not every 9 plays 80 minutes nor do they all make 50 tackles. And it isn’t unheard of for a half to make 20-30 tackles a game.

Sure. But you can't hide them like you can a halfback (and I'm not suggesting that you can completely hide a halfback...you can't). It's a question of odds. A bloke like Reed will make twice as many tackles in a game as his halfback. Doesn't mean that he is certain to get injured than a halfback with a shoulder injury. But it makes it more likely. And if you completely ignore that as a manager, in the long run you fail.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Has a team ever had 3 of its top 17 players sign with rivals over 12 months prior all at once? It could potentially be 4 with Paulo. They already have a foot out the door and some of them haven’t even begun pre season.
Um… Pay, McCracken, Dymock, Smith :D

Avenger

Immortal
Is that pre Cotric or after?
If there is any justice Gus Gould will not win a comp under his
reign just like he didn’t at the Panthers.

He is once again going all in and a fire sale will occur again where their players are playing at other clubs whilst they pay half the freight.

He is now propelled as my most hated administrator in the game.

Latest posts