What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep. Ray Stone is no dummy half no matter how many times BA tries. He does not have the passing skills required of a first grade 9. See the final 15 minutes of our semi vs Penrith as exhibit A.

A few photos from training this week. I'm sure that is STONE. I get the feeling BA think he can manufacture him into a hooker.
It is actualy an interesting project if he manages to transform him cause he would be the best defensive hooker in the game hands down. Perhaps this is Ennis at work.stone7.jpgstone4.jpg

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe. But he’s not a 9, and it still constitutes as a brain fart

He sure isn't. If he learned to pass, read game and the odd dart from there he would however be fun to have for 60mins.
The thing with STONE is he hits like a brick. Imagine an attacker copping 3 or 4 bruisers by him. It takes the sting out of them. Rheeds obviously superior in every single thing then Stone bar defense. He isn't going to hurt you.

I have been saying this for a long time about forwards and it's that attack is only one side. There defense is what rattles guys.
Why RCG is valuable. He takes the wind out of them. Having powder puffs who just wrestle them to the ground does nothing to sap their energy. You needs guys that bash in defense.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Liddle goes ok, but has had a few injury concerns. This year is the first time he has played 20 games in a season in 6 years since he debuted in 2016.

Pretty decent size for a dummy half too.

For the right price wouId be a decent option but is a risk with his history of injuries.

84 Baby

Referee
Liddle doesn’t get us any closer to premiership than Rein does.
Robson I haven’t seen enough of but I think it’s safe to lump him in same boat.
Korisau does but he’ll want at least as much as Mahoney (somewhat more warranted)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Liddle doesn’t get us any closer to premiership than Rein does.
Robson I haven’t seen enough of but I think it’s safe to lump him in same boat.
Korisau does but he’ll want at least as much as Mahoney (somewhat more warranted)
They are all good decent options.

But Robson is very good, potentially better then Mahoney. We lose nothing with him. If we picked him up for less or similar amount then what we offered Mahoney, we are winners in this hooker shit show …..

also factor in the sides Liddle / Robson are playing in (bottom 4)….just playing in our side will make them better…

hineyrulz

Post Whore
One minute: "It's not Stone's fault he f**ked up at dummy half 3 times in the last 15min against Penrith, he's not a 9. We would have won with Mahoney"

Next minute: "Mahoney's gone and not worth the money, we could use Stone as dummy half"
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

T-Boon

Coach
The 1 advantage of having Stone over Mahoney would be goal line defence. While he tried bloody hard and gave his all, Reed get's run over a bit due to his size
Also as far as we know Stone isn't managed by Ayoub where as Money bags Mahoney definitely is.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think the Raiders are willing to chip in much at all. That was the sticking point on whether he was going to join the Tigers in 2022. Raiders weren't prepared to pay a significant portion of his salary. I doubt they'd be willing to do any different for a stronger club such as ours.

I get where you're coming from though. An experienced, old head in a key position might just make all the difference. But to be frank, Moses, Gutho and Junior all have significant NRL experience now and should be all the old heads we need. It's time for them to step up now.
Gutherson and Moses are both starting to hit that genuine senior player phase of their careers. Paulo is there already.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They appeared to have delusions that Mahoney was going to stay with his current employer for considerably less than what is current market value was.
Did they though? Once they realised the Bulldogs were willing to offer significantly more I'm sure they weren't surprised at the outcome.

The only real surprise is that there are fans who think we should match any offer from any other club no matter how poorly they manage their own cap.
The clubs original offer to both Papali''i and Mahoney was around the same amount that they're supposedly paying Shaun Lane. In my opinion they are delusional if they think that is an appropriate remuneration for those two players should be the same as Shaun Lane.
We don't know how much any of these offers are/were for. If you're going to speculate, at least have the decency not to throw around accusations based on it.

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Don’t know why the players are signing so early this year especially with a new team coming you’s think they wait till the middle of next year or at least February way to early to have 3players already signed else where
Looks to me, and the whole of civilisation except this forum . . . that they couldn't wait to get out of there.
Also rhyno, a tip for you at no charge. Don't go using the word "you's" here, or avenger will be very cross with you. Ironic, because it was made famous by one of your ex-players. A bloke by the name of Jeff that used to play for youse.