What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Cloeel

Juniors
Is it me or is there some people on here that are so unrealistic they feel the clubs never made one poor choice or wrong decision. Like WAQA for example. And Papali'i. I mean I've heard and it could be false but I heard he wanted to extend after about 10 games for a lot less then what the Tigers signed him for and we wanted to wait till end of the year.
We are doing good things as a club. But we also have made f**k ups. Some fans don't want to acknowledge the reality of it all.

No club is ever going to have a 100% perfect hit rate with decision making. As long as the majority of decisions they make are pushing us in the right direction. There is always room for improvement.

Recently we have been making far more good decisions than bad.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is it me or is there some people on here that are so unrealistic they feel the clubs never made one poor choice or wrong decision. Like WAQA for example. And Papali'i. I mean I've heard and it could be false but I heard he wanted to extend after about 10 games for a lot less then what the Tigers signed him for and we wanted to wait till end of the year.
We are doing good things as a club. But we also have made f**k ups. Some fans don't want to acknowledge the reality of it all.
The reality is that smart clubs play the percentages, so there will always be outliers. The point is to recognise them as outliers and not ‘f**k ups’. It’s a negative way to look at the world. If you throw huge money at everyone with potential you’ll end up like the Broncos of the past five years. Some will pay off but most will ruin your cap. Better to lose the few than overpay for the many.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Losing Papa and Rheed will only be a f**k up if the players we replace them with are duds. We won't know that until September. It's obvious we prioritised our halves. It would have been a major mistake if we lost those players and still couldn't re-sign the ones we wanted to.

hindy111

Post Whore
Losing Papa and Rheed will only be a f**k up if the players we replace them with are duds. We won't know that until September. It's obvious we prioritised our halves. It would have been a major mistake if we lost those players and still couldn't re-sign the ones we wanted to.

Do we have any good juniors in the forward coming thru?
There is Matalele and Larry who I heard have wraps on. Unsure who else and how far off.

I was told 2024 but more like 2025 we will see a few good kids come into the side. But not to expect much this year.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
There is Matalele and Larry who I heard have wraps on. Unsure who else and how far off.

I was told 2024 but more like 2025 we will see a few good kids come into the side. But not to expect much this year.
We don't need them this year. We have one of the the best middle rotations in the comp.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Well that’s good because we already have an entire pack contracted for this year. At this stage we could have Nrown and Matterson coming off the bench ffs

the phantom menace

First Grade
Yes - there's supporting the team, and then there's looking every choice the club makes through rose coloured glasses (or the circular logic of blindly accepting that people in roles must be expert/infallible at at what they do, just because they're in the role).

Latest posts