What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
He carved up in reserve grade did he? He didn’t even play reserve grade or flegg before he got his chance in first grade.
He was then demoted and was ordinary while that old bald dude dominated.

He played 1 game of Flegg in 2020 (COVID ended the season after round 1) and 7 games of reserve grade in 2021 before playing first grade.

Fun fact: he scored 5 tries in those 7 games of reserve grade

Source: rugbyleagueproject.org and nswrl.com.au

IFR33K

Coach
Its a big year for young Jake I reckon.
. BA stating he wants Jake to play NSW regularly this season to continue to learn as a half.
. Captain Rankin continuing to play is a bit of a mystery. Is he there for guidance because if JR plays he runs the show. New 2nds coach so this may change.
. TCT stating Jake trained primarily as a half during pre season yet hes now being discussed as a relief option for Hodgo and also some talk to develop him into an edge forward.
I guess the hierarchy know what they are doing but its a bit confusing. As long as Jake isnt confused who cares I suppose. I wish the kid well and if merited, he get opportunites accordingly.
Its very f'n exciting.

Where’s the talk coming from, about developing him into an edge forward?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And here you are yapping at my ankles again.

barking GIF
Emotion Reaction GIF

Delboy

First Grade
Not sure how anyone can compete with the Tigers these days, after the media hack Brent Read breathlessly announced they have a barbers chair in the COE. That article was some fine in depth reporting, unfortunately it was at the standard we see these days.

emjaycee

Coach
Mitch strikes me as a Norton/Darling Street kinda guy.
Yeah, Nah... Inner West Council doesn't make the top 5 mate.

The majority of the Lebanon-born population in NSW lived in Sydney, in City of Canterbury Bankstown (19,817), Cumberland Council (10,586), Liverpool City (4,175), Bayside Council (2,896) and Strathfield Council (650).
Source

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He carved up in reserve grade did he? He didn’t even play reserve grade or flegg before he got his chance in first grade.
He was then demoted and was ordinary while that old bald dude dominated.
He’s had about a TA per game in 20 reserve grade games. Very good for a teenager.

T-Boon

Coach
He played 1 game of Flegg in 2020 (COVID ended the season after round 1) and 7 games of reserve grade in 2021 before playing first grade.

Fun fact: he scored 5 tries in those 7 games of reserve grade

Source: rugbyleagueproject.org and nswrl.com.au
Are you including the first grade trial game he played in 2021?
That as far as I recall was his first game ever in grade.

gaffer

Juniors
Its a big year for young Jake I reckon.
. BA stating he wants Jake to play NSW regularly this season to continue to learn as a half.
. Captain Rankin continuing to play is a bit of a mystery. Is he there for guidance because if JR plays he runs the show. New 2nds coach so this may change.
. TCT stating Jake trained primarily as a half during pre season yet hes now being discussed as a relief option for Hodgo and also some talk to develop him into an edge forward.
I guess the hierarchy know what they are doing but its a bit confusing. As long as Jake isnt confused who cares I suppose. I wish the kid well and if merited, he get opportunites accordingly.
Its very f'n exciting.
what's he like under the high ball?He could be another Paul Hauff

hindy111

Post Whore
Most 19yld halfbacks would get trampled on so it doesn't matter how great they can attack or kick. First you must be big and strong enough to defend otherwise your won't even have a chance of a career in the NRL.

JA atleast has that. Probably why they persist with him. He has a long long way to go to become any good. But he will be 95kgs. I hope we don't see to much of him in the NRL this season. But I do hope he kicks on and plays well in NSW cup. One thing the kid has is the right attitude