What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well if he is de-registered we'll pick him up for a bargain....................oh wait

eels_fan

First Grade
Saw this on a picture of the front page of RLW. Anyone read the article?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 43

Dibs

Bench
No one gets de-registered for a first drug offence
No one gets de-registered the first time they have a positive test. A bit different from being convicted of a drug offense but I don't think he will be de-registered

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Saw this on a picture of the front page of RLW. Anyone read the article?

His flatmate said that semi didnt want to play last week against cronulla but club officials made him. Says he has a new girlfriend in fiji and he is paying for that by his ex and that the nrl should suspend as he isnt in a good headspace atm and doesn't want or expect him to play tonight.

Gronk

Staff member
not to mention the fact that he may be deregistered by the NRL if he is found guilty

Why ? The NRL have a policy for recreational drugs which is counselling for first strike etc. How is a possession charge any different to a positive drug test ?

A NUMBER of NRL players tested positive for recreational drugs when the league carried out secret off-season testing.
It has been reported players were targeted for testing by the NRL’s independent third party testing agency immediately following their “Mad Monday” post-season celebrations in September.

The NRL’s recreational drugs testing system also demands the identity of all players issued with a first strike be kept secret.
The NRL has previously refused to provide any evidence or statistical data surrounding its illicit drugs testing regime or the number of positive results returned.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...s/news-story/803e99283a56b4f7cbba78d8e921f086

eels_fan

First Grade
Brent Reed just on Triple M

*Foz management submitted paperwork to terminate his contract this afternoon

*the NRL sent the club 300 new pages of evidence and allegations etc on Wednesday, and gave the club until 4pm today to respond to the new info, which the Club complied with.
*the NRL has indicated they will announce final findings tomorrow, which surprises the club given they supplied new evidence only this afternoon
*the club has indicated they will likely take legal proceedings of the outcome is not favourable from what was initially announced
*Norman has agreed to contract value & length with final terms surrounding behavioural clauses just being finalised

strider

Post Whore

*the NRL sent the club 300 new pages of evidence and allegations etc on Wednesday, and gave the club until 4pm today to respond to the new info, which the Club complied with.
*the NRL has indicated they will announce final findings tomorrow, which surprises the club given they supplied new evidence only this afternoon
*the club has indicated they will likely take legal proceedings of the outcome is not favourable from what was initially announced
*Norman has agreed to contract value & length with final terms surrounding behavioural clauses just being finalised

new evidence? ..... f**kin what?????!!!!!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Good update. Cheers mate.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...e/news-story/a2da393da425db3607f9652836abf668

Eels set to make play for Hayne as Kieran Foran requests release
  • The Australian
  • 12:00AM July 9, 2016
Parramatta officials are set to spend the coming week nutting out details of a release for Kieran Foran after the Eels superstar last night officially requested to have his multi-million dollar deal terminated so he could take indefinite leave to focus on his health and family.

Foran, who has been struggling with off-field issues that have blighted his mega-rich move from Manly to the Eels, is ready to take a break from the game in a move likely to create enough salary cap space for Parramatta to retain Corey Norman and pursue Jarryd Hayne.

It is understood the Eels have no plans to stand in Foran’s way, although the finer details of any termination agreement are likely to take time to finalise and involve the input of the NRL.

Regardless, what was hailed as one of the most significant moves in the club’s history has gone stunningly pear-shaped as the Eels face the genuine prospect of severing ties with their former captain and highest-profile and paid player.

Foran, sidelined after undergoing shoulder surgery, has already received a breach notice for failing to fulfil his rehabilitation requirements. That resulted in coach Brad Arthur stripping him of the captaincy and prompted speculation he had fallen out with the man who enticed him to the Eels.

It is understood the pair spoke on Thursday where Foran raised the prospect of taking an indefinite break to get his life in order as he deals with the breakdown of his relationship and alleged gambling problems. There has been speculation that several clubs are circling Foran should he walk out on the Eels, although it is unlikely any of them will take a chance on signing him in the current maelstrom.

However, should Foran get his life in order, he will be in high demand. The Sydney Roosters, Manly and Canterbury have been earmarked as potential destinations, although negotiating a deal with each would require clearing significant hurdles.

Foran, who turns 26 next week, signed a four-year deal with the Eels worth more than $4.5 million, although it is understood the contract contained a clause that catered for increases in the salary cap. It means the final years of the deal could see him earning upwards of $1.5m. However, he has opted to turn his back on the money as he looks to start afresh.

“Right now my health and family are my concerns and I hope that the club and supporters of the Eels respect that,” Foran said in a statement released through his management to the Nine Network.

He added in a text message to his teammates: “Guys I’m sorry that I have had to make this decision. But at this stage of my life, I need my own time to sort out my private matters and I will continue to support u from afar.”

The Eels released a statement yesterday morning — before Foran’s official request arriving at club headquarters — that his health and wellbeing was their primary concern and they would continue to offer all the resources available to aid in his recovery.

The Eels were in position to re-sign Norman and pursue Hayne but Foran’s exit is likely to strengthen their resolve to do both. The club has drafted a three-year deal for Norman which they believe is close to the mark. The finer points are under discussion. Norman must face court charges over drug possession next week but the outcome is not expected to affect the club’s desire to retain the No 6, who has taken up the slack since Foran was suspended.

Hayne’s manager Wayne Beavis denied having any contact with Parramatta about his charge returning to the Eels. Beavis said Hayne had not dismissed returning to rugby league out-of-hand, but he simply was not looking that far ahead.

Other clubs including St George Illawarra and Newcastle have expressed an interest in signing Hayne, although it is understood his preference is to rejoin the Eels should he return to the NRL. “I don’t know his movements about that at this stage,” Beavis said. “That’s a conversation we’re going to have after the Rio Olympics. We have no plan B at this stage.”

Fiji Sevens coach Ben Ryan is expected to drop a couple of players from the squad this weekend. His final Sevens squad for Rio is due to be announced next Friday.

“With Corey, we’re getting a contract ready to sign,” Eels club director Paul Garrard said. “I think we’re probably pretty close to the mark in terms of money. But we just want to get a few of the finer details worked out. Jarryd sometimes comes out and has a run with our team. I don’t think he plays for the money necessarily.”

The Eels’ latest turmoil comes as the club braces for a final decision on the salary cap dramas that have left the club them facing the loss of 12 premiership points.