What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Legal Eel

Juniors
Yep, rather than accept that shit happens and missing too many games from first graders equals too many losses, merkins want someone to blame. The squad is fine. At full strength it could've finished in the top four.
So you are happy with the overall stock of three quarters in our top 30?

now I know you are a flat out troll - even the tct boys know we dropped the ball there!

No, you know we stuffed up there this year, but for the sole sake of trolling people, you will say otherwise…

So you are happy with the overall stock of three quarters in our top 30?

now I know you are a flat out troll - even the tct boys know we dropped the ball there!

No, you know we stuffed up there this year, but for the sole sake of trolling people, you will say otherwise…

I don’t think he’s a troll to be honest. He could be genuinely a person with special needs, very similar to rain man. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. genuinely It’s just nice to see people like @Poupou Escobar give life a go.

you say what you want Poupou…. You say what you want champ.

lucablight

First Grade
B

They have unfortunately off set that with some very perplexing signings this year, regarding the players they have detained….Dads Army in about 3 years, and they only retained them because they paid all of them overs, no club we’re offering more, RCG was basically a Dolphin, until Parra intervened with a better offer, I feel our senior players are most loyal to the $$$$ as opposed to their lower paid mates and club, love or hate the panfers, they are tight and always play for each other, fans and club, I’m afraid we are NOT that team and club!!!!
What was the alternative? If we’d lost them then fans would be up in arms as well. Sometimes it’s best not to overthink it. Look at what Souths did with Adam Reynolds. If they still had him they’d probably still be contending for titles instead of Brisbane. RCG was an origin player this season so I’d say his retention was worth it.

The Predictor

Juniors
We could do with better backups but it doesn’t negate the good things done by the recruitment and retention committee. If we had 2021 Waqa Blake and Haze Dunster we probably wouldn’t be having this conversation.
Understand what you’re saying, but the fact they held us to ransom, I believe is a culture problem, plus we have to start attracting some top liners, and project players, To be honest I don’t think Brad would command the respect of marquees

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou our first 8 loses What merkins were missing to make us not able to win those games?
I'll give you the first eight losses plus 25% more losses at no added cost!

Round 1 (Storm): Dunster, Simonsson, Lane, Matterson, Ofahengaue, Davey, Lussick

Round 2 (Sharks): Lane, Matterson, Ofahengaue, Davey, Lussick

Round 3 (Seagulls): Lane, Matterson, Rodwell, Ofahengaue, Davey, Lussick

Round 5 (Chooks): Loizou, Paulo, Lane, Ofahengaue, Davey, Lussick

Round 8 (Broncos): Blake, Dunster, Ofahengaue, Davey, Lussick

Round 10 (Titans): Blake, Loizou, Campbell-Gillard, Rodwell, Ofahengaue, Lussick

Round 11 (Raiders): Blake, Loizou, Moses, Campbell-Gillard, Doorey, Murchie, Ofahengaue, Lussick

Round 19 (Warriors): Gutherson, Loizou, Drown, Moses, Campbell-Gillard, Greig, Hodgson, Lussick

Round 21 (Cowboys): Sivo, Dunster, Drown, Campbell-Gillard, Greig, Doorey, Hodgson, Lussick

Round 22 (Storm): Sivo, Dunster, Drown, Campbell-Gillard, Doorey, Momoisea, Hodgson, Lane

Last edited:

JokerEel

Coach
We could do with better backups but it doesn’t negate the good things done by the recruitment and retention committee. If we had 2021 Waqa Blake and Haze Dunster we probably wouldn’t be having this conversation.

But we don't have 2021 either of them and we didn't have them in 2022 when we should have been planning ahead

JokerEel

Coach

Round 1 (Storm): Dunster, Simonsson, Lane, Matterson, Ofahengaue, Davey, Lussick

Round 10 (Titans): Blake, Loizou, Campbell-Gillard, Rodwell, Ofahengaue, Lussick

Round 11 (Raiders): Blake, Loizou, Moses, Campbell-Gillard, Doorey, Murchie, Ofahengaue, Lussick

Round 19 (Warriors): Gutherson, Loizou, Drown, Moses, Campbell-Gillard, Greig, Hodgson, Lussick

Round 21 (Cowboys): Sivo, Dunster, Drown, Campbell-Gillard, Greig, Doorey, Hodgson, Lussick

Round 22 (Storm): Sivo, Dunster, Drown, Campbell-Gillard, Doorey, Momoisea, Hodgson, Lane

You can count players not even at the club......... Nice try 😂😂😂 8

First 8 losses no excuse with injuries or suspension.
Dunster blew his knee preseason in 2022 so excluded.
Loiuzou played 1 game in 2021 should not be in the top 30.

lucablight

First Grade
But we don't have 2021 either of them and we didn't have them in 2022 when we should have been planning ahead
I think at full strength we’re fine enough. With the amount of money Blake, Penisini and Gutherson are on I’d say it was always going to be difficult to attract another big money outside back. No one would have known how Dunster would come back next season and whether Blake would get over his demons. Unfortunately, we ended up 0/2 and now we’re in this position.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

By comparison, these merkins were missing for our ten losses last year:

Round 2 (Sharks): Dunster, Russell, Sivo, Matterson, Niukore

Round 6 (Tigers): Blake, Dunster, Russell, Sivo, Paulo, Niukore, Stone

Round 8 (Cowboys): Blake, Dunster, Russell, Sivo, Opacic, Niukore, Stone

Round 10 (Chooks): Blake, Dunster, Russell, Sivo, Niukore, Rodwell, Stone, Rein

Round 14 (Dogs): Dunster, Stone

Round 16 (Rabbits): Dunster, Matterson, Stone

Round 19 (Broncos): Dunster, Opacic, Russell, Perham, Cartwright, Nrown, Rodwell, Stone, Rein

Round 22 (Rabbits): Dunster, Simonsson, Moses, Nrown, Stone

Round QF (Panthers): Dunster, Stone

Round GF (Panthers): Dunster, Opacic, Stone