What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Love that Ricky stormed out of the press conference, livid at with his teams shit performance, our peanut waffles on with incomprehensible nonsense, nobody should show on Friday!!!! or nothing will ever change with place
Fortunately I have a funeral to attend.
Wait! That didnt come out right.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yep. Tells us the ‘effort was there’. We let them run in 54 points. Not only is he dumb he is f**king deluded too.
Maybe a dissenter here but I thought the effort was there. But.
1. We are totally predictable
2. We stagnate and dont move with how the game is changing.
3. Brisbane were excellent.
4. Our roster is withering on the vine.

T.S Quint

Coach
I know what you're talking about (how there used to be separate boards)

I'm unaware of there being separate boards currently.

In fact, I'm fairly sure there isn't - for starters you can't find a reference to a 'Parramatta National Rugby League Club' when searching for some key terms. Further, when delving into the consolidated financial statements for the League's Club (available herre: https://issuu.com/parramattaleagues/docs/parra_annual_report_2022_final ) one notices that the NRL grant of $15mill is included.
I don't normally pay attention to these things, but skimming it now, the football side of things did pretty well (11+mill in sponsorship, 7.5+mill in gate sales and over a mill in merchandise) gaining over 20mill in revenue before the NRL distribution.

note:
That's some $35mill to spend, which surely should allow us to match the Panthers $17mill per year spent on the players (over various teams). To me, that is Jim's job. Get the cash, and let the footy people get the players.

Thank for the info.
Rather interesting.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I would think out Juniors have been pretty decent whomever threw our Ball team together over the years did a decent job.

I doubt many will make it out of Flegg though as our Cup coaching team is diabolical..

It depends who's responsible for the development of those players during the transition between flegg and seniors?..

personally, I'm not quite sure who it is but I dare say it's not Cayless whos role is to just coach reggies.

Might be Nathan Brown or Craig Brennon maybe?

T.S Quint

Coach
Probably both. But not almost 50 points better

With our incredibly poor defence (which has been on display throughout the entire year) and the Broncos stellar attack (also on display all year) I reckon a 44 point difference sounds about right.

If we were at full strength, maybe considerably closer...but still at least 18-20 points worse off.

TheRam

Coach
As you probably know I don't frequent these parts of the world that often anymore ( to the delight of @TheRam ) ... but I had concerns about our squad this year in November last year and the way our GF womens team was dismantled was absolutely disturbing top say the least.

I carry next to no faith in whoever is running the joint now to get us out this mess.

Stagger, I may go off every now and them mate, but I don't wish you or anyone else on this forum to not feel as they can't contribute freely due to my sometimes over the top posts. I just get very passionate and angry at a lifetime of mismanagement and missteps by our clubs hierarchy and when I keep hearing excuses whether they are justified(sometimes) or not I just lose it and respond in the way I feel at the time. Sure sometimes I get a little to cranky, But I never take it to heart. It is just more cathartic and a way to let it out. It is never really personal even if it may be a personal swipe at the time. Just my way of getting my frustration out and also a lot of the time I'm just adding sarcastic humour along the way for entertainment value otherwise with my novella size posts ppl would fall asleep along the way.

Most of us on here have been following our club for decades and nothing really ever changes the needle by much in creating an environment that actually creates strong and sustained quality in our junior development or the people we appoint who can deliver a premiership. We have come close on a couple of occasions, but the people at the time either weren't given enough of the right recourses or for long enough time to do a Storm, Roosters, Broncos and now Panthers.

Even now with a completely new board structure and one I and I'm sure most of us are truly grateful for, we still don't seem to know what makes a successfully sustainable football club and or who to hire to get it done.

Really, how hard is it? I don't buy into the notion that pou keeps trotting out for a second that we just don't have the recourses. For a large whack of the last 37 years we have been one of the most profitable and riches clubs in the State. Sure we have in more recent times lost that and have gotten into trouble financially, but that isn't the case now from what I believe. But again we find ourselves squandering all the resources we have been putting in to the wind with crappy appointments in personnel in the most crucial positions that don't seem to know what they are doing and the results of the last 10 years alone proves this.

Most will say, 'but we have been making the semis and even the GF last year', so I am wrong in my assessment and over reacting, but I say no we never looked like a team that could win it if the other teams that were also contenders played their best footy. We needed a Steven Bradbury moment for it to go our way. I and many others here know that we should be probably the mega super club of Sydney. We have a city all to ourselves and of our name and a massive nursery that we have slowly seen shrink and has lost the status and prestige it once held. Some say the changing demographics has had a large part in that and sure the dem has changed over the decades but that to me is also a great excuse for the inept club officials over the years to trot out and deflect their mismanagement and their lack of ability to pivot and adjust/expand what was/is needed to grow and get stronger in a changing environment.

Our catchment area has what double in population over the last 40 years? Are club officials trying to tell us that with all theses new and extra families that they are all of Asian and or Indian decent and therefore not taking up RL? I say bullocks. Even if the majority of the new families are of non-RL family background areas, there are still tens of thousands of European, Aboriginal and Maori/Islander kids to target and win over. Way more than the poultry 4990 odd we currently have which by the way includes the girls too. RL is the dominant sport in the West, so it shouldn't be so freaking hard to hype it up get way more kids enthused about it and wanting to get involved, and even include Asian and Indian kids eventually, since kids will eventually notice what their other friends are into and doing.

As for you above comments, We agree exactly on this one. Especially about our NRLW squad as I have post a few times already and was told by the ostrich like Gronk and Twizzle that I basically didn't know what I was talking about and that I was going off to early and to hold tight and we will be fine.

Well blind Freddy could see that it was all but over and it wouldn't be fine. 0 and 4 with almost 100 points deficit isn't fine. We are a joke of a club that can allow such a thing to happen in the space of one off season.

Question Staggs, Do you know what exactly happened and who allowed this situation to to happen? I mean we only haVE 4 of the 17 girls that played in the GF last year left and that doesn't include Botille Vette-Welsh who was out with a ACL who is now with the Tigers?

Noise

Coach
With our incredibly poor defence (which has been on display throughout the entire year) and the Broncos stellar attack (also on display all year) I reckon a 44 point difference sounds about right.

If we were at full strength, maybe considerably closer...but still at least 18-20 points worse off.
Well a few months ago we played them in Darwin , we were both full strength and our incredibly poor defence and their stella attack saw us only lose by 10. That is us not giving up.

T.S Quint

Coach
Well a few months ago we played them in Darwin , we were both full strength and our incredibly poor defence and their stella attack saw us only lose by 10. That is us not giving up.

And they were probably having an off night, and us a good night.
If I recall they shot out to a big lead and we narrowed it towards the end. Broncos got a bit comfy and shut off a bit? Like we did in the game against the Dolphins.

In any case, they are a much better side than we are. Our defence is deplorabel and has been all year. Luckily our attack has been good enough to win games.

parra pete

Referee
It amazes me that people can't concede that the Brisbane team that took on the Eels last week is a very good team, full of brilliant players in all positions - players who will be attracting plenty of interest if they ever go on the open market.
In addition, the team scored several brilliant tries on the way to its big win. I don't think the Parramatta team chucked its arse in the corner. They had a go, just not good enough on the night....
I prefer to give them credit, rather than 'bag' blokes who were outplayed. If you're not good enough, you're not good enough....irrespective of how much you want to be!!!

T.S Quint

Coach
Here's the printout of Ram's post if anyone wants the paper copy.

list-amazinggrace.gif

Noise

Coach
If I recall they shot out to a big lead and we narrowed it towards the end. Broncos got a bit comfy and shut off a bit? Like we did in the game against the Dolphins.
Exactly. We didn’t give up in Darwin. We at least fought to the end.
But last week there was only a penalty goal in it after 20 minutes. We were competing. Then they scored a couple. Then we gave up.

T.S Quint

Coach
I mean we only haVE 4 of the 17 girls that played in the GF last year left and that doesn't include Botille Vette-Welsh who was out with a ACL who is now with the Tigers?

You need to get past this.
That team won only one game in the regular season last year and had a differential of -20.
Sure they pulled of a couple of upsets in the Finals, but they were not a good team.

The team this year sucks, but it's not like we dismantled a top-tier team or anything.

TheRam

Coach
I know what you're talking about (how there used to be separate boards)

I'm unaware of there being separate boards currently.

In fact, I'm fairly sure there isn't - for starters you can't find a reference to a 'Parramatta National Rugby League Club' when searching for some key terms. Further, when delving into the consolidated financial statements for the League's Club (available herre: https://issuu.com/parramattaleagues/docs/parra_annual_report_2022_final ) one notices that the NRL grant of $15mill is included.
I don't normally pay attention to these things, but skimming it now, the football side of things did pretty well (11+mill in sponsorship, 7.5+mill in gate sales and over a mill in merchandise) gaining over 20mill in revenue before the NRL distribution.

note:
That's some $35mill to spend, which surely should allow us to match the Panthers $17mill per year spent on the players (over various teams). To me, that is Jim's job. Get the cash, and let the footy people get the players.

Yeah nah mate, we have very little in resources, just ask pou.

JokerEel

Coach
Got bored had a look at our F/A
Us/Winners/Last Place

Our points scored per game has improved with BA but the defense started poor got better now has blown out.

1691989056086.png

JokerEel

Coach
It amazes me that people can't concede that the Brisbane team that took on the Eels last week is a very good team, full of brilliant players in all positions - players who will be attracting plenty of interest if they ever go on the open market.
In addition, the team scored several brilliant tries on the way to its big win. I don't think the Parramatta team chucked its arse in the corner. They had a go, just not good enough on the night....
I prefer to give them credit, rather than 'bag' blokes who were outplayed. If you're not good enough, you're not good enough....irrespective of how much you want to be!!!

Pete I dont think you understand the frustration from the fans on here..

Of course, the Broncos were too good but why have we not gotten any better? why are we getting worse?

Why are we not the team the Broncos are or Panthers? Thats the frustration yeah if we had won a competition in the last 10 years I doubt we would be so pissy but unfortunately we haven't.

Noise

Coach
How much money do the Eels throw into the NRLW team? How much money do the Panthers throw into theirs? Can the Panthers not afford a women’s team? Or are they just prioritizing developing first grade pathways? If we are lacking ‘resources’ why aren’t we doing this also?