What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
What are Steve Murphy's credentials? He has been at our club forever, is rarely mentioned or praised by the players and not much is known about him?11 years as an assistant and no interest in being a head coach?
Listen to the TCT Pod chat with him. I think its 2017. Easy enough to find.

Gazzamatta

Coach
He just looks like a guy who runs the drills to me.

On game day, he is the messenger.

Does anyone think he has a more significant role than that ?
He was the attack coach. Not sure BA ever gave up the reigns but it looked good on his business card.

Barney Hasslet

Juniors
So where is Stefano going next year.

It wont be the Tigers - Madge can hold a grudge and will truly make sure he cant activate that contract extension by playing 2 origins this year.

Just goes to show the real dumb clubs put options & clauses in contracts that it generally backfires.

But hey player options are good business.
Do we have any?

hindy111

Post Whore
People use AMS and R.Pensini as part of the lack of depth along with Dunsters injury.
We knew Haze was shot and simply his position is only an issue if had no top 30 spots. The other 2 where not top 30 so where not going to be considered till rnd 11/12 when eligible. How HIGH are they rated for 2024 if not part of the top 30 or development contract? I'd day they where viewed more as 2025/2026 prospects. Never where in the picture for this season.
We also had known of their injuries prior to the season starting so that's when some depth had to be signed.

I see 3 spots in our backline taken long term with Talagi,Penisni and Lomax. And we still have Guth and Sivo on the books whilst looking to re-sign Simmonson. 2025 the backline looks decent to me. You'd have Simmonson/Blaize or Sivo as a back up along with Russel. That is 2 quality back ups.
And possibly AMS and R.Penisini. Maybe even another junior will pop up from Sg Ball or Flegg.

emjaycee

Coach
We still need to unearth another young half given we lost Sanders... maybe Lynn will become that? Otherwise, we need to go shopping. Asi has his strengths but we cannot rely on him for more than 3 or 4 consecutive games if we lose Moses or Drown during the year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What are Steve Murphy's credentials? He has been at our club forever, is rarely mentioned or praised by the players and not much is known about him?11 years as an assistant and no interest in being a head coach?
He was a touch footy coach and then won a spoon at the Tits, serious I’m not joking.

Bea really reached for the stars when he hired him.

eels_fan

First Grade
We still need to unearth another young half given we lost Sanders... maybe Lynn will become that? Otherwise, we need to go shopping. Asi has his strengths but we cannot rely on him for more than 3 or 4 consecutive games if we lose Moses or Drown during the year.
If we lose Boods we'll also need a back up 9. .Hands can't play 80 forever and Lussick just cannot be the answer long term

Zoso

Juniors
If we lose Boods we'll also need a back up 9. .Hands can't play 80 forever and Lussick just cannot be the answer long term
I’ve never seen him play.
Anyone think he could handle 20-30 minutes of NRL yet (putting aside the effect it would have on forward bench rotation)?

strider

Post Whore
Based on that footage of Matterson after he picked up what looked like a feather touch to the noggin against the Broncos, I can't see how he plays again from here on. It reminded me a lot of one of the "hits" Cordner copped at the tailend of his career before calling it a day. Completely innocuous. It would almost be at the stage where the club/NRL would make him sign an agreement that he can't claim damages at a future date of he chooses to play on from here....
I hadnt realised one of the "reasons" he bailed on the Tigers to come to us was that he didnt like how they dealt with his head knock injury(s?) .... was in a media article the other day.