What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
Will you be joining the gathering in the concourse or did you stomp down to Kellyville Park and ceremonially tear up your season ticket?
The only effective way of sending a message is not going to the next away game and then turning your back on teh foxtel/kayo in the 86th minute (representing the last premiership). Let them know!!!

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Will you be joining the gathering in the concourse or did you stomp down to Kellyville Park and ceremonially tear up your season ticket?
I tore up my season ticket many years ago....when a plumber and a couple of dopes took over the club......it seems i was right and the downfall started from there.

EelEtric

Juniors
We are in the perfect position to be issuing ultimatums. It’s a new coach coming in and coming dead last is the perfect time to let people go who can’t be assed giving their all to the club.

also the letting BA go is a brain dead take in this situation when he wasn’t the one that signed the players. He coached the team that recruitment and retention gave him
I think Recruitment and Retention gave him the team he asked for, so he could coach them.

eels4life87

Juniors
I think Recruitment and Retention gave him the team he asked for, so he could coach them.

““When Michael Jennings got stood down at the end of last year, I remember talking to Brad Arthur at the time. I said ‘who are you going to get as your centre?’ and he said ‘that’s a good question, you should ask Mark O’Neill.’l

DaveMc

Juniors
BA and the Nepotism around the Arthur clan has caused a lot of angst in the juniors for a long time.

I don't think a lot of juniors feel loved by the club when coming through and especially the past 5 years or so I get the feeling there has been a lot resentment towards the Rhinos and supposed favouritism given to Arthur clan with other juniors in the area from other clubs.

Like look at what Jake copped on here you reckon they weren't all saying it at junior league rep try-outs as well seeing the Arthur's come through getting a leg up through the door as they came through the grades. You would be filthy if you were the same age as them and played the same position.

If your a teenager and didn't get on well with Boods for example already your behind the 8-ball getting a foot in the door as BA would back his son over another child.
I don’t want to fall into the post hoc, ergo propter hoc fallacy, but what’s happened after Arthur being sacked seems to have confirmed the nepotism accusations. Matt wanting to piss off immediately goes to show how much “BA loves the club” stuff only held whilst ever he had personal skin in the game - if he gave a shit, he’d have told his son that it was worth sticking around. How is it possible that the only young(ish) batch of local juniors currently playing first grade are Rhinos? It all adds up.

Go and read Prosenzko article he just released on the SMH.

It makes for happy reading.

The club opted against pursing Trei Fuller as a potential replacement for Gutho because the club decided to wait in limbo for 4 months for Blaize to make a decision as the next FB.

It's now August and Blaize has finally made decision after not taking his PO and now guess what Fuller is locked up.

Link to the article -

:(

DaveMc

Juniors
Totally not:

in my opinion it’s O’Neill that needs to go
O’Neil should f**k off too, absolutely. But the best call the club has made in the last five years is pissing Arthur off. It’s just a pity it didn’t happen in 2018.

eels4life87

Juniors
O’Neil should f**k off too, absolutely. But the best call the club has made in the last five years is pissing Arthur off. It’s just a pity it didn’t happen in 2018.
The issue I took with BA being replaced was the way the club went about doing it. If the club decides that it’s time for them to seek a new coach then that’s their prerogative to do so. The knifing in the back was unprofessional and uncalled for. BA should have been allowed to finish up the season

DaveMc

Juniors
I can’t. What is more funny is that our club has refused to waive the 10 day cooling off period and have leaked that they are after Papenhuzen.

Let me break it to everyone. He won’t flip and Papenhuyzen will not come.
We are so f**king amateur it’s laughable.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I can’t. What is more funny is that our club has refused to waive the 10 day cooling off period and have leaked that they are after Papenhuzen.

Let me break it to everyone. He won’t flip and Papenhuyzen will not come.
As if Papenhuyzen will come here.

Storm will find a way to keep them all

The fact Bullflog Ritchie said Papenhuyzen is the target makes it a Trillion to one in my eyes of actually happening.

Just as To'o is coming here

DaveMc

Juniors
The issue I took with BA being replaced was the way the club went about doing it. If the club decides that it’s time for them to seek a new coach then that’s their prerogative to do so. The knifing in the back was unprofessional and uncalled for. BA should have been allowed to finish up the season
Why? The entire bullshit saga about who is coaching would’ve been unresolved until well into the off-season. It would’ve been destabilising.

Arthur is the most tenured coach in our club’s history. If he couldn’t see after a decade that he wasn’t going to jag us a premiership, then he’s slower on the uptake than 99% of Eels fans. And the board, frankly. He should’ve been pissed off halfway through 2018. Mid-2024 gave him an extra six years of head coach salary. His actions since being sacked do not suggest a man who gives a f**k about the club or its fans or players.

Squire

Juniors
Can’t stand that f**kwit Hopper and of course he is full of piss and wind, but f**k me, we are a f**king rabble. I mean, if there wasn’t enough evidence for change from the top to the bottom of the club, it’s certainly there now.
f**k the chairman, ceo and most importantly that dipshit MON off.
As they rightly quoted Jack Gibson, winning starts from the front office. Need a clean out.

Latest posts