What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
You just needed to sack a few dud forwards like Paulo, Matterson
Who is Ryles?
Does any of the current crop of players know him?
Have any of the young'uns even heard of him?
Arthur wasn't the problem
Mate you seriously have NFI if you think Arthur didn't stink this joint up and had left us so fkd. He is the same bloke who presided over this team for 11 yrs and the defence has been horrid for most of it.
He didn't evolve the game plan, barely dropped a player or promoted a player unless it was through necessity through injury or suspension.
May I politely say stay in your lane because you have zero clue or value add to this thread.
You may well be one of his relatives...
Thanks for your input but it's as good as BAs tactics...that's right null and void

Soto

Bench
What the f**k is this video that pops up so that I can't read the posts?

How do I stop it?
Same shit here..click on the X..That gets rid of it.. it's so fkn annoying like some of the posters and special guests who have decided to invade us lately...we don't need then adding to our misery

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just because he has had a beer with BA's dad and a coffee with O'Neill he constantly avoids the elephant in the room yet risks perceived defamation and a restraint of trade by openly creating a topic that we should not deal with Isaac Moses.

He is a delusional nobody and comes across as a f**king idiot.
Refusing to deal with a given manager is a puerile move, cutting our nose off to spite our face. It would just reduce our options in the player market and give more power to the remaining player managers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's OK that you don't understand. If Blaize didn't have a PO he would have still been off contract. Nothing changes.

"Well we should have signed him last year!" doesn't work if his manager tells him to hold out.

Nether does, "well we shouldn't have played him in NRL until he signed !".
I don’t think it’s possible to dumb it down any further.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Talagi decision to leave is yet another step down the road to a return to the bad old days IMO. It's not so much the calibre of player in this case as I'm not convinced Blaize is going to turn out to be the world beater many think, but it's the trend it represents. As I've said previously, there's a couple of posters here that have thumbed their nose and mocked the likes of the Dogs and the Tigers in recent years and put our club on a pedestal. Called us a "Destination Club" - lol, get f**ked. Well it's time to pay the piper. The Dogs have turned the corner, and the Tigers have attracted some decent stock for next year, we'll see what happens with them.
Lomax

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He made Australian school boys last year at only 17. And is now playing Flegg at only 18 (19 next year) at prop, which is impressive/ good sign. Pretty big jump from SG ball to flegg as a forward at only 18 (even more so when he doesn't have islander heritage, don't mean this in a bad way, they just develop physically a lot earlier). Would happen but not super common for 18 year old forwards in flegg
If he’s got that much potential and still available it’s not because his current club hasn’t tried to lock him up earlier. He has a manager in his ear telling him to hold out. They will want a top thirty deal for 2025.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes I totally agree. But it is a little weird that he doesn't seem to be signed up at present which I hope is true. It would allow a smart club to get under their nose and sign him up without to much fuss. Oh wait..
It’s not weird. He is playing Flegg and clubs (and the player’s manager) are trying to decide what he is worth as a future NRL player, and how soon.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah it is, like Buchanan at the dragons. I suspect he/both has a "junior" rep contract. A lot of these promising players are contracted, just search the social media of player managers, they are always posting juniors signed up for 2 or 3 years...obviously most not on NRL contracts...

But I have no idea how a "junior" contract works, compared to an "NRL" contract. Can they be broken easily? Can other clubs talk to them? No sure.
Once they turn 18 they are stuck with whatever contract they sign. That’s why serious poaching doesn’t start until SG Ball. It’s also why player managers are reluctant to allow clubs to lock players down too long. Imagine if Talagi had signed a minimum salary deal through until his last year of Flegg eligibility (2026). Did anyone here think he was going to receive offers above $500k this time last year? His manager knew it was possible, and a long term contract on ~$150k means he would’ve missed out on over half a million dollars by the age of 21. This is why clubs are forced to take the risk locking these merkins down long term. Talagi is probably on minimum salary this year but for them to agree to a longer contract it would’ve had to be for much bigger numbers. Risky for a kid who had never played against adults.

Squire

Juniors
You watch Nick the Greek get his hooks into Moses, and work his slimy charm on him and promise him a few cars under the table.
Especially when Sam Walker signs with the Broncos
I bought a car a few years ago off the Ferrier Hodgson administrator who ran our club during the salary cap mess. I quizzed him heaps about how f**king stupid our club was ( we paid the grounds man $800k on the books but off it was like $100k, the rest went to the players). Don’t quote the figures but it was something like that. Anyway eventually the grounds man gets disgruntled and dobs us in. The Ferrier Hodgson dude said Nick Politis is the best at it as he’s old school. It’s the good old brown paper bag under the table and only he and the player knows.