What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

40% of the tenure finished 11th best defensive team or lower...pretty putrid but facts do help validate how poor overall the defensive record was.
Only 10% top 2 and 30% top 4 where you need to be to challenge for a title.
He needed to go and the less we're reminded of him the better.
His saltiness has now festered to playing personnel.
A real blight on the club...
Good riddance....fraud

Mate, I think you are being quite over the top about the bloke. I understand the frustration. The guy is not a fraud.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I know it’s probably too early, and maybe there is some gardening leave stopping this.

But if I’m a successful club, I’d be reaching out to a Matty Johns to organise a very fluffy, very coach friendly interview they could use to settle the fans. I can tell you as a fan I can’t remember feeling more deflated and I feel like I really need some positivity.

It would be a really smart move by the club to get his brand, his influence and his personality out there.
Ryles won't be talking until our last game is finished for this year is my tip.

Soto

Bench
Mate, I think you are being quite over the top about the bloke. I understand the frustration. The guy is not a fraud.
Each to their own. I think he is and have had that opinion before he got us to the GF. I also know people who have dealt with him over the years ( either coached by or against) and what they have told me is spot on...
No surprises at all and unfortunately the axing was well overdue

Each to their own. I think he is and have had that opinion before he got us to the GF. I also know people who have dealt with him over the years ( either coached by or against) and what they have told me is spot on...
No surprises at all and unfortunately the axing was well overdue

So what exactly do you mean by 'a fraud'?

Pazza

First Grade
He will start negotiating an extension (or jump ship) months before the PO expires.

Also think about this, by Nov 1 2024 brown, penisini and matterson haven't played a single game under Ryles. Their POs allow them to round 10 the following year to make a decision.

Do you think they'd be In a rush???

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tbh, they could have told him he'd play prop, and he'd have signed there.

He's much more likely to win a Premiership at Penrith over the next 3 years, than at Parramatta.
He is 19 years old and from a working class family trying to survive in Sydney. I reckon he didn’t give a f**k about premierships. He has his entire career to worry about that. This decision was about money, and Luai has left a big hole in their salary cap. Whatever cap space we had for 2025 will have been mostly filled by Lomax.

Pazza

First Grade
He is 19 years old and from a working class family trying to survive in Sydney. I reckon he didn’t give a f**k about premierships. He has his entire career to worry about that. This decision was about money, and Luai has left a big hole in their salary cap. Whatever cap space we had for 2025 will have been mostly filled by Lomax.

why didnt he sign with st george

Incorrect

Coach
I thought I saw it reported he signed for less than the latest Eels offer?