What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Why the LOL Chiefy? Maybe I've missed something.
I hope he does well. He obviously wasnt a BA kind of player. Personally Id have picked him every day over Jane Evans. I reckon he absolutely didnt receive a fair go last year.
I think he absolutely was a BA kind of player as his strong suit was effort on effort (BAs catch cry).
The problem was he wasn’t NRL regular standard. Wholehearted but low impact. The opposite of Evans. And when it comes to bench props, impact is very important

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon for our side to be successfully we need these things to happen....

Moses to regain form
D.Brown and Mahoney to continue to improve. There is plenty of room and the ceiling is high on both.

I feel like we know what we will get with Gutherson and our starting pack. And its fairly decent. Certainly good enough.

The backs are good enough. Id argue Blake,Fergo and Sivo all played below par.
We are short a centre but I am sure someone can handle this spot.

That leaves our bench.

Kafusi - Plenty of room for improvement and certain he will.

Niakoure - Cleary our best prop off the interchange. He was missed in the finals. The drop off without him there was too big.

Ray Stone,Evans and Daveys is a horrible bench.

Papali, Cartwright,Nikauore gives you three legit powerfull and skillfull players.

Waiting for the chance will be Kafusi, Hipgrave,Stone,Hughes and Hollis. I would put them in that order. All are young and have potential. Sure beats guys like Alvaro,Gower,Takarangi.

We have 27 spots filled and 26 if MJ gets the hook which is likely.

I feel a 2nd rower is needed and another two backs. I expect a potential quality signing in the backline that will slot into MJ spot along with a solid back up forward. Unsure wherethe other 2 spots come from. My guess is inside the club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think he absolutely was a BA kind of player as his strong suit was effort on effort (BAs catch cry).
The problem was he wasn’t NRL regular standard. Wholehearted but low impact. The opposite of Evans. And when it comes to bench props, impact is very important
I reckon Arthur's loved him, then there was a falling out. He went from playing every week, Thornett medal and re-signed, to completely on the outer.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon Arthur's loved him, then there was a falling out. He went from playing every week, Thornett medal and re-signed, to completely on the outer.

He loved him untill he realised you need bigger and more aggressive forwards.
He was competing against Terepo and Mannah for a starting spot and
Matagi,Vave.Evans,Gower for the bench role.

What a miserable pack of props.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

lucablight

First Grade
He's still an above average attacking player, but there's no position on the field where he defends at NRL level.

He played two games at centre this year and we got carved up in both of them.
Always found him to be an interesting case. Not good enough defensively or fast enough to be a centre and didn’t bend the line enough to be a forward.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So do we go out and sign a centre/back with the Alvaro money?

assuming it’s not huge, maybe around $200-$250k. So it won’t get us much.

So is it a better option to just go with what we have in the backs, use $100k on a cheapie to fill a spot (which has to be filled) - maybe Roache.

Sit on the extra $100k or so (assuming we didn’t top his contract with the dragons) and just want for the Jennings outcome - if he gets off we have a centre, if not we have a bit more cash to get a better back then $200k would....

hindy111

Post Whore
So do we go out and sign a centre/back with the Alvaro money?

assuming it’s not huge, maybe around $200-$250k. So it won’t get us much.

So is it a better option to just go with what we have in the backs, use $100k on a cheapie to fill a spot (which has to be filled) - maybe Roache.

Sit on the extra $100k or so (assuming we didn’t top his contract with the dragons) and just want for the Jennings outcome - if he gets off we have a centre, if not we have a bit more cash to get a better back then $200k would....

Roache is a top 17 Nrl level player. Excellent player. But he is made of plastic. Worse then Kaysa.

Latest posts