What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Gagai is 31 Jan next year. Id sign for maybe the 300k mark.
800k for him is ridiculous. He was never a super star centre. He isnon decline. 350k would be max. My only interest would be this year and next. None at all if it was for 2023.

Eelogical

Referee
Gagai is 31 Jan next year. Id sign for maybe the 300k mark.
800k for him is ridiculous. He was never a super star centre. He isnon decline. 350k would be max. My only interest would be this year and next. None at all if it was for 2023.
Our COE will produce.

https://www.nospam21.com/off-contract-rabbitoh-linked-to-rival-club-2021-nrl-102495/

Dane Gagai anyone

Souths winger Dane Gagai has reportedly been offered to the Parramatta Eels as they try to manage their salary cap.

Gagai, who has played 206 NRL games for the Broncos, Knights and Rabbitohs, declared last week that he is willing to take a pay cut to allow the club to re-sign Reynolds.

However, Channel 9’s Danny Weidler reports that if Adam Reynolds stays at the club, Gagai could still be forced out.

Reynolds’ future has been the centre of speculation, with his agent Steve Gillis declaring last week that unless the Rabbitohs increase their offer to a two or or three-year deal, he will likely depart the club.

SEE ALSO: Zero Tackle MVP Round 3 Votes

GettyImages-930079678.jpg

Weidler said on the Big Sports Breakfast that the Rabbitohs need to relieve salary cap pressure in some way.

“I think that if Reynolds is there, the way Souths have explained it to me, there is no Dane Gagai,” he said.

“If he stays, Dane will be elsewhere and there will be a stack of clubs looking at him. He’s been put to Parramatta. Early indications I’ve been getting, Brad Arthur wasn’t that keen on getting him. He won’t come cheap. He is a quality footballer.

“He may struggle to stay at Souths unless they get some relief in their cap. I did speak to Steve Gillis [Reynolds’ agent] about that and still word is no-one is budging. Sooner rather than later clubs will come knocking and try to sign Adam Reynolds up. I think there is a real stalemate… but Souths are very much against singing older players on longer deals.

“They want Adam Reynolds to do what John Sutton did and go year-by-year. Their belief was if it is good enough for John Sutton it is good enough for Adam Reynolds.”

Cows are flying down to pitch a 3 year to Reynolds - Cows are not looking a very stable club currently and if things don't improve there will be only one result- an interim coach appointed.

TheRam

Coach

And here are some highlights of our new recruit. I like that he has an offload.

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2019/09/26/young-guns-wiremu-greig/

Wiremu Greig (prop): If you want a comparison think Jared Waerea-Hargreaves. This bloke is one right out of the box, a powerhouse who stands at 192cm and weighs a whopping 124kg. “A middle who loves hurting people,” was how it was put to me. An absolute handful when he’s running the ball and possesses a good offload.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/f994be11d51ef70576d0cd014b6ab4de

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/bc0610a3b3871b4279456831b6f13a36

COWBOYS SET TO LOSE RISING STAR TO EELS

Uncapped Cowboys forward Wiremu Greig is set to join the Eels on a two-year deal that could come into effect immediately.

The 21-year-old is off-contract for next season and is yet to play for coach Todd Payten this season despite the club’s struggles.,

The Courier Mail’s Peter Badel reported Greig is set to join the Eels and could be the next Cowboy to leave the club with immediate effect.

The club switch reportedly follows talks held between the New Zealand native and Eels coach Brad Arthur.

The 124kg giant has impressed for Intrust Super Cup side Norther Pride so far in 2021 after scoring two tries against Sunshine Coast Falcons last week.

Greig represented the Maori All-Stars in February, coming off the bench for 10 minutes against the Indigenous All Stars.

Latest posts