What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
In the last 13 games of the 2001 season up to the GF, we won 12 of them with an average score of 34-13
We reached 40 points in 5 of those games, 50 3 times and 60 once and only failed to get past 20 in 2 of those games which we scored 18 in both.
Even the finals series including the loss we averaged 34 points and scored at least 24 in each of them.

No-one worked us out, we just shat the bed in the big game against a red hot knights team

Bullshit.... I remember the Brisbane final amd that was a tough game. By memory a Solomona pass broke the game open..

Sixe games leading up to the grand final =
Bar the warriors game we had lost our shine. We where winning but not blowing g sides off the park anymore.
Dogs 24 - 16
Tigers 18 - 4
Eagles 38 - 22
Rooster 27 - 26
Warriors 54 -16
Broncos - 24 - 16

84 Baby

Referee
Bullshit.... I remember the Brisbane final amd that was a tough game. By memory a Solomona pass broke the game open..

Bar the warriors game we had lost our shine. We where winning but not blowing g sides off the park anymore.
Dogs 24 - 16
Tigers 18 - 4
Eagles 38 - 22
Rooster 27 - 26
Warriors 54 -16
Broncos - 24 - 16
The Dogs ended up finishing 2nd
In the Tigers game there was no Hodgson, Beuttner or Taylor.
We still racked up 38 against Eagles.
Roosters would go onto win in 02.
Smashed the Warriors.
I was at the Boncos prelim and it was tough. Similar to the year before when we played them. And they were stacked. But in hindsight it probably showed that mentally we weren’t ready to win the GF.

Incorrect

Coach
The Dogs ended up finishing 2nd
In the Tigers game there was no Hodgson, Beuttner or Taylor.
We still racked up 38 against Eagles.
Roosters would go onto win in 02.
Smashed the Warriors.
I was at the Boncos prelim and it was tough. Similar to the year before when we played them. And they were stacked. But in hindsight it probably showed that mentally we weren’t ready to win the GF.
I was overseas for all of the 2001 season and really didn't get to see any footage of any matches. Like you say, that Broncos team we played in the Prelim were stacked and defending premiers. I would have thought that win in the Prelim against that opponent would have done the teams psyche wonders, knowing they could beat that calibre of opposition in a clutch game.... Serious question ( cause I didn't see any games as mentioned), which team have us the most trouble that year in the regular season? Broncos? Knights? Someone else?

I guess what I'm asking is, heading in to the Finals that year, which team in the 8 did you think might have our measure on GF day?

King-Gutho94

Coach
I was overseas for all of the 2001 season and really didn't get to see any footage of any matches. Like you say, that Broncos team we played in the Prelim were stacked and defending premiers. I would have thought that win in the Prelim against that opponent would have done the teams psyche wonders, knowing they could beat that calibre of opposition in a clutch game.... Serious question ( cause I didn't see any games as mentioned), which team have us the most trouble that year in the regular season? Broncos? Knights? Someone else?

I guess what I'm asking is, heading in to the Finals that year, which team in the 8 did you think might have our measure on GF day?

Newcastle touched us up in round 4 that year up there 32-12. The return game was without the 8th immortal at Parra and we flogged them 40-0. Newcastle were without joey for about 2 months and didn't win many games in that period as well.

Brisbane we won all 3 games against them that year.

Only other time outside newcastle game we lost by 13 plus was in canberra

84 Baby

Referee
The team I was worried about heading into finals was Warriors. They’d been typical Warriors consistency though

hindy111

Post Whore
My point was we had started to slow down by end of season. Those 40 + wins had dried up for almost 2mths....

Glenneel

Bench
In the last 13 games of the 2001 season up to the GF, we won 12 of them with an average score of 34-13
We reached 40 points in 5 of those games, 50 3 times and 60 once and only failed to get past 20 in 2 of those games which we scored 18 in both.
Even the finals series including the loss we averaged 34 points and scored at least 24 in each of them.

No-one worked us out, we just shat the bed in the big game against a red hot knights team
Knights was always a challenge for us. They thrashed us in the first game when Joey Johns played but we thrashed them in the second when Joey didn't play. Their first half was unreal and you have to remember that we crossed their line twice but unable to ground the ball.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Knights was always a challenge for us. They thrashed us in the first game when Joey Johns played but we thrashed them in the second when Joey didn't play. Their first half was unreal and you have to remember that we crossed their line twice but unable to ground the ball.
I remember when they were playing the Sharkies in the semi I was hoping they would win, I thought we had their measure but the Knights had some players which could hurt us and they did badly. John’s was John’s and B Kennedy played like a man possessed.

Still haven’t watched that game, same as 98,99,2000 and 2005. Might do it when we eventually win one. So probably ever FFS!!

lingard

Coach
I honestly think over time he’s somehow managed to become horrendously underrated.
He was a tremendously talented player. His one fault was that he sometimes overplayed his hand - didn't know when to shut up shop; just kept going with adventurous plays when he perhaps should have just taken the tackle. Great player to watch, though.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors

Dogs 24 - 16
Tigers 18 - 4
Eagles 38 - 22
Rooster 27 - 26
Warriors 54 -16
Broncos - 24 - 16
It was a try saver from Hindmarsh on sailor that won the game. If he scored, then it was game over.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was a tremendously talented player. His one fault was that he sometimes overplayed his hand - didn't know when to shut up shop; just kept going with adventurous plays when he perhaps should have just taken the tackle. Great player to watch, though.
The only player who would consistently throw hospital passes that cut out two or three players.