What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Vic Mackey

Referee
Honestly as a neutral I find Mahoney fairly over rated. When you get those small guys who arent overly talented but put 100% in every game fans love it and see them through rose coloured glasses. I said it during the year but he's Parramatta's Alan Tongue, he's ok but I don't think its the wrist slitting that some of you are making out. I mean you got within a goal of beating the Premiers without him.

King-Gutho94

Coach
No I did, but that's what happens.

You gotta put in qualified professionals, doesn't matter what team they support. Sure If they support Parra that's fine, as long as they're qualified, but it shouldn't be a selection criteria.

I want a board that isn't going to get us to the point the Government has to come in and take over again.
Yeah no one wants that again but what this off season has shown is quite clearly we need to get a better balance between business acumen and footy IQ on the board.

Its probably gone back too far the other way and the recruitment and retention will have to be reviewed no doubt where are bit more footy IQ other then MON is on it

Gronk

Staff member
Maybe we need board members who are also genuine parra supporters..not dogs, tigers and dragons supporters...yes its a business but surely we can find suitably qualified persons to be involved...and no im not talking about the previous regime where they bent the club over
Do you think it's board members who call these shots or the retention committee ?

yy_cheng

Coach
Seems that since the Dogs secured a Pub Magnate as chief sponsor, signing players doesn’t present a problem. Another club that has a multi millionaire involved with numerous businesses seems to be able to retain players on unders.

Dont expect any queries from the NRL, given the profiles of the important people at those clubs.
Yeah probably the 3rd party killed us. Stick him at 14 and let stone start

Gazzamatta

Coach
Am f**ken shattered by this news as i know his preference was to stay at Parra and it seems that the Dogs offer was just more than we could afford. f**ken Dogs.
After tax its $50k per year. We also have BA vrs Barrett which was suppose to be a huge plus. Theres more to this that we dont know.
I hope BA plays him 80 every week now. 😉

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Yeah no one wants that again but what this off season has shown is quite clearly we need to get a better balance between business acumen and footy IQ on the board.

Its probably gone back too far the other way and the recruitment and retention will have to be reviewed no doubt where are bit more footy IQ other then MON is on it

The board don't make decisions about footy. They make the decisions about those who make decisions about footy. You don't need "footy IQ" on the board, you need people who can set targets and bring in people who meet those targets

IFR33K

Coach
After tax its $50k per year. We also have BA vrs Barrett which was suppose to be a huge plus. Theres more to this that we dont know.
I hope BA plays him 80 every week now. 😉

Gus would be of been in his ear how one dimensional BA’s game plans are. Would of been a no brainer for reed, especially the xtra $$$

Gazzamatta

Coach
Im guessing this spoils our development. Fergo, Rheed, Ice, Marata, Hippy all gone. Please dont tell me Rankins been shown the door. I couldnt take it.

Angry_eel

First Grade
As If I didn't hate Gould already, this just takes the cake. He's decimated the club for 2023.

I hope the merkin gets a heart attack while being blown by Barrett.

Our only hope is that Barrett is a shit coach.

King-Gutho94

Coach
By the way where the hell is our CEO Jim sarantinos. Must be on some European getaway in Greece.

I haven't heard a peep from him since he come out and said BA was safe as houses in August.

While carnage is happening Sarantimos is MIA

TheRam

Coach
We may have the money to spend but there's no talent to spend it on

Even if there was obvious good talent to spend it on we would be out bid anyway. We don't offer overs for established talent, so others will do and that will be that.

Our only hope is to get under valued talent or young still to developed talent. Also lets just hope and pray that one of the 3 hookers we have recently signed really steps up and surprises the sh*t out of us and plays the house down over the next 12 months.

We are not the Roosters that can wine and dine the likes of B. Smith for example and have Robinson and Uncle Nick regale him and then maybe sign him for unders.