What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Have it on good authority our Ceo happens to be a dogs supporter. Ok "was a Dogs" supporter...but probably still is.
Maybe enjoying a bevvie at the Canterbury Leagues as we speak
And the Chairman is allegedly a Saints fan…………

Eelogical

Referee
Even if there was obvious good talent to spend it on we would be out bid anyway. We don't offer overs for established talent, so others will do and that will be that.

Our only hope is to get under valued talent or young still to developed talent. Also lets just hope and pray that one of the 3 hookers we have recently signed really steps up and surprises the sh*t out of us and plays the house down over the next 12 months.

We are not the Roosters that can wine and dine the likes of B. Smith for example and have Robinson and Uncle Nick regale him and then maybe sign him for unders.
Our Centre Of Excellence should be producing some excellent talent, soon. When they do, it will be all about keeping them.

Noise

Coach
I said this early in season that it was time to let N.Brown go. I guess the good thing is his contract finishes in 2023. I would of thrown his money at Pappa.
We keep older blokes like RCG , N Brown and Gutho for 2023 so we can lose younger blokes like Mahoney, Papalii and Marata. D Brown will be the next to go.
Though it is very reassuring that we extended BA beyond 2022.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't consider any of those marquee. Also, Moses was unwanted, fergo was unwanted, rcg was unwanted, Blake was unwanted and paulo was let go by us only to buy him again for triple the amount.

Doesn't matter of they were unwanted - all those, bar Blake, and RCG, played Origin.

They're arguably marquee-type signings.

Point is - is the price is right, we aren't afraid to go after marquee players.

We keep older blokes like RCG , N Brown and Gutho for 2023 so we can lose younger blokes like Mahoney, Papalii and Marata. D Brown will be the next to go.

Marata wanted to go home. RCG is at the prime age for a player of his type (the merkin runs for 150m per game and they're not cheap). Mahoney has had increasing dubious run with injuries that might (or might not) become a real problem. Let's see who they use the cap space on, hey?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Maybe who knows. I am just stating he had a great season this year but prior had been just solid.
I have a theory that the Dogs would have chased Api hard had he gotten vaccinated. Given they showed another the door for not getting jabbed they could hardly make a deal with the Panthers 9. So if that pri*k had of had a small pri*k we would not all now think our 9 is a big pri*k.

Last edited:

SneakyEel

Juniors
I was never really into Mahoney always thought he was a solid option. I think we should really go for Starling offer him 450k. He's a cheaper option and has one of the best running games I've seen from a young hooker in a while probably since Cook. He's literally a Cook clone imo, he'd be an absolute gun behind our pack.

IFR33K

Coach
Bbbut Hindy, What do you mean " the best pack " ?
According to this very forum, IP is overrated, Niukora is no great loss, and Paulo is getting on a bit.
And as soon as Mahoney is confirmed gone, he is all of a sudden expendable and not such a good player anyway.
You guys are hilarious.
Lucablight, and the dude with the clown avatar are the only 2 that are still in touch with reality.
Oh, and let me finish with this lil gem: of the many star players you had in your team last year, 2 of the biggest names that have remained loyal are Moses and Matterson.
When those 2 are the beacons of loyalty in your team, shit is messed up

The one with the clown avatar? That would be @hineyrulz

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Don’t worry we have the Arthur boys and the rest of the Rouse Hill Rhino’s at least.

Eelogical

Referee
Would you stay with your current employer for $100k less per year?
To put it in a better context you should be posing this question as a percentage of his salary. Having said that, I would well and truly consider staying at my current for less if they had rescued me from the scrapheap.

Latest posts