What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
some of the media releases make me laugh

what does "Eels set to chase surprise Mahoney replacement" actually mean ?

all it needs to say is "Eels want to talk to Verrills"
But then you wouldn’t have clicked.
I anoint you Twiz responsible for being the only person on this forum to click the article and paste it here. And just screenshot it, don’t even give those merkins a chance at an accidental click. Then we can all read Eels articles for the price of only one click. Stories will start drying up when they start losing foot traffic.

#MTEACA

hindy111

Post Whore
If Storm released B.Smith this season and rossters where happy to release Verrils I hope we don't release Mahoney early.
2022 is a year we still have a great chance to do well and Rheed would be on unders. Unless Dogs chipped in for Rheed. If he is costing us I assume about 350k they give us 450k so 100k goes towards Verrils contract.

hindy111

Post Whore
By the time he comes here, I’m sure eels fans will rate every part of his game above mahoney’s.

I haven't seen a lot of him. But the Roosters signed him untill 2024 in 2020 so they must rate him a little.
Based on stats he is just average but is almost a year younger then Rheed and missed most of his 2nd season.
So he has had 2.5yrs in the NRL and 33 games vs Rheeds 3.5yrs and 74 games.

Rheed didn't come good untill about his 50th NRL game. It's about when most players really get up to speed in the NRL.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think he’s a solid first grader that needs to utilize his running game more. Not sure if that’s all he’s capable of, or his game is being restricted

Lichaa had a great run game in 20s. Tepai did also along with an offload.

Do you think its coaching or perhaps the fact NRL is about 3 x better and they just aren't good enough to bring that part of their game into the NRL.

Plenty of players carve up in 20s. Most of them never even get one NRL game. Plenty that do fizzle pot within a few years. I used to think it was coaching but nowdays I reckon its more the player just is playing against far better defenses.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Verrills makes the most sense from which player we were eyeing off from the roosters.

Fills a need same age as mahoney and will likely be squeezed by the cheess out of the number 9.