What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Not twenty minutes without the f**ken ball ffs. It's a freak turn of events and if it happens again I expect any good side to blow the scoreboard out. Our defence just isn't good enough to cope with that much sustained pressure.
Was it really 20 mins without the ball? Sure they had a run but 20 mins? Cmon man. The fact is that our defence is not the best. It’s the second worst or worst out of the top 8. If our defence is half decent we would not have been in that position against the Broncos. But defence is attitude and our team is so inconsistent this year from game to game and within the game. If we had turned up against the broncos like how did against the Panthers and Storm, we win. Why can’t we do that m? Why is our defence the worst in the top 8? The answers to those questions is why we lost to the Broncos

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
I feel we need to wrap D.Brown up soon. I'm also happy to let Moses go for this to happen.
Yes Moses has better defense but he is still a weak link. Brown is not. I have no issue with this happening. Moses I think has a great long boot and can be dangerous running the ball. But under pressure he doesn't seem to step up and gets flustered. I dont think he will ever change.
Plus I like to prioritise Dylan based on him always being at our club. This is how you build a footy side.

Gutherson in halves could work. JA may end up better then we think or another young half may pop up.
Unsure how strong a side we would have if spent 2 mill on our halves pairing. You need balance.

Definitely agree with all that. I even think that some of our 'power-game' tactics are maybe in place in order to compensate for Moses' shortcomings.

Rocket man

Juniors
I see it differently. Things will always go against you in a game. Same as it did yesterday with Manly but they got themselves out of it to the teams credit. Against the broncos though. The teams attitude wasn’t there. If they turned up with the same game aggression as they did against the storm, manly, Penrith we would have smashed the Broncos.
Broncos got some luck. bounce of the ball definitely went their way.

T-Boon

Coach
I feel we need to wrap D.Brown up soon. I'm also happy to let Moses go for this to happen.
Yes Moses has better defense but he is still a weak link. Brown is not. I have no issue with this happening. Moses I think has a great long boot and can be dangerous running the ball. But under pressure he doesn't seem to step up and gets flustered. I dont think he will ever change.
Plus I like to prioritise Dylan based on him always being at our club. This is how you build a footy side.

Gutherson in halves could work. JA may end up better then we think or another young half may pop up.
Unsure how strong a side we would have if spent 2 mill on our halves pairing. You need balance.

I would also prioritise DB over Moses at this point but I would have Moses as the second backline priority over everyone else currently in the side...especially Gutherson.
People forget how hard it is to find decent halfbacks and how easy it is to find decent fullbacks.