What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
did cherry evans have a verbal or signed contract with the titans ?
Different scenario. Back then, the 10 day cooling off period was a thing and he reneged within that period after Manly came up with an offer that trumped the Titans offer, so he was within his rights to renege regardless of terms, verbal or otherwise. That cooling off period has been scrapped for a while now ..

King-Gutho94

Coach
I wonder if the reason Papalii is being linked to the Warriors is because Parra are standing firm with not coughing up 1.9m for 3 years?
More like the manager proving a point he does not want to go Tigers and will go to any lengths to not go there.

gaffer

Juniors
Different scenario. Back then, the 10 day cooling off period was a thing and he reneged within that period after Manly came up with an offer that trumped the Titans offer, so he was within his rights to renege regardless of terms, verbal or otherwise. That cooling off period has been scrapped for a while now ..
didn't he buy a house there too before running back to moanly

did cherry evans have a verbal or signed contract with the titans ?

Why is that relevant? At the time he 'backflipped' the Round 13 rule was in existence, which allowed players who had signed for a new club for the following season to back out up until the end of Round 13 of the current season. That rule does not exist anymore.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Why is that relevant? At the time he 'backflipped' the Round 13 rule was in existence, which allowed players who had signed for a new club for the following season to back out up until the end of Round 13 of the current season. That rule does not exist anymore.
Same rule the OG Papali’i used to get out of his contract with Parramatta.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ricky had a 12 year cooling off period and it still didn’t work for him.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
It would add more spice to the Parra/Tigers rivalry if that happens.

Moses, Matto & Papali'i have all basically walked out on Tigers despite contracted.
Yeah, I'm in 2 minds about it. In principle I think he should stick to his word. But I'd prefer he plays with us rather than against. Tigers have nothing to gain from losing him seeing as they let go Tualangi Garner and Luciano.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah, I'm in 2 minds about it. In principle I think he should stick to his word. But I'd prefer he plays with us rather than against. Tigers have nothing to gain from losing him seeing as they let go Tualangi Garner and Luciano.
Yeah i am not fussed he made his decision last year and knew what he was getting himself into. I dont have any sympathy for him.

If he stays well its great news.

But the tigers didn't have a gun to his head for a contract in 2023 back in November 2021.

Paps should have waited to see how the season panned out or just re-signed.

He saw the $$$ and didnt think through his decision properly even though he had 6-12 months to make a decison if he really wanted too.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah i am not fussed he made his decision last year and knew what he was getting himself into. I dont have any sympathy for him.

If he stays well its great news.

But the tigers didn't have a gun to his head for a contract in 2023 back in November 2021.

Paps should have waited to see how the season panned out or just re-signed.

He saw the $$$ and didnt think through his decision properly even though he had 6-12 months to make a decison if he really wanted too.
We don't know the full story. Remember when Hayne was flown up to see the Tits facilities and nek minute he was in a hotel room with a pen in his hand ? His Agent was telling him that the Tits offer will be pulled if he doesn't sign and that the Eels are not interested. It turns out that the Agent was full of shit.

King-Gutho94

Coach
We don't know the full story. Remember when Hayne was flown up to see the Tits facilities and nek minute he was in a hotel room with a pen in his hand ? His Agent was telling him that the Tits offer will be pulled if he doesn't sign and that the Eels are not interested. It turns out that the Agent was full of shit.
Yeah well my take on all this for a long time is the players employ the managers not the other way around.

It does seem like a lot of the time the Manager makes the decision not the players. Especially with side deals with certain clubs and other players in there stable.

This is for all of them not necessary Papali'i situation but i reckon a lot of them need to grow up and make the decision themselves.

I remember someone saying one day these players should know what there worth why do they need managers for who don't have there proper interest at heart. All they need is to pay there lawyer for a day to come in and check over the contract and if all parties are happy sign off on the contract.

Latest posts