What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lucablight

First Grade
He's not worth to us what the Tigers are paying him. I'd rather someone who can defend and run into gaps instead of straight into the closest players he can find.
I don’t think he’s being used correctly. He was fantastic in the middle. His defence is pretty bad on the edge. In saying that if he’s not worth what the Tigers are paying him then I don’t see why the club changed its mind and tried to re-sign him again unless they were admitting they stuffed up.

He will be a loss but there’s plenty of good backrowers. Locking in our halves is an absolute must or we riot.
That’s the only solace I can take from this. I hope we also spend some money on getting better backs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We need to find some non lazy players who want to chase the collision and front load their effort areas, and that follow the game plan but when 10 mins into a game that game plan isn’t working blow it up and change it on the run. Plus they must have lots of hair not a receding hairline in sight. Does that about sum it up???

IFR33K

Coach
We need to find some non lazy players who want to chase the collision and front load their effort areas, and that follow the game plan but when 10 mins into a game that game plan isn’t working blow it up and change it on the run. Plus they must have lots of hair not a receding hairline in sight. Does that about sum it up???

aging and injury prone ones will be considered?

84 Baby

Referee
I don’t see why the club changed its mind and tried to re-sign him again unless they were admitting they stuffed up.
As @Eelementary pointed out to me, we had some cash aside this year for Taupau/Klemmer. When they didn’t happen, we had surplus cash we would’ve willingly given to Papali’i. We may not value him at $600k for 3 years, but maybe we do at $450k for 3 years plus another $450k this year.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Our players appear very fatigued. Add to that a need to win virtually every game remaining in 2022 and BA questioning their physicality. Energy levels will be further exposed. Dont expect miracles.
Now cast a mind back to the last World Cup in 2017. Plenty of Eels involved and a wooden spoon in 2018 the result.
2023 is looking extremely challenging.

Gronk

Staff member
Our players appear very fatigued. Add to that a need to win virtually every game remaining in 2022 and BA questioning their physicality. Energy levels will be further exposed. Dont expect miracles.
Now cast a mind back to the last World Cup in 2017. Plenty of Eels involved and a wooden spoon in 2018 the result.
Yes, but in 2018 we had Bevan French, Corey Norman and Jarryd Hayne in the squad, which mustn’t have been very healthy.

To add to that our pack was…..

Daniel Alvaro
Cameron King
Siosaia Vave
Marata Nuikore
Brad Takarangi
Nathan Brown

Tepai Moeroa
Tim Mannah
David Gower
Peni Terapo

King-Gutho94

Coach
Every team will have lots of players representing them.

Niukore & Papali'i are both leaving anyway so doesnt really affect us next year.

How many will play at the WC i dont think anyone from our team will make the Australian Squad outside of possibly RCG.
Other Nations
Moses - Lebanon
Penisini - Tonga
Paulo - Samoa
Sivo & Blake - Fiji
Dyl Brown - NZ

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yes, but in 2018 we had Bevan French, Corey Norman and Jarryd Hayne in the squad, which mustn’t have been very healthy.

To add to that our pack was…..

Daniel Alvaro
Cameron King
Siosaia Vave
Marata Nuikore
Brad Takarangi
Nathan Brown

Tepai Moeroa
Tim Mannah
David Gower
Peni Terapo

Watch this space Gronky. Concerningly there has been virtually no NRL exposure for many reserve graders who have probably earned an opportunity to support BAs obvious preferred players. Some a few minutes then cast aside. Obviously we wont know till it all unfolds but Ive read the tea leaves and it aint lookin great imho.
Cini
Perham
Russell
Rodwell
Emu
Ele
Rein
Ogden
Loizou.
Of cause a change of coach might create an entirely different situation but I reckon thats 100s.

Gronk

Staff member
Watch this space Gronky. Concerningly there has been virtually no NRL exposure for many reserve graders who have probably earned an opportunity to support BAs obvious preferred players. Some a few minutes then cast aside. Obviously we wont know till it all unfolds but Ive read the tea leaves and it aint lookin great imho.
Cini
Perham
Russell
Rodwell
Emu
Ele
Rein
Ogden
Loizou.
Of cause a change of coach might create an entirely different situation but I reckon thats 100s.
You side stepped the quality of our 2018 squad there. You still reckon we're a chance for the spoon because he couldn't find space for reserve graders ? Which coach operates a rotation system and rests players in his top 17 to give the backups time ?

Mind you, I'm not defending his drip feeding of newbies by giving them 5 minutes.

The thing is that Emu for example simply does not deserve a shot at NRL. Maka, who is an unremarkable prop in NRL, kills it in reggies. Emu does not in any way.

Latest posts