What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yeah well sometimes i dont feel young supporting this team and the roller-coaster it gives you every week each year.

Seeing nearly every team win premierships and break long premiership droughts in NRL and even AFL recently makes me jealous to experience what it would be like to see a parramatta premiership one day.

I thought we would win it every year after seeing us dominate in 2001. I just assumed we would be back in the GF the next year going home on the train after that GF.

If only my 7 year old self knew what mental pain and torture parramatta would put everyone through for the next 20 years supporting them.
Hang in mate. I went to my first Eels game at Cumberland in 1964 and was hooked forever more. 18 years later I was rewarded with the best team imaginable. 3 in a row. It can happen dude but we need another Jack Gibson.

Ill be fascinated to watch how Rheed goes next year more than anyone else.
Why did he start to run after half time V the Bunnies for the first time this year? It wasnt massive mind you but so much better than hes attempted thus far.
Defensively his effort it mostly good but hes physically owned most weeks. Maybe his shoulder?

Oh I'm sure he'll go at least ok. He's a good player. He's a smart player. I don't think he's a $600k+ player. But who knows.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Oh I'm sure he'll go at least ok. He's a good player. He's a smart player. I don't think he's a $600k+ player. But who knows.
My interest will be how different he plays under new direction. Ciraldo is by all reports a phenomenal defensive coach so he may get Rheeds technique back to whats needed. Then there is Rheeds running game which is pretty much non existent. Will he engage the markers? Will his passing game be more than that 20 meter pass or his crash ball? Im genuinly interested.
Marata and Ice will probably play as they have been. Oregon might be another to watch closely. Stone another. Like I said I reckon it will be fascinating to watch for differences.

I think Rheed will rhegress. Maybe not much but that seems to be the trend. I think it's more physical than mental, he's just little. As for the others I'll be mildly curious.

The Predictor

Juniors
My interest will be how different he plays under new direction. Ciraldo is by all reports a phenomenal defensive coach so he may get Rheeds technique back to whats needed. Then there is Rheeds running game which is pretty much non existent. Will he engage the markers? Will his passing game be more than that 20 meter pass or his crash ball? Im genuinly interested.
Marata and Ice will probably play as they have been. Oregon might be another to watch closely. Stone another. Like I said I reckon it will be fascinating to watch for differences.
Well miss Stones , starch see we don’t have any big hitters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's right. But people are talking like they've already won.

Obviously, as a team in the shitpile with a bunch of contracts of ordinary players ending, it is easier for them to buy multiple good players. It's not like they're trying to renew Moses and D Brown for instance. And frankly for the money they apparanently paid for Mahoney, they can have him.
Yep, merkins crow about us lowballing Papali'i based on one good season but would they be happy if we'd matched the Bulldogs offer based on Mahoney's 2021 season? It's nearly always better to lose a player than pay too much. Papali'i and Mahoney aren't essential to our team the way Moses is.

And yes it's easier to improve your team when it's shit. We made some gun signings after 2018 as you'd expect. Our focus with this squad is retaining the important ones and finding cheapies to bring in, e.g. Hopgood and Hodgson. I'd say that, whatever we're paying him, it'll be overs if he only plays one game and unders if he plays 20+. The value point will lie somewhere in between. Wil the Dogs get their money's worth out of Mahoney? Is it possible Papali'i will underperform at Wests?

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Rheed will rhegress. Maybe not much but that seems to be the trend. I think it's more physical than mental, he's just little. As for the others I'll be mildly curious.

I've seen little men who took it to the big guys for a short period but after years and years of pounding their little bodies wore down fast and they lost all their speed and agility. Little men can poke thru holes that bigger men can't but Reed rarely does this.
@TheRam what's your thoughts on small hookers?

Latest posts