What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
geez, it's not bad enough that Jetstar have to cancel your flight but they have to wake you up at 4.00 AM to notify you

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Incorrect

Coach
Is the cap only going up for us?
Not sure....

The point I was trying to make was that if we extended Drown on big money for 2024 and beyond, in addition to having RCG, Barlow, Gutho and Matterson on big money, then we might struggle to offer the big money it would take to secure a Moses or Burton if the cap stayed at its current limit. But if a bucket of a million or more suddenly becomes available then we have more room to move and up an offer... Barlow, RCG, Matterson and Gutho have all extended long term so we won't need to find extra money for them between now and their retirement/next deal... Unless of course their mgmt had prior knowledge about cap increases for 2024+ and negotiated incremental increases each based on that, but surely the club wouldn't be stupid enough to agree to pay these guys more in their declining years at the back end of their contracts...

And I know people will say "We CaN't ScrEw oUr CaP by SiGNinG 2 hIgH PrIcEd HalVes FFS!!!" - well I say why not give it a go? We're going on 37 years without a premiership, gotta try something otherwise we'll likely need to just settle being a 6th-10th on the ladder side for the next 5 years...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Haha you got analed for being a tight arse and trying to save a few pennies with JETSTAR.
They are hopeless and your a tight arse.
Good morning twizzle

It's Jetstar or the highway merkin, although logic has never really been your strong pint

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not sure....

The point I was trying to make was that if we extended Drown on big money for 2024 and beyond, in addition to having RCG, Barlow, Gutho and Matterson on big money, then we might struggle to offer the big money it would take to secure a Moses or Burton if the cap stayed at its current limit. But if a bucket of a million or more suddenly becomes available then we have more room to move and up an offer... Barlow, RCG, Matterson and Gutho have all extended long term so we won't need to find extra money for them between now and their retirement/next deal... Unless of course their mgmt had prior knowledge about cap increases for 2024+ and negotiated incremental increases each based on that, but surely the club wouldn't be stupid enough to agree to pay these guys more in their declining years at the back end of their contracts...

And I know people will say "We CaN't ScrEw oUr CaP by SiGNinG 2 hIgH PrIcEd HalVes FFS!!!" - well I say why not give it a go? We're going on 37 years without a premiership, gotta try something otherwise we'll likely need to just settle being a 6th-10th on the ladder side for the next 5 years...
6th-10 is a great achievement for a little club like ours.

hindy111

Post Whore
So just like a footy forum then .... 👍🤣😍😮🙁😡

Not really. We aren't putting happy snaps of ourselves and we all watch and follow rugby league so have more then basic knowledge. It isn't like we are making suggestions on how to run a country or handle a pandemic etc.

hindy111

Post Whore
It's Jetstar or the highway merkin, although logic has never really been your strong pint

I wish you a safe flight. 🙏 You will fly right above my head. If it's at night which is highly likely I'll put my fairy lights on and maybe you can see them