What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That also only shows as B.Ferney,
He captain coached guyra along time ago.

I can't comment on how the Eels will respond but if you contact RLP they will definitely listen to you, they are associates of ours and all members here

excellent website

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well we’re all nuffies here so your ability to make a judgment call is no more valid than mine. I didn’t say that’s why the Cowboys lost. I was pointing out that the Cowboys looked more tired than we did (Moses actually said this) and that it’s possible having bench players that played 3 and 14 min in that climate didn’t help. I don’t see how that’s not at least plausible. I never said coaches lose because they make poor decisions every week. Believe it or not I do think sometimes two teams can play a game of rugby league and one of them just plays better than the other. I was referring to a specific set of circumstances in this one particular game.
There are plenty of nuffies who think they know more than Warren Ryan and blame him for the 89 grand final loss when he replaced Roach and Sironen. The nerve!
Maybe modern coaches have learnt from it? Your best forward’s 65th minute might well be better than some bench nuffy’s first.

Glenneel

Bench
Nah...the one who signed a watertight legal contract, that has been registered with the NRL and endorsed by the RLPA, you know the one who signed a Contract with the Tigers who actually valued his services by offering him market value and three times what your club did.......you know that guy?
The one that has plenty of potential which he won't achieve in the broken Tigpies system. Look at how many have slipped thru your fingers and thrived elsewhere.

JokerEel

First Grade
The one that has plenty of potential which he won't achieve in the broken Tigpies system. Look at how many have slipped thru your fingers and thrived elsewhere.

It is funny how people go on about contracts then forget the coach who had a contract was fired. Plus players with contracts are told they can look at other clubs as they are no longer wanted..

Yes contracts 😂

Gronk

Staff member
He obviously hasn’t talked to @Barry O'Speedwagon who always says that contracts aren’t worth the paper they are written on.
What ? So do you mean that two parties can agree to something else and the contract is rescinded ? Wow, I did not know that. So they could sign Nathan Brown and charge a transfer fee as consideration under the Deed the Rescission ? Wow really ?

Tiger5150

Bench

Yeah I hate that. We should give it a name....

The Luke Keary Complex?
Papenhuisen Problem?
The Jamie Lyons effect?
James Maloney muddle?
Taufua troubles?
The Paul Gallen Complex?
The Stefano syndrome?

the phantom menace

First Grade
Not to mention Tallis, who I think sat out a whole season rather than play out the final year of his willingly signed contract?

And of course $onny Bill's bolt to Toulon with 3.5years of his Bulldogs contract leftto run...

T.S Quint

Coach
What ? So do you mean that two parties can agree to something else and the contract is rescinded ? Wow, I did not know that. So they could sign Nathan Brown and charge a transfer fee as consideration under the Deed the Rescission ? Wow really ?

Look, I’m no expert in contract law or anything.
But I’m pretty sure Ice can just rip up his contract any time he wants and play with whoever.

#noexcuses

It is funny how people go on about contracts then forget the coach who had a contract was fired. Plus players with contracts are told they can look at other clubs as they are no longer wanted..

Yes contracts 😂

Do you reckon that the terms of a player's/coaches contract don't affect how that contract is ultimately terminated?

Of course you can be fired in the middle of a contract. But there will be terms in the contract that stipulate what happens if one side elects to terminate the deal. In some cases that means that the individual who has been let go getting paid out the balance of their contract. In others it might mean three months pay, or the balance of the current year's contracted salary. All of this is behaviour specified in the contract.....this is exactly what the contracting parties agreed to. When you sign a coach on a 3 year contract, you are not agreeing to refrain from firing him for that period. You are agreeing to either a) employ him for 3 years, b) give him notice, and pay a specified amount of compensation determined by the reasons for termination and the time at which it occurs. All such contracts can also be terminated by mutual agreement.

And it is the fact that contracts are enforceable that means that teams who want to move a player on have to do so with the agreement of the player and an alternate employer. If a player wants to stand their ground, you have to pay them. You don't have to play them in the NRL.

Latest posts