What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Most on here we’re hoping Papa would stay, now you are saying he was over rated.. As for Hodgson, a lot of question marks over a 30+ year old Hooker coming off multiple injuries.

Not over rated. Very good power runner. Defense is poor and opposition began to expose it this season. Missed 11 tackles in the grand final. Two sides to a game.

EppingEel

Juniors
When Matterson returns the bench should look more like:

14. Rein/Arthur/Cartright
15. Hopgood
16. Makatoa/Rodwell
17. Tapau/Brown

SneakyEel

Juniors
Most on here we’re hoping Papa would stay, now you are saying he was over rated.. As for Hodgson, a lot of question marks over a 30+ year old Hooker coming off multiple injuries.
I honestly didn't want him to stay. He made a deal he should honour it. Hodgson has his doubters to prove he'll have a big 2023 season mark my words

emjaycee

Coach
Why I don't buy into the whole 2009 was just a good run and Hayne magic crap and we where shit in 2008 and 2010 is cause it's irrelevant. Sides perhaps worked out how to shut us down. But we developed this style that took an average side into one that fell short by a team of cheats. We basicaly where the best legit side. Nobody could handle us. We knocked off teams who finished 1,2,3 in finals.
So yes come 2010 sides perhaps figured out how to shut us down. But atleast we where able to find a way to almost win it. It was dam exciting footy. Not just luck at all.
Playing this safe boring footy that everyone knows what's coming needs luck to win it. You need everything to go your way and the opposition to play poor.
It's almost like your playing not to lose then to win.
I think when a club/team has spent years at the bottom like we had, playing not to lose is the first step in rebuilding. You start by getting to a point where you have some comfort that what you are doing is not the wrong thing and when you have that down pat, you introduce more risk... just like any thing (business/relationship/alcoholic) that is coming back from a low base.

I think when a club/team has spent years at the bottom like we had, playing not to lose is the first step in rebuilding. You start by getting to a point where you have some comfort that what you are doing is not the wrong thing and when you have that down pat, you introduce more risk... just like any thing (business/relationship/alcoholic) that is coming back from a low base.
Isn't this really an admission that we're not as focused on winning as we might be, which has been the claim or criticism?

emjaycee

Coach
Isn't this really an admission that we're not as focused on winning as we might be, which has been the claim or criticism?
Not really.
You win games by outscoring the opposition and if you are leaking 40+ points a game, that is hard to do.
So you focus on getting your fundamentals right, your defence, your penalties conceded, all the little things that limit the oppositions attack.
You also focus on not making mistakes with the ball. You play risk free in attack so as not to give away possession.

When these become 2nd nature and are part of your DNA, you play Parraball.

Latest posts