What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
That’s your opinion but you don’t make the NSW team if you weren’t talented. His strength is his hard running game. He good hole runner. Not every second rower needs to be a 5/8. I’d rather have Martin over tight arse Matterson.

I like how everyone at Penrith is overated by Pou
Yeo,JfH,Luai,Martin,Edwards,Crighton,Leota All average. Just in a good team
Yet they wiped our f**king arses in the grand final.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That’s your opinion but you don’t make the NSW team if you weren’t talented. His strength is his hard running game. He good hole runner. Not every second rower needs to be a 5/8. I’d rather have Martin over tight arse Matterson.
Matterson's definitely a better player, but would be on more money too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I like how everyone at Penrith is overated by Pou
Yeo,JfH,Luai,Martin,Edwards,Crighton,Leota All average. Just in a good team
Yet they wiped our f**king arses in the grand final.
Most of their top 17 are above average, which is better than us. Plus they had these elites:

To'o
Cleary
Yeo
Kikau

Meanwhile maybe half of our grand final team were average at best, with Dylan Brown our only elite player. That adds up to a grand final flogging, especially with us fatigued after playing in Townsville.

parra pete

Referee
What is in the water at Palm Beach Currumbin SHS when it comes to producing a halfback?
NRL devotees have seen past students Tom Dearden (Cowboys) and Toby Sexton (Titans) hit the big league as playmakers, and they will soon see Tom Weaver (Titans) break into the NRL this season or next.

Looming on the horizon is yet another young playmaker, Queensland schoolboys half Josh Lynn, who will be front and centre in today’s Langer Trophy livestream local derby between the two Gold Coast teams - PBC and Keebra Park SHS.

The big game starts at 5pm.

Coverage is part of News Corp’s livestreaming of the Langer Trophy and affiliated competitions this season.

Josh Lynn is making a real name for himself. Picture: Zak Simmonds

Josh Lynn is making a real name for himself. Picture: Zak Simmonds
GIRL POWER: HOW THE SCHOOLGIRLS HAD ORIGIN HEROES CHEERING WILDLY

Lynn said being coached by Tim Maccan and Brad Davis (both QRL play makers) and schoolboy coaches Chris and Rod Patison, was part of the reason for the conveyor belt of halves talent at PBC SHS.

But he said the hands-on experience of training and playing with Weaver was tremendous, noting Weaver’s “communication’’ skills and “ability to steer the side around”.

“At training I would just follow alongside him trying to learn as much as I can and take it on board,’’ said Lynn, who loves surfing at Burleigh Beach.

Weaver, a Cudgen product, starred in NSW under 19’s recent State of Origin victory wearing No.6.

Lynn said losing Weaver and Oskar Bryant after successive seasons at PBC SHS (2020-21) meant he and dummy half Tanu Nona had more responsibility.

“As an older boy (aged 18) I had to take on the responsibility and I feel I have done that okay for the first couple of rounds but there is still a lot of competition to go,’’ Lynn said.

Like Sexton and Weaver, .

Josh Lynn is the Parramatta SG Ball half - and has been named in the QLD Under 19 SOO Training squad

hindy111

Post Whore
Most of their top 17 are above average, which is better than us. Plus they had these elites:

To'o
Cleary
Yeo
Kikau

Meanwhile maybe half of our grand final team were average at best, with Dylan Brown our only elite player. That adds up to a grand final flogging, especially with us fatigued after playing in Townsville.

Kikau is not as effective as JFH. LEOTA bashed our forwards in that first 20 and he killed us.

Korisau is elite

hindy111

Post Whore
And Spencer keeps everything rolling from the bench

Yes.
See that's the thing with Marata. When RCG and JNR come off we struggle. Marata never was able to keep the ball rolling.
Matterson on bench doesn't work for me.
We need someone like Ogden or Greig to step up. Big bodies who can push the line back. Guys like Makatoa where like pillows

Latest posts