What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

It would be quite funny if we turned him into a good at the Knights expense.
Doorey was a good junior but it isn't like the Dogs seemed to put up any fight at all to keep him. I find that atleast a little concerning as they have wrapped up anyone they have wanted to keep and he is young and woukd of been cheap.
I got bathed on here for saying there were strong reasons why we let go of Doorey. It appears to be showing…

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I got bathed on here for saying there were strong reasons why we let go of Doorey. It appears to be showing…
Salary cap pressure. You would’ve overpaid to get him in the first place, then you overpaid for all these other merkins, Kikau, TPJ, Sutton. It makes sense you had to let go of fringe first graders and rely on minimum salary nuffies like Topine.

It comes down to how much you can afford to pay players outside the top 17.

hindy111

Post Whore
Salary cap pressure. You would’ve overpaid to get him in the first place, then you overpaid for all these other merkins, Kikau, TPJ, Sutton. It makes sense you had to let go of fringe first graders and rely on minimum salary nuffies like Topine.

I have seen Topine play and he impressed me.

Or maybe he’s bang average like i said on here before. You pointed out that winning stat for Jirah Momo which is shocking and Doorey still can’t win the spot over him when you probably need a Doorey like size rather than a lanky bloke like Jirah. We probably needed the salary but there was also other reasons why we had shown him the door and its kinda opening up now with this news. I hope i eat my words and he goes well but I wouldn’t count on it

TheCrowe

Juniors
Or maybe he’s bang average like i said on here before. You pointed out that winning stat for Jirah Momo which is shocking and Doorey still can’t win the spot over him when you probably need a Doorey like size rather than a lanky bloke like Jirah. We probably needed the salary but there was also other reasons why we had shown him the door and its kinda opening up now with this news. I hope i eat my words and he goes well but I wouldn’t count on it
The news that a couple of people have a good feeling about Jirah? TCT who attend all the training sessions think Doorey is the standout and have him pencilled in to the 2nd row spot. We wont much about anything till a few months down the track so you can stop worrying about Doorey for a little while and maybe worry about Flannagan who is in a way more crucial position.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Or maybe he’s bang average like i said on here before.
What's wrong with average players? Even the Panthers have them.
You pointed out that winning stat for Jirah Momo which is shocking and Doorey still can’t win the spot over him
Says whom? We haven't even had the trials yet.
when you probably need a Doorey like size rather than a lanky bloke like Jirah. We probably needed the salary but there was also other reasons why we had shown him the door and its kinda opening up now with this news. I hope i eat my words and he goes well but I wouldn’t count on it
He is only ten games back from a very bad injury. Prior to that he was going well for his age. He was an NRL regular (albeit in a shit team) at age 21.

hindy111

Post Whore
Its why we f**ked off Doorey. It was either one went and i think we made the right choice tbh. We will see

There isn't any pressure on the Eels in regards to Doorey. He was a cheap signing. Probably 50k over a min wage player. A squad player.

There is actual pressure on the DOGS recruits and also a lot players released who could of been kept cheap. Its different when say we lost Mahoneh,Papali'i, Kafusi,Marata for what I'd say is overs and big money. Ray Stone is probably the one I'd say if amounted to anything wouldn't of cost much to keep.
In the dogs case however

Example - If JMK performs well. He would of cost around 200k vs Mahoney at 650k

Schoup, Allan, Naden, Hethrington- Will any turn into quality NRL players. All could have been kept for average salaries.

You then have Burton - Will he be the million dollar player? Personaly I think so but has to prove it.

Kikau,Mahoney,Sutton and next year Spencer and Crighton. Big names and big signings are where pressure is along with guys you let go for cheap or average salaries. Last thing you want is to see another club pick up a bargain from your basement.

I tip DOGS to go well however.