What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What do you want sources for ?
Where do I start?? You really think he left because of the mean things on here or social media?? Lol Jakey is made of tougher stuff than that. We just signed Moses and Brown long term this is his chance to nail down a first grade spot DCE isn’t getting any younger. Didn’t you say recently that he won’t make it in the NRL as a half, does that make you a terrible person as well Sybil????

eels_fan

First Grade
Moses wont play origin - Hynes has overtaken him
Disagree on that. Hynes doesn’t have the kicking or game management of the best halves (yet). He’s brilliant but not yet at game managing which you need in origin. For mine, at origin he’s either a 6 or a 14, not a 7

IFR33K

Coach
Where do I start?? You really think he left because of the mean things on here or social media?? Lol Jakey is made of tougher stuff than that. We just signed Moses and Brown long term this is his chance to nail down a first grade spot DCE isn’t getting any younger. Didn’t you say recently that he won’t make it in the NRL as a half, does that make you a terrible person as well Sybil????

Nah gronk never said anything negative mate.

Seriously, he called for ja to go to SL to establish himself as a player. Now he’s gone, he’s gone full stupid.

IFR33K

Coach
That swung around pretty fast.. First it's JA leaving to I never bagged JA onto @Gronk is in the spotlight.. Few Wankers on here need to have a nice look at themselves doubt it will happen though

you need to go back and read my comments.

When I said I didn’t do anything, it was in response to gronk saying I see what you did there. I wasn’t saying I’ve never bagged ja.

Gronk

Staff member
Nah gronk never said anything negative mate.

Seriously, he called for ja to go to SL to establish himself as a player. Now he’s gone, he’s gone full stupid.
Because me saying that Jakey doesn't have the fast feet for 100+ games NRL at 7 and that he either needs to put on the kegs or maybe find a career path to ESL is exactly the same as relentless social media trolling that certain f**kers dished up since his debut. Yeah you go ahead and convince yourself of that.

TheRam

Coach
This is true. Imagine the family discussion and tears. The kid was a eels ball boy and the coach had to let his best backup half free for his personal health / development Now the club is left with Rankin or Yates (??) as 7 next week and we're cactus if Moses or Brown go down in the future.

Sorry I just don't buy your liberal crocodile tears.

The kid by the way is a man and a lot tougher then you profess he is. He is a professional footballer that has grown up around other professional footballers and a father who is top of the heap at the club to guide and mentor him very well and now joining another similar organisation and environment to be part of and broaden his education and horizons.

I also think at this stage of his very young adult life he is learning resilience and strength while he is being pampered on so many other levels and being paid very well for it for a 20 year old. If he couldn't cope with booing or idiots on social media then he should not worry about an NRL career because he will never have the fortitude to make it.

Many public figures have had to deal with the pelicans that exist in the public arena and a lot worse, but not all not all of them have a team/club of similar individuals to rally around. He by all reports has stopped looking at social media, which in my view most sports figures in particular should ban themselves from anyway. So he isn't silly and he is getting the right advise.

This is the 21st century and social media/internet has given us overall way better access to information, but with that unfortunately it comes with a sting in the tail sometimes. He is young, so he should know how to avoid putting himself in situations where he is viewing over the top abusive material. The 101 of the internet if you aren't a egotistical, bigheaded love me do.

There is only one sure fire way to turn things around though. Performance. Otherwise the Manly fans may also not be very forgiving too. But do I feel sorry for him, maybe, yes, no, not really. If I sit down and think about it and where I and my friends/peers where in our life when we were 20 and where he is right now, why the hell should I feel sorry for the kid? He is living the dream, is 100% healthy, being paid well to play a game he loves and has mates all around him and I'm sure that he is 99% of the time having a ball. Also has a great family and home to go home too. When you add it all up, we should all be so unlucky and abused.

Being booed on a football field by your own fans, obviously isn't ideal, but hardly a tragedy. If he is good enough he will turn it around. He won't, or should I say shouldn't blame the boos for his failures though and I'm sure he is strong enough and man enough to cope. If he doesn't make it as a player I'm sure with his background he will have not problem finding decent employment in club land or something to do in health and sport.

But the way you liberals run to his defense and try to shame people on here that have criticised his ability and or performances is so typical liberal 'we are the biggest hearted on the planet and the rest of you are cold hearted fascists' bullsh*t as per usual.

Cement and a straw crocodile boy. Fake jellyfish liberal to the end.

TLDR...Gronk is a crocodile Merkin.

BenKustoFanBoy

Juniors
Wonder if being the son of the coach had something to do with letting our only real reserve half option leave mid season. Just seems like a odd one why would you make our already shallow depth even worse ?

IFR33K

Coach
Because me saying that Jakey doesn't have the fast feet for 100+ games NRL at 7 and that he either needs to put on the kegs or maybe find a career path to ESL is exactly the same as relentless social media trolling that certain f**kers dished up since his debut. Yeah you go ahead and convince yourself of that.

No need to be negative gronk. He’s only a kid.

Gronk

Staff member
Sorry I just don't buy your liberal crocodile tears.

The kid by the way is a man and a lot tougher then you profess he is. He is a professional footballer that has grown up around other professional footballers and a father who is top of the heap at the club to guide and mentor him very well and now joining another similar organisation and environment to be part of and broaden his education and horizons.

I also think at this stage of his very young adult life he is learning resilience and strength while he is being pampered on so many other levels and being paid very well for it for a 20 year old. If he couldn't cope with booing or idiots on social media then he should not worry about an NRL career because he will never have the fortitude to make it.

Many public figures have had to deal with the pelicans that exist in the public arena and a lot worse, but not all not all of them have a team/club of similar individuals to rally around. He by all reports has stopped looking at social media, which in my view most sports figures in particular should ban themselves from anyway. So he isn't silly and he is getting the right advise.

This is the 21st century and social media/internet has given us overall way better access to information, but with that unfortunately it comes with a sting in the tail sometimes. He is young, so he should know how to avoid putting himself in situations where he is viewing over the top abusive material. The 101 of the internet if you aren't a egotistical, bigheaded love me do.

There is only one sure fire way to turn things around though. Performance. Otherwise the Manly fans may also not be very forgiving too. But do I feel sorry for him, maybe, yes, no, not really. If I sit down and think about it and where I and my friends/peers where in our life when we were 20 and where he is right now, why the hell should I feel sorry for the kid? He is living the dream, is 100% healthy, being paid well to play a game he loves and has mates all around him and I'm sure that he is 99% of the time having a ball. Also has a great family and home to go home too. When you add it all up, we should all be so unlucky and abused.

Being booed on a football field by your own fans, obviously isn't ideal, but hardly a tragedy. If he is good enough he will turn it around. He won't, or should I say shouldn't blame the boos for his failures though and I'm sure he is strong enough and man enough to cope. If he doesn't make it as a player I'm sure with his background he will have not problem finding decent employment in club land or something to do in health and sport.

But the way you liberals run to his defense and try to shame people on here that have criticised his ability and or performances is so typical liberal 'we are the biggest hearted on the planet and the rest of you are cold hearted fascists' bullsh*t as per usual.

Cement and a straw crocodile boy. Fake jellyfish liberal to the end.

TLDR...Gronk is a crocodile Merkin.
That's all just spin. The ACT game was the straw that broke the camels back. Lozza was appalled. Everyone with a heart felt the pain.