What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
just lucky for dragons they had great resources back in 2010, and were a great club.

Poaching Bennett made no difference for them.
Bennett was originally going to go to the Roosters wasnt he .... but they spilled the beans early and shitted him, so he told em to "f**k of"

His days at the broncos were done, so he had to go somewhere ... St George were building well at the time but i think they got a bit lucky

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Bennett was originally going to go to the Roosters wasnt he .... but they spilled the beans early and shitted him, so he told em to "f**k of"

His days at the broncos were done, so he had to go somewhere ... St George were building well at the time but i think they got a bit lucky
St George would never have won that comp if Melbourne didn't get done for salary cap breaches. No merkin ever mentions that.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Wasn’t it Gus?? lol. Then he tried to get Bennett after he fired Hook.

King-Gutho94

Coach
St George would never have won that comp if Melbourne didn't get done for salary cap breaches. No merkin ever mentions that.
Yeah they got lucky.

Imagine if they got caught 12 months earlier.

Just our luck they didn't.

And would Inglis have been put under the no fault stand down rule these days when he was charged with assaulting his missus at the time 4 weeks out from finals that season.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
With his kicking game he’s worth at least as much. Kicking is so important it blows prices out for players who are good at it. Is why Reynolds and Townsend would be on so much despite being otherwise ordinary players.

true Pou but imo the Munster has a bit more xfactor about him, whereas Mitch relies heavily on his kicking game

Also, I've gone off Mitch a bit the way he held us to ransom on his last contract negotiations, I just don't think he's worth $1.25million, assuming that's what we paid for him

IFR33K

Coach
true Pou but imo the Munster has a bit more xfactor about him, whereas Mitch relies heavily on his kicking game

Also, I've gone off Mitch a bit the way he held us to ransom on his last contract negotiations, I just don't think he's worth $1.25million, assuming that's what we paid for him

If we manage to jag a comp with Mitch at 7, it’ll be the best 1.25m we’ve ever spent.

eels_fan

First Grade
I think we probably have the most cap invested in a halves pairing of any team in the comp - possibly only Storm with Munster/Hughes may be close..

But I’d rather both of them be playing for us than against us, and the other options on the market were rubbish or would have been total gambles that could have gone either way.

There is no doubt that Mitch/Brown have a great partnership, and Moses only said in an interview today that Brown signing long term had a massive bearing on his decision to stay too.

im super confident if we can keep the right team around them, we’ll nab #5 before 2026

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Brookes has been on more than Moses his entire career until next season.
We don't know this.
Do you think he's had more demand than Moses in all that time?
At the time we signed Moses the demand would have been the same. But also the Tigers are more likely to overpay, as they are a weak/desperate club. The obvious implication of this is that players signing at Wests are more likely to be motivated by money, and willing to take the top offer to play for a weak club.

Latest posts