What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
That's this year. I want to see a 4 peat from my 2nd team in the area I grew up in.
I have no shame in admitting it. My whole family, dad,his brothers and cousins on his side all follow Parra and so do I. But I have a close bond to Penrith being my home town.
If the EELS where a finals side of course my preference is for them to win it. But that's not an option after 8 gruelling rounds of footy we are spent.
You’ve been living in the yuppy inner west for so long, you’re a polyamorous NRL supporter.

eel01s

Bench
If it's true that we said no to at least sounding out if Bennett was really interested to coach from next season then that is very, very poor due diligence from the Board. All options and scenarios should be looked at and planned for, that is literally their job.

Now I feel dirty as I voted the incumbents back in a few months ago. But, look at the quality of alternative directors that put their hands up! A bunch of people no more qualified than myself or other posters on here. Is this really the best we can attract?

I'm sure everyone here likes a prudent, fiscally responsible Board (for the Leagues Club), but fmd the Footy Club is a different kettle of fish. We desperately need a top level operator who can get things done and has some sway within the game.

It is great to be loyal to BA, but seriously to offer another 2 year extension last year was ridiculous. If BA was sacked today no one could say we weren't loyal - he has had 11 year ffs! The aim of the footy club is to win games and premierships, and to do everything possible to achieve that goal.

We need to put people in place that will do that. But they have to make themselves available to do so at Board level.

Soto

Bench
I'm already starting to think what will the crowd number be next Fri against the Drongos? I can't be bothered turning up to see us analed

King-Gutho94

Coach
And the Warriors
I don't think his role at the warriors was anything like the one he had Penrith or Canterbury.

It was more on the minor scale.

Anyway he was never ever going to come to Parra no matter what we offered him.

Gus loves being right after the fact. He still hasn't been involved in a club while they won the premiership since 2002 and before that was 1991.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We were never a realistic chance mate. We went out in straight sets every other year except fluking the grand final when we had our Bradbury moment, but got absolutely embarrassed in the GF.
We were absolutely a realistic chance. In 2020 we were wiped out by backline injuries/suspensions at finals time. In 2021 we lost to the eventual premiers by two points. Plenty of teams have won the comp without being the best team. They just got some luck.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Here’s a theory. MON, as the head of football, makes recommendations about the coaching staff to the board. He knew that the potential of Bennett arriving would make his position untenable. Therefore advised the board that they need to look elsewhere.
I was thinking the same

Vested interests everywhere within this club.

Johnny88

Juniors
South Sydney tables three-year, $2.5 million-plus deal to Wayne Bennett

Bennett has not engaged a manager for negotiations. He is dealing directly with Souths officials, boosting confidence that a deal will be expedited and rubber-stamped within weeks.

It is understood Bennett’s current contract at the Dolphins, which expires this season, is worth in excess of $800,000-a-season.
The Rabbitohs are willing to match his Dolphins deal to ensure Bennett is not short-changed at a time when the NRL’s greatest coach has also been linked with Parramatta, whose long-serving mentor Brad Arthur is under mounting pressure to perform.
The Dolphins have not given up hope of retaining Bennett, discussing a multi-faceted role that would see him usurp Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould as the most powerful club official in rugby league.

Bennett has privately told trusted associates there are some NRL clubs he would coach and some that don’t hold appeal.
The 74-year-old has no history with the Eels but it is understood the club was recently sounded out by a third party about their interest in entering the race to sign Bennett.

However, Parramatta chiefs are committed to Arthur and want to give him every chance to succeed before they consider heading in another direction.
They reinforced their stance at a board meeting this week after it emerged that Souths had approached Bennett about returning to their club.
If Parramatta wanted a shot at Bennett, they had to act. However, they made the decision to hold their ground and back Arthur to turn the club around.

Noise

Coach
BA has signed more contracts/extensions as Eels head coach then finals wins in his 11 years.

Let that sink in.

6 contract extensions plus the initial contract 3 year contract.

2013 signed a 3 year deal.

2014 extended to 2017 https://www.nrl.com/news/2014/11/01/eels-extend-coaching-contracts/

2016 extended to 2019

2019 extended to 2021

2020 extended to 2022

2021 extended to 2024

2023 extended to 2025
It’s madness. The merkin has won nothing but a wooden spoon.

Latest posts