What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
What if they weren't in the race because we've already got him? 🤔 don't think that's the case but imagine if that's how it panned out...soufs want him badly...he's 75 next yr..I think we have a better roster than soufs..If I'm Wayne I know where I'd rather be...that's parra not soufs

King-Gutho94

Coach
Sources with knowledge of the situation, who requested anonymity in order to speak freely, told the Herald…

The tea lady knows what is going on !
Who knew there was a board meeting on Wednesday night.

Someone's let the cat out of the bag.

I dont think what the herald have said is wrong.

The board would have discussed Bennett and opted against chasing him instead wanting to give BA every opportunity to turn this around.

That's basically what the story said.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sources with knowledge of the situation, who requested anonymity in order to speak freely, told the Herald…

The tea lady knows what is going on !

well that would be good enough for the media, maybe the tea lady is a SMH plant

Legal Eel

Juniors

The board would have discussed Bennett and opted against chasing him instead wanting to give BA every opportunity to turn this around.

I think Gronk must be saying that he has information that contradicts this and that is why he feels justified in ridiculing it?

Gronk

Staff member

How can you logically conclude this ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

agree on Benny, disagree on BA

maybe they want some one else but why would they leak that to the media at this stage

Gronk

Staff member
not being a knob - trying to fathom how you know that story is so incorrect.
Yes you are, cos if you were genuine, you would have actually read what I have posted this morning instead of trying to put words in my mouth.

King-Gutho94

Coach
How can you logically conclude this ?
Its pretty easy to conclude that Wayne Bennett would be on the menu for discussion at the board meeting on Wednesday Night.

We opted against pursing for the time being.

Your telling me he wouldn't have been at least discussed on Wednesday when the board convened.

Gronk

Staff member
Its pretty easy to conclude that Wayne Bennett would be on the menu for discussion at the board meeting on Wednesday Night.

We opted against pursing for the time being.

Your telling me he wouldn't have been at least discussed on Wednesday when the board convened.
No, what you guys have jumped on is the speculation that the board have decided to give BA every opportunity to turn this around.

There is no doubt that the board sits at regular intervals and it would be incumbent on them to discuss the performance of the team including BA.

Like you, I listen to podcasts and watch NRL shows. I lap them up. What is obvious is that these journos take a snippet of info and extrapolate it into a story. They join the dots based on what they perceive is logic. I hear them actually brain storm speculation or narratives on the Telecrap or 2MMM podcast. The flip flop based on what they like the sound of best. Sometimes Ready will start with a narrative and then after chatting it over with Chammas or Rothfield, they will arrive at a totally different story. I hear Ready say "I like that". Like he has accepted a more saleable story for clicks.

I have little faith on the inside information being anything other than "there was a board meeting" and maybe to the answer re: Bennett "nothing was resolved". From there I reckon the rest of the story is just join the dots and merkins here (who already have an entrenched bias) want to believe it. Me, I'm more of an agnostic about a lot of things and in this case I know that there could be multiple scenarios playing out. PLUS the mindset would be very much framed around not dragging us through a basketcase situation like many many clubs have been through in the past. Every coach transition involving Phil Gould has ended up ugly. Hasler got chopped by the dogs then by Manly (is still in court with Manly). The only thing I am positive about it that they will be desperately wanting to avoid this.