What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
Interesting thing is what the club & Ryles do now.

It could have been just BS dribble from journos but i suspect there was a deliberate ploy/leak from someone at the club last week to put Gutho on notice and sell Blaize his future that he would be the fullback from next year along with the Moses captaincy.

It came from multiple journos and when there is smoke there is fire.

Thats now gone down the drain it will be interesting where everything sits now.
It’s not the club mate. Player managers leak to the media. They always have. They use them for their own agenda. I suspect the To’o rumour has come directly from his manager.

JokerEel

Coach
It’s not the club mate. Player managers leak to the media. They always have. They use them for their own agenda. I suspect the To’o rumour has come directly from his manager.

Apparently To'os manager is having a meeting with the Riff today...

I will guess he put it out there as he and his client want more money.

Pazza

First Grade
Interesting thing is what the club & Ryles do now.

It could have been just BS dribble from journos but i suspect there was a deliberate ploy/leak from someone at the club last week to put Gutho on notice and sell Blaize his future that he would be the fullback from next year along with the Moses captaincy.

It came from multiple journos and when there is smoke there is fire.

Thats now gone down the drain it will be interesting where everything sits now.

Ryles needs to figure out quickly why young players have no interest in wearing the blue and gold.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ryles needs to figure out quickly why young players have no interest in wearing the blue and gold.

possibly more to do with why he wanted the Panfers, they set the bar pretty high

we gave him an easy pathway and made him a decent offer, not sure what more we could have done

hindy111

Post Whore

This is the issue. It's a disaster that all these hot juniors from your winning SG BALL squad have walked. Why are other clubs able to keep the kids they want yet we can't? The top ones are keeping their beat juniors who even have their pathway blocked.
We wanted Blaize. He should of been wrapped up before the season started. Huge fail.
Gutherson is the leader. Perhaps they all learnt of him how to milk the club during his last contract negotiations. Perhaps its BAs culture he built

Pazza

First Grade
possibly more to do with why he wanted the Panfers, they set the bar pretty high

we gave him an easy pathway and made him a decent offer, not sure what more we could have done

If it was a one off case then OK but it isn't. It's keeps happening, even our established players don't want to commit.

Delboy

First Grade
Some of you blokes need to harden the fk up, if you’re joining me in the Ryles Revolution!

Fk Blaize… said it weeks and weeks ago, not particularly bothered if he leaves. It’s one less Isaac Moses issue to deal with and we made him a more than reasonable offer.

The kid can’t defend and isn’t lightning quick. Can certainly sniff out a try.

The bottom line is, if they don’t want to be here, we don’t fking want them here!
We all want Ryles to succeed

He will Be hamstrung by a lack of cap space and an aging roster, the club will have a battle to retain membership level if they are unable to make moves to strengthen a thin and lacklustre backline in particular.

The question is a big one, how did a club with our orofike and decent resources get to Tigers level. Think we know the answer and the board should make sure the right and experienced staff are employed. Can’t continue with what we have been subjected to for the past few years. A statement from the club with at least a plan is a minimum , we have players that have been extended and still nothing from our esteemed HOF , failed as usual.

yy_cheng

Coach
We all want Ryles to succeed

He will Be hamstrung by a lack of cap space and an aging roster, the club will have a battle to retain membership level if they are unable to make moves to strengthen a thin and lacklustre backline in particular.

The question is a big one, how did a club with our orofike and decent resources get to Tigers level. Think we know the answer and the board should make sure the right and experienced staff are employed. Can’t continue with what we have been subjected to for the past few years. A statement from the club with at least a plan is a minimum , we have players that have been extended and still nothing from our esteemed HOF , failed as usual.
i believe we have a war chest for 2026.

Next year, Ryles should check out our potentials.

Pazza

First Grade
This is the issue. It's a disaster that all these hot juniors from your winning SG BALL squad have walked. Why are other clubs able to keep the kids they want yet we can't? The top ones are keeping their beat juniors who even have their pathway blocked.
We wanted Blaize. He should of been wrapped up before the season started. Huge fail.
Gutherson is the leader. Perhaps they all learnt of him how to milk the club during his last contract negotiations. Perhaps its BAs culture he built

Look at Sanders, is he going to a better situation??? You think he just walking in a takes a spot over strange or fogarty??? No chance.

I don't know what is going on but something has to change. We ae meant to be a development club, so far we are just developing for everyone else.

Pazza

First Grade
i believe we have a war chest for 2026.

Next year, Ryles should check out our potentials.

You have to develop your own to win, that's how the Panthers have done it, that's how Melbourne did it, it's how manly did it before them. Unless you're the roosters you can't go to market for all your talent and win.

JokerEel

Coach
You have to develop your own to win, that's how the Panthers have done it, that's how Melbourne did it, it's how manly did it before them. Unless you're the roosters you can't go to market for all your talent and win.

Panthers can do it and then continue to develop players and keeping them signed up to play in cup..

We on the other hand can't do shit

yy_cheng

Coach
It's the BA Stink.

The SG Ball are besties with Matt.
There are probably alot of coaches and other people who were pro BA still at the club who can spread a word or two and who don't know where their future lies. I gather people liked BA and would be pro him and negative to any change. He was there for 12 years.

It's why it's ok those that are negative go and let Ryles introduce his style and let it be soaked up.

A bigger name like Bennett or even Cheika may have allowed us to keep some of the talent but we didnt get to go down that route.

yy_cheng

Coach
The thing is we haven't developed our own. N Brown came to check it out and I don't know if anything happpened based on his findings.

Unfortunately, we have to go the doggies route until we do. Ciraldo and Gould apparently has put in the systems for the grass roots but it takes time for that to come to frutation. So we have to buy for now.

Latest posts