What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

EelEtric

Juniors
Is it true you have at least 5 players including brown and Moses with exit clauses in there contracts if true you should direct your anger at management as you may lose many more players
No it's not true we have exit clauses as an exit clause would give the player the right to leave (exit) mid-contract.

We have pre-defined extension clauses which the club or the player can decide to accept prior to their current contract expiring.

If they choose not to invoke the pre-defined extension clause, they become free agents 12 months from when their current contract expires, or later if there is an expiry date on the extension clause that goes beyond November on their last year.

So, Brown hasn't signed a contract until 2030 or whatever. He has signed a contract until the end of '25 or '26 and has a pre-defined extension if he chooses to accept it (and then another one, etc).

Talagi chose not to accept the pre-defined extension in his current contract and go to the open market. We knew this month's ago when it expired.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Fancy comparing the Talagi family to the Trbojevic's give me a spell.

One what have they achieved so far compared to the turbos.

Secondly i think the Turbos being such a nice family have Manly conned they are all on inflated salarys and it's the elephant in the room over there.

Turbo has been on 1.2mill for 12 games a year. Jurbo is on 800-900k I reckon so as much as they love the club fmd they ain't missing out financially and probably all getting overs. Not sure what Ben is on but I imagine it would be more then we think.

How much success have they had in the Turbo's era less then us. They have made 1 prelim final and won 2 finals games in 10 years.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We need to look at how clubs like Penrith convinced Luai and Martin to hang around in reserve grade, Storm have done it with Faalogo, Broncos with Mozer. It can't just be money. Very few players are ready to be consistent 1st graders at 19, so we need to figure how to keep them at the club until they are.
Are these clubs offering more off field opportunities, better facilities, a better chance at success, better coaching? Is it just the player managers that our players happen to have? Whatever it is we aren't doing it well so we need to figure it out.
The culture at this club is appalling, it all starts with the Nepotism Gnome who made sure both his sons got a free ride and every chance. He bled blue and gold apparently lol, yeah right he’s shown how much he really cares after he was sacked well after his used by date. And then we get the players they either have f**ked off or gone to market and screwed the club for ever red cent. Both the co captains did this, from our supposed leaders. The whole lot of them can f**k off as far as I’m concerned. We are a selfish club and no one is willing to put the club first and until this happens we will continue to be a laughing stock.

Gronk

Staff member
Bit rich calling Paps a Parra Junior.
When did Kellyville
No it's not true we have exit clauses as an exit clause would give the player the right to leave (exit) mid-contract.

We have pre-defined extension clauses which the club or the player can decide to accept prior to their current contract expiring.

If they choose not to invoke the pre-defined extension clause, they become free agents 12 months from when their current contract expires, or later if there is an expiry date on the extension clause that goes beyond November on their last year.

So, Brown hasn't signed a contract until 2030 or whatever. He has signed a contract until the end of '25 or '26 and has a pre-defined extension if he chooses to accept it (and then another one, etc).

Talagi chose not to accept the pre-defined extension in his current contract and go to the open market. We knew this month's ago when it expired.

Exactly. It's like I have been talking to brick walls here for the past few months.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone getting a f**king annoying video pop up every time you click on a link / post / thread on the site? Making it an absolute punish to read anything
iPhone and safari
Yep... Chrome and Android for me...

As you already know, whinging here will achieve nothing

gaffer

Juniors
moses getting on in age but if he continues to play a handful of games a year .He'll be with us a long time But we should be looking after our next No7 who will fill in for him. That would of been sanders, but he thought he'd get a better run with canbra

JokerEel

Coach
I don't see any bricks walls around here i think we all hear you loud and clear.

You, Pou & R&R committee are all on the same page with POs.

Must feel great to be part of the minority.

Yeah how great are Player Options...

Not having full control over your Salary cap and also you roster as you have to wait and see if the player is going to take up their option and if they don't you have to spend months negotiating missing opportunities to sign a replacement only for them to say they aren't staying..

How awesome

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Plenty applauded the club mate when signed Moses,Dylan etc.
This year's a shambles
And what if we overpaid Moses and Drown? What if we lost Sanders, Talagi and Arthur because we refused to overpay? The fact is we don’t know if any deals are good or bad because we don’t know how much they’re getting paid.