What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
Kenny like Robson don't need to be attacking weapons.
They have enough attack in the backs.

They need to lead the defensive line and make 30-40-50 tackles a game.

That's what we need a Hooker that can pass has some foot speed and tackle

Pazza

First Grade
I agree with him and this is what I have been saying. Our squads main problem is fitness, attitude and very ordinary previous coaching. If we can address these issues quickly and make 2 or 3 astute signings we should quickly reverse our fortunes.

The problem is as I have said before, do we have all the right people in the right roles that are capable enough to get the job done?

I don't think we do yet and time is going to beat us if we don't do something about it very quickly.

JokerEel

Coach
Brian Smith managed it 6 times in his 10 year stint.

1998 - 2nd
1999 - 1st
2000 - 2nd
2001 - 1st
2002 - 4th* - Bulldogs were 3rd by just 5 points and were over the cap
2005 - 1st
2020 - 3rd
2021 - 4th - Souths were 3rd by just 4 points

Brain Smith was our best coach we should have sacked BA and Barret and had him come in for the rest of the season....

yy_cheng

Coach
As others have said, if we can jag a good dummy half, a forward leader, (we simply don’t have one. RCG is the closest thing to a forward leader) and two outside backs, we look a different side in my humble opinion.
I would prioritize keeping RCG, Hands (as a 14), Offa, Hopgood, Kelma and Cartwright on the bench from our current top 17 forwards, priorities Guymer and some of the juniors in the middle.
(As long as we already have them locked up on contract for at least 2 years)
Then add two outside backs, one with speed and one to help coming out of our red zone.
Throw them into a back line with Moses, Brown, Lomax and to a far lesser extent Penisini and we look better.
then move on Junior, Matto, Lussick, Lane, Sivo, Asi, et al. Russell can stay as a back up and then fill the top 30 roster with promising juniors from both our pathways and other clubs.
There jwh, Nelson and Cotter free i believe.

Go after Spencer for mine

yy_cheng

Coach
I agree and I also think Harry Grant has been pretty average this year. Despite the fact I cant stand him, I really think he is overrated at times. I'd take Api in a second over Harry.

The key question is, who is the next under rated Kenny we can grab for next year? Surely there is a Q-Cup or NSW Cup player of the year around, or a hooker in waiting at another club we could offer a starting spot to?
Booooooods

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Brian Smith managed it 6 times in his 10 year stint.

1998 - 2nd
1999 - 1st
2000 - 2nd
2001 - 1st
2002 - 4th* - Bulldogs were 3rd by just 5 points and were over the cap
2005 - 1st
2020 - 3rd
2021 - 4th - Souths were 3rd by just 4 points
He was a genius. Always got good value from plodders and toilers, and it’s the latter that make your defence strong.

84 Baby

Referee
Well I don’t think we can buy our way out of this. We need to get the players we have performing better, which would be why we arseholed the coach. Ryles’ job will be to prepare them for 2025, and we can replace merkins in 2026 when their contracts expire.
The likelihood of players performing better and to pay scale is highly unlikely and the likelihood of us having to replace them in 2026 even as far back as 2022 was high means I guess you’re correct and we’re all in on the “we’ll just buy more players” to replace them angle.
This is despite the fact most successful teams have a core of club developed players. There is zero development plan here. We had our strongest junior team in a long time and probably the 3 most influential players from there will be gone for a variety of reasons. At least Sanders leaving makes sense, he wasn’t going to be in front of Moses/Brown easily. But Talagi & Mrthur had clear paths to NRL.

84 Baby

Referee
Kenny like Robson don't need to be attacking weapons.
They have enough attack in the backs.

They need to lead the defensive line and make 30-40-50 tackles a game.

That's what we need a Hooker that can pass has some foot speed and tackle
Two Hands would suit us

EelEtric

Juniors
The likelihood of players performing better and to pay scale is highly unlikely and the likelihood of us having to replace them in 2026 even as far back as 2022 was high means I guess you’re correct and we’re all in on the “we’ll just buy more players” to replace them angle.
This is despite the fact most successful teams have a core of club developed players. There is zero development plan here. We had our strongest junior team in a long time and probably the 3 most influential players from there will be gone for a variety of reasons. At least Sanders leaving makes sense, he wasn’t going to be in front of Moses/Brown easily. But Talagi & Mrthur had clear paths to NRL.
If Talagi wanted to play '6' then his path was blocked just like Sanders.

Stevie

Bench
Our attack isn’t the problem ffs. Last year we were fifth in the NRL for tries scored. We are similar this year with Moses on the field. Our problem is our defence. That’s got nothing to do with all your shit about creative hookers and whatnot.
Pou honestly can you post less often. Just put it all in one post literally every 2nd post is yours the last 10 pages it’s annoying mate.

Latest posts