What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheCrowe

Juniors
Welcome aboard TGAA.

Stefano is at his 3rd club before he is 25 years of age i think we can pass that one off as a bloke who was never going to be loyal.

Blaize well who knows i wouldn't lose any sleep atm if he never came back.

It will be interesting to see how Penrith fix his defence next year and the improvement they get in that area.
They may be able to teach him defence but he will always be slow.
Watching some of the highlights and they just run around him.
Blaize money => Connor Votano.

TGAA

Juniors
The Smith Bros, Willy Tonga, Mateo, Hayne, Inu, Blake Green, Zeb Tai, Luke Burt, Eric Grothe Jr, Reddy, Danny Sullivan. The list is endless.

Bea was at the club the same time length and the juniors brought through and developed could be counted on about one hand.
Didn't he bring in Manly Juniors across ?

TGAA

Juniors
Welcome aboard TGAA.

Stefano is at his 3rd club before he is 25 years of age i think we can pass that one off as a bloke who was never going to be loyal.

Blaize well who knows i wouldn't lose any sleep atm if he never came back.

It will be interesting to see how Penrith fix his defence next year and the improvement they get in that area.
Ta

TheRam

Coach
Yeah but we also had Brian Smith and Crusher Cleal involved at the club in the lead-up. From a talent development point of view, that was a pretty special time.

And there were supposed respected posters on here at the time that dismissed Cleal leaving as not being a big deal and that he just had a scatter gun approach to recruitment and wasn't as good as all the hype. I argued that they were wrong and that he would be a great loss.

Guess time shows us all(except they won't admit it of course) who knows their footy and who doesn't, even though you would think that some of these lame turkey posters, with their connections and all within the club should have known better.

As the old saying goes, can't see the forest from the trees.

Gronk

Staff member
And there were supposed respected posters on here at the time that dismissed Cleal leaving as not being a big deal and that he just had a scatter gun approach to recruitment and wasn't as good as all the hype. I argued that they were wrong and that he would be a great loss.

Guess time shows us all(except they won't admit it of course) who knows their footy and who doesn't, even though you would think that some of these lame turkey posters, with their connections and all within the club should have known better.

As the old saying goes, can't see the forest from the trees.
Crusher left us in 2003. You joined here in 2007.

Calculate Zach Galifianakis GIF

Crusher leaving was a huge issue, not only did it set back recruitment as he left in the middle of the season, we lost Lyon over it as well.

All over "Allegedly" Crusher using the Eels corporate credit card to by a Larger TV for his house where he hosted the JETS program. He had that card because he would use it for the regular (thrice weekly) shopping trips to keep the house stockpiled.

Gronk

Staff member
Crusher leaving was a huge issue, not only did it set back recruitment as he left in the middle of the season, we lost Lyon over it as well.

All over "Allegedly" Crusher using the Eels corporate credit card to by a Larger TV for his house where he hosted the JETS program. He had that card because he would use it for the regular (thrice weekly) shopping trips to keep the house stockpiled.
No doubt about it (first paragraph).

TheRam

Coach
Crusher left us in 2003. You joined here in 2007.

Calculate Zach Galifianakis GIF

If you look back you will see I was commenting on it from the time I joined whenever it was being discussed and there were posters(probably you being one of them) that didn't think he was much chop as a scout.

84 Baby

Referee
f**k me now we’re bitching and moaning over Noel Cleal having a falling out with club officials who also haven’t been here for f**kteen years

TheRam

Coach
Eventually merkins will come around to the idea that resourcing differentiates the clubs with the best staff from the rest.

Oh pls. Why don't you resource a pair of oven mitts before you type your stupid and ridiculously obvious posts?

Your posts would make about as sense you dribbler.

Gronk

Staff member
If you look back you will see I was commenting on it from the time I joined whenever it was being discussed and there were posters(probably you being one of them) that didn't think he was much chop as a scout.
Not really. Lots of talk about Barney Haslett and Karl Filiga !

@Avenger was fired up (must have been after a loss). :p But as I said, lots were dirty after Lyon left and all the BS that followed about Wee Waa, then St Helens, then (of course) Manly.

1723700810441.png

Most were pretty disappointed and acknowledged what Crusher did and that opinion was pretty constant.

Anyway, what did Brian Smith say or do to Lyon that was so horrible ?

We also have recently had a very good scout out and about in Northen and Country NSW, but he is no longer used by the club.

I saw him at the Eels vs Raiders NSW Cup game, he bought though a young kid and was managing him.

Some might say he was a wiggle.

Latest posts