What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
What do we need?

He's currently doing pathways work, I believe our head of football, Matthew Betsey is in that role as well.

Do we need an assistant coach, with a lot of experience?
He'd be good in pathways working with the half's.
The trend these days is to go with the younger coaches like Ciraldo.
If he is to be Benji's assistant would they have the chemistry?
Imo we had the best assistant coach groomed to be a head coach that I'm sure could work with Marshall but we let him go and now Penrith have him. Our loss their gain. Another stuff up.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Nutz

Bench
I reckon the winning song should be Kumbaya My Lord where all the players hold hands in a circle and sing with gusto.
After which they can have a sauna, massage, pedicure and manicure to calm their souls.

Nutz

Bench
I wonder how much binding there is with development and train and trial contracts.
If a development players doesn’t meet expectations can he be bumped/paid out to make way for recruiting?

gordsy

Juniors
Toovey was good at Mnaly but not great and has been out of the game for a while. Plus he hasn't been flooded with job offers for a while now. Could we have him as a toughening up coach for the young guys in the team yes, will we ? No!I
f I read the story right he threatened to throw out his toys because a mate of his got told to find another job. Seems like he might fit in too well...

Tiger05

First Grade
3 years left of his contract and we as a club roll over yet again.

How did we let this one happen ? It's just bizarre. I assume though it was his manager wanting him to be in first grade today on huge dollars and we have too many halves. I am pretty sure the kid could have played in the centres or fullback as well.

gordsy

Juniors
Hope we got compensation for him. Apart from that we will never keep them all. Plus we have Galvin, Luai, the Fainu brothers and the dope from Saints. His manager did his job and got him a deal as a 5/8 from another club. It would be hilarious if he was another Harry Siejka

Nutz

Bench
But he's only a kid, still at school isn't he. If someone knows can you let us know what his contract was, he only recently debuted in Jersey Flegg, is he development?

Tigerm

Coach
But he's only a kid, still at school isn't he. If someone knows can you let us know what his contract was, he only recently debuted in Jersey Flegg, is he development?

According to ZT, he wasn’t on a development contract.

Let Manly develop him, then we will pinch him back in a few years.