What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Clifferd

Coach
Brooks is off contract at the end of next year, so based non his 2018 form his asking price will near double. Sadly thats the price you pay for a n07/6 these days. So if we nail Cleary we will have a ton of cap tied up in both of them plus JR. That will than restrict our ability to bolster other positions.

Time will tell, but I think if we get Young Cleary we might be saying good bye to Brooks and I don't want that to happen

This is also true. We could be left with the decision of choosing either Brooks or Cleary. Hence why I’m not so sure we needed to rush in and get Moses

Tigerm

First Grade
This is also true. We could be left with the decision of choosing either Brooks or Cleary. Hence why I’m not so sure we needed to rush in and get Moses
A bird in the hand...…..we may not have either Brooks or Cleary at the end of next year, you just never know.

Tiger05

First Grade
A bird in the hand...…..we may not have either Brooks or Cleary at the end of next year, you just never know.

Good point. Let's wait and see what happens over the next couple of years. It'll be interesting if IC can develop a winning team and one that can actually have continued success.

gordsy

Juniors
I'm not sure he will come here just yet. Gould's twitter post said that Ivan has been Involved In all his contract negotiations with Penrith. Bit harder for that to happen when you dad's the coach of the club.
He could very well go to the Roosters along with Ivan as a replacement for Cronk.

Tigerm

First Grade
From Fox sports news:
Last year Woods signed a four-year deal worth a reported $3.2 million and Foran inked a contract reportedly worth $3 million over three years.

Good $'s if you can get it. He wont need to play again.

Tiger Ted

Bench
From Fox sports news:
Last year Woods signed a four-year deal worth a reported $3.2 million and Foran inked a contract reportedly worth $3 million over three years.

Good $'s if you can get it. He wont need to play again.
Geez u certainly wouldn’t b pissed off about being shopped around or missing selection in origin if u were earning that kind of insane money.Dopey softcock ingrate Woods shouldn’t have to worry about being in a hurry to find employment post footy !

Although I find Isaac Moses to be a despicable piece of work the guy is a fkn genius salesmen/negotiator when he can get Woods & the tanka the lucrative contracts they r both on.

Clifferd

Coach
I’m hearing Tim Grant > Newcastle effective immediately

Was always way down the pecking order here but I reckon he’d get regular 1st grade at Newy so good on him

Clifferd

Coach
Woodsy said he doesn’t wanna go to Newy. Fckin hell I’d laugh my ass off if he ended up at Parra with the tanker

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’m hearing Tim Grant > Newcastle effective immediately

Was always way down the pecking order here but I reckon he’d get regular 1st grade at Newy so good on him

I’m not hugely keen on that. Seems he’s down the pecking order and we haven’t used JJ yet but still don’t like letting him go when our squads already only 27. Maybe we’re clearing space to get Mbye here this year?

Or with reports Cartwright is wanting to come back to Sydney could cleary want him? Ivan brought him into grade. Guy has all the talent in the world and we know Ivan won’t give him a free pass.

Clifferd

Coach
I’m not hugely keen on that. Seems he’s down the pecking order and we haven’t used JJ yet but still don’t like letting him go when our squads already only 27. Maybe we’re clearing space to get Mbye here this year?

Or with reports Cartwright is wanting to come back to Sydney could cleary want him? Ivan brought him into grade. Guy has all the talent in the world and we know Ivan won’t give him a free pass.

I wouldn’t be against getting Cartwright but geez he’d want to change his attitude quick. Maybe he just doesn’t like being away from Sydney

IC wouldn’t release Grant without a plan anyway you’d think

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'd take Woods back IF:
1. He makes a formal apology via video, sent to all Wests Tigers members. In the video he admits everything he did whilst captain at our club, apologises for it, then cuts off all his hair as repentance for his sins
2. Bulldogs pay a good chunk of his salary
3. He is willing to play off the bench

I know we are all bitter about what happened but deep down we all want Woodsy back

super_coach

First Grade
Would not touch Cartwright and I doubt Cleary would. The word culture and Cartwright do not go together. As for Grant leaving, this has been in the pipeline all year so I doubt it has anything to do with Woods being shopped around but you never know. Next three weeks will be interesting with plenty of gaps need filling in our roster

simmo05

Bench
I'd take Woods back IF:
1. He makes a formal apology via video, sent to all Wests Tigers members. In the video he admits everything he did whilst captain at our club, apologises for it, then cuts off all his hair as repentance for his sins

I know we are all bitter about what happened but deep down we all want Woodsy back
Wrong

Tigerm

First Grade
I'd take Woods back IF:

I think we have now seen, that there are better FR's around, so I don't think he would be offered another chance.

I'd take Woods back IF:

If he apologised for being a dumb merkin who let his manager lead him astray and f**k his cult figure status and goodwill with the fans of this club and humbly beg forgiveness I might cop him back.

But he won't.

So f**k him.

Latest posts