What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Shredder

Juniors
I think this article proves that IC is not happy with MM or Godinet or Taylor at 9.
For the rest of the season only, I have no major problems with this.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Re: Farah, we're obviously not going to win the comp this year, but with a fullback and decent hooker, we can definitely finish in the Top 8. This would be a fitting farewell for two WT legends in Farah and Marshall so I say go for it. Move onward to bigger and better things next year when both move into off-field roles.

macnaz

Staff member
I don’t see a point to it. We’re not going to win the comp so why get a 34 year old in for 10 weeks. Even if Farah plays the best footy of his career we likely finish 8th at best and lose week 1. Personally I see more potential negatives then positives
Well
It Gives us 10 weeks with a proper hooker to at least reach our potential for 2018 , and possibly add something thats been missing the whole year which may enable us to be very competitive if we make the 8.
Farah and Embye would complete our spine for 1st time this year , we have been practically playing at 50% in that department and still coming close to winning most games . Who knows what can be acheived with a full compliment of players in those positions?
Also he is fantastic defensively, plays 80 mins allowing a better bench . He adds creativity around the ruck which in turn takes pressure of Brooks as the opposition now has another threat to deal with. AND there were plenty of supporters who cancelled memberships and stopped supporting the club due to the way he was treated, so this is a good PR story to right the wrongs and let him finnish on a good note with the club he started at.
There are a couple of positives without thinking to hard , not sure there are many negatives ...particulary whilst Cleary is running the show.

gordsy

Juniors
It still leaves the problem of who is playing in the 9 jumper next year. Liddle doesn't seem to have it in him to go for 80 and if he gets Injured who replaces him ?

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don’t see a point to it. We’re not going to win the comp so why get a 34 year old in for 10 weeks. Even if Farah plays the best footy of his career we likely finish 8th at best and lose week 1. Personally I see more potential negatives then positives
Well if you get him and you've got Mbye too it actually concerns me now when we play you guys!

Re Farah funny how he was bagged by most of your members when he left and then now on social media it's like yep we will welcome him back with open arms..... go figure!!!

Re Farah, I see more positives than negatives.

As the 9, immediately there's an 80 minute player, defensively the team loses nothing, service from 9 we gain plenty, provides more in attack for the team when in opposition 20, has a superior kicking game than any other 9 who has played at 9 since his departure.

Humble pie, he returns for the rest of the year with no leadership role and to a team where there are not that many players left from his time there*.

He provides a mentoring role for Liddle perhaps that may even extend beyond this season.
IC & Benji will keep him check and I say this with the utmost respect because whilst plenty has been said about his time and role at the Tigers, plenty of it was/is rumour and innuendo.

* These are the players still at the Tigers from 2016, 30 listed players with games played in 1st grade in brackets.
J Aloiai (15), Brooks (21), Chee-Kam (1), Felise (0), Grant (12), Lawrence (22), Liddle (0), Naiqama (23), Nofoaluma (23), Sue (18), Taylor (15),

But, I still can't see it happening except for the fact that they need to fill the roster and perhaps it's an easier way to do it.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I'm another for bringing him back. Benji and Farah retiring together at the end of the year would create a lot of positivity around the club which we could still use more of after the last couple of years. Positive media around a club definitely helps in recruitment.

Given the way our hookers have performed this year I have no doubt he would be the best option we have for the rest of the year.

Also Cook seems to have given Farah a bit of credit for his form and the mentoring that Robbie has provided. If he comes with the same attitude as Benji, which I am sure he would, Liddle would surely benefit from training and learning from Farah for 6 months.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Farah can do for Liddle what he's done for Cook.
Cookie has been helped by Farah somewhat no doubt. But Cookie has the skill and pace plus fast crisp passes... does Liddle have that in him?

If we let him back to you we don't really have a back up hooker. Maybe Murray to fill in.

Re Farah funny how he was bagged by most of your members when he left and then now on social media it's like yep we will welcome him back with open arms..... go figure!!!
Yeah go figure Rabbits, but I don't know about most, I think there could have been an even split and plenty based on what I said above regarding rumour and innuendo and plenty of that from those 1st class citizens in the press.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Cookie has been helped by Farah somewhat no doubt. But Cookie has the skill and pace plus fast crisp passes... does Liddle have that in him?

If we let him back to you we don't really have a back up hooker. Maybe Murray to fill in.

Don't Souffs have the bye before Origin III, with all teams having the bye before Origin II?

So Cook theoretically doesn't miss any more games barring injury.

You'll be fine ;)

Tiger Ted

Bench

That’s y Souths would b crazy to release him.If Farah does return to us for the remainder of this season chances are Cook will incur a serious injury which would derail there huge premiership prospect.

More importantly I’ve got no qualms about Farah returning for the rest of this season coz we desperately need an upgrade on our ineptitude at dummy half.

If we can beat the raiders & it’s a big if then the inclusion of Mbye & Farah will definitely increase our chances to qualify for the 8 due to how glaringly weak we are in those crucial positions.

magpie_man

Juniors
I don't really have anything else to add that hasn't already been said in this thread regarding Farah's return.
While it does have the potential to blow up in our face, with both he and Mbye in the team we're a real chance of making the 8; without them we're no chance.