What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Abacus

Juniors
FMD, when is your shambles of a club going to make a decision! 5 coaches in 8 years - does it matter who you pick?! Just get on with it so Penrith can start their preseason with their head coach there from day 1!

Pilot house

Juniors
Pilot is back and ready to rumble!

They shouldn’t even be here these wretched Panther trolls.

To them, re-signing the hopeless son-worshipping coach they sacked in the first place is like winning a grand final.

I am sincerely and deeply ashamed to live in their player catchment and I apologise on their behalf and also on behalf on mein fuhrer Gus Gould.

Both the Clearys need to go to reverse family counselling. It’s very serious. I hate to see family dysfunction of this kind. It’s a threat to the community. Teal ribbon day. Buy a teal ribbon to help rip over enmeshed families apart. Spread some reality over at Penrith.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
I read a couple of posts some where that basically said that Gus didn't sack Ivan due to results, it was more to do with how the job was affecting him away from footy. Would love to know more but anyway.

Pilot house

Juniors
I read a couple of posts some where that basically said that Gus didn't sack Ivan due to results, it was more to do with how the job was affecting him away from footy. Would love to know more but anyway.

Well officially gus claimed that in his view, Ivan was “ tired”.

Which some people claim is a euphemism for something/s much more dark and upsetting.

And the reports were that Ivan was very upset at being dumped so ungraciously. Bitter was the expression used.

Upon his appointment Gus then labelled Hook as the “best coach in the game” which was a statement he obviously no longer subscribed to when he sacked him in quite an ugly and brutal fashion.

This turned a lot of people off because it was devoid of dignity and immensely disrespectful.

It sent a message to all would-be panther coaches that Gus may turn on them too. You don’t get this malarky and arrogance at other clubs. It was sheer dictatorship and the panther faithful are too weak to pull gus up.

Even if he didn’t like Hook, you don’t go about slandering him like that. Thus Hook retaliated on Fox 360. Also rare.

So some people know the truth about ivan’s departure from panthers first time and it’s a closely guarded secret. The thing is that if gus turns on ivan, the young immortal is not going to be very pleased. So they are stuck with each other.

What should be a strong club is in reality, quite weak because it has no professional management and devoid of any creative spirit.

Players like Maloney were powerful enough to criticise hooks sacking and how it was done but the silence was deafening from most of them which is understandable. Pretty cowardly. At least Bennett’s players stood up for him at bbq gate.

I don’t like apologising for my district, this is where I choose to live.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
This. He came here in 2012 and spent two seasons churning through shit, having loved juniors like Lewis, Jennings and others leave because of their back ended contracts from previous management messing with our cap. We were cellar dwellers. In 2014 we had a great season when we came 4th and were seven points away from making the grand final despite having a lot of injuries then. The thought being that we were finally passed the worst and we were a massive chance of winning the comp in 2015 considering how great we did with a lot of injuries in 2014. Instead we got potentially the worst injury toll in NRL history and in the last round played for the spoon. We had ten unique starting halves pairings through out the season. Everyone got injuries. One of our players even missed game time because he cut his hands so badly when he was doing the dishes. It was madness. Gus met with Ivan and his wife after the season. His wife said he was stressed out and affecting him away from footy, that's what lead to him being let go. Hence the whole "tired" thing that everyone completely takes out of context.

There might be more to the story but from a fan's perspective that year was incredibly stressful considering the expectation and what ended up happening. It'd only be worse for the coach. But in saying that shortly after he was sacked Nathan Cleary signed a new contract with us and took a clause out that meant he could leave us to join the club his dad's left to. If there was truly any beef there Nathan wouldn't have stuck with the club that 'fvcked his dad over'. The whole thing is just shit that kermit the frog burn victim sounding dickhead sports editor at large at the telegraph is using to throw more garbage at the club. Like always.

Pilot house

Juniors
This. He came here in 2012 and spent two seasons churning through shit, having loved juniors like Lewis, Jennings and others leave because of their back ended contracts from previous management messing with our cap. We were cellar dwellers. In 2014 we had a great season when we came 4th and were seven points away from making the grand final despite having a lot of injuries then. The thought being that we were finally passed the worst and we were a massive chance of winning the comp in 2015 considering how great we did with a lot of injuries in 2014. Instead we got potentially the worst injury toll in NRL history and in the last round played for the spoon. We had ten unique starting halves pairings through out the season. Everyone got injuries. One of our players even missed game time because he cut his hands so badly when he was doing the dishes. It was madness. Gus met with Ivan and his wife after the season. His wife said he was stressed out and affecting him away from footy, that's what lead to him being let go. Hence the whole "tired" thing that everyone completely takes out of context.

There might be more to the story but from a fan's perspective that year was incredibly stressful considering the expectation and what ended up happening. It'd only be worse for the coach. But in saying that shortly after he was sacked Nathan Cleary signed a new contract with us and took a clause out that meant he could leave us to join the club his dad's left to. If there was truly any beef there Nathan wouldn't have stuck with the club that 'fvcked his dad over'. The whole thing is just shit that kermit the frog burn victim sounding dickhead sports editor at large at the telegraph is using to throw more garbage at the club. Like always.

The erotic guy is much less feral than his friends, but you can see how effective the propaganda is on the panther mindset.

They sincerely believe that stealing another clubs coach is ok.

I apologise for their errant thinking.

They will try to treat you guys better in the future.

They want you to believe that Gus waved his magic wand, suddenly a rainbow appeared, then they jumped on a unicorn and rode into happiness land.

They truly believe it and they want you to as well. It’s for your own good to. Believe it Tigers and it will come true! Stealing your coach and screwing your club over is ok. They swear by this.

You watch ‘em turn up here to preach and convert people.

Pilot does not abandon his beliefs to the likes of Gus Gould.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee

Panthers forum >

Das Hassler

Bench
There are two questions hanging over the panthers dressing room
1 Would Ivan have gone back to the panthers and Gus so soon after a humiliating exit if his son wasnt there?
My guess....No and HELL No

2 Would Gus have rehired a coach who holds some animosity towards him.and has caved under pressure if the club's most valuable player wasn't his son?
My guess....No and HELL No
Moving into the future with a club and coach who don't reeearly want each other will be skating on thin ice.
Maybe i"m wrong and Gus / panthers and Ivan really WANT to be together irespective of Nathan but......ah doubts it

Pilot house

Juniors
The tigers are back defending their turf.

They may all get wiped out, but they will take every single panther troll down with them.

Hell boys, i love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Pilot house

Juniors
The whisper from a well connected familial source is that

A. Cleary will be moved on by end of next week if not in the next few days.

B. Madge will get an immediate 4 year contract with the Tigers.

Source: unable to disclose. Current as at 10:15 this morning.

All care, no responsibility.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
The whisper from a well connected familial source is that

A. Cleary will be moved on by end of next week if not in the next few days.

B. Madge will get an immediate 4 year contract with the Tigers.

Source: unable to disclose. Current as at 10:15 this morning.

All care, no responsibility.

That’s exactly what I heard last Friday but anything could happen in a week.

I like the idea of Maguire over Bennett, in know I am in the minority, I just think Bennett has had a great roster, great facilities, massive budget,great draw and endless support from the refs and bunker. With all that going for him he has under achieved and coming to our club he will be way down in all of the above, so it is hard to see how he is going to succeed.

Yes Bennett maybe able to attract one or two players and some cooperate partners, but Madge might be able to do the same. Purely from a cost side of things Madge is going to be cheaper.

Anyway my big fear is we will miss out on both

macnaz

Staff member
My real issue with Madge is his best days at Souths came on the back of a great forward pack and a pretty handy backline to go with it. When their talent dropped to average so did his coaching ability and he just couldnt seem to find another plan to get the best out of the team. I fear we just dont have the team able to play the only style he knows.
I suppose if he is around for 4 years its possible he could BUILD a side , but fmd im over the rebuilding :(

Greg Inglis
2 Alex Johnston
3 Dylan Walker
4 Kirisome Auva'a
5 Lote Tuqiri
6 Luke Keary
7 Adam Reynolds
8 George Burgess
21 Apisai Koroisau
10 Dave Tyrrell
11 Ben Te'o
12 John Sutton (c)
13 Sam Burgess

Interchange
14 Jason Clark
15 Kyle Turner
16 Chris McQueen
17 Thomas Burgess

Tiger05

First Grade
I definitely don't want another rebuilding phase. I don't expect us to win the comp next year but I don't want to hear about how we are on a five year plan or something like that. Put a team on the park that can compete but don't screw up the cap so that we have guys on way too much money who aren't performing.

I'll be happy when a new coach is announced. I don't care who it is. I just don't want another JT experience but you could get that via Bennett or Maguire. We just have to hope the coach isn't a dud.